Voice-over services for films
One of the main factors behind the commercial success of a movie, documentary, or other film, is a voice over. The soundtrack should be clear, without any additional noises, and most importantly – it should make the audience feel a certain way. The best solution to achieve all the above is to order professional voiceovers by the best movie voice over artists. Our team at Edge Studio has extensive experience voicing over movies of all genres: documentaries, fiction, children movies, action movies, comedies, indie movies, and others.
What is voice over in a film and why it matters?
Out of all sounds, which one has the greatest impact on the perception of the movie? The human voice. This is the best reason to turn to professionals. After all, with the artists’ voice tempo, intonation, and emotions, they can shape characters and achieve maximum synchronization with facial expressions and actions.
You can record film voice over during different stages of production and for different purposes:
- Automated dialogue replacement (ADR) is a voice over of original dialogues in movies. The purpose of this process is to improve the quality of the voice track, remove unnecessary sounds, and make speech clearer. Sometimes ADR is used to improve a scene, or to replace a few words in an actor’s line.
- Dubbing is a voice over of a film with the translation of the original dialogues into another language. Our studio works with talented speakers of different languages. You will be able to choose the best candidates during the casting.
- Narration in film is a voice over in a movie that allows you to tell viewers the thoughts of the characters or describe the events taking place on screen during the introduction. This is as important as the characters’ lines in the film.
How films are dubbed in Edge Studio
Step 1. Preparation. We meet with the producers and find out what needs to be voiced over: a short movie, a documentary, a children’s film, a comedy film, or something else. It is also important for us to know what our role will be: ADR, dubbing, intro to a film. How many voice actors are needed, requirements for voice, timbre, intonation, accent are to be discussed during this stage.
Step 2. Selecting a voice. Together with the producers, we conduct a casting of voice-over actors, distribute the roles, and make a recording plan.
Step 3. Recording an audio track. In our studio we regularly record solo or group recordings. At this stage, it is important to maintain an emotional tone and achieve maximum synchronization of the voice with the video image and the movement of the lips of the actor on the screen.
Step 4. Post-production. This is the most time-consuming part of the project, which involves watching the footage, editing the audio track, timing, articulation correction, and synchronization with facial expressions.Request a Quote
Edge Studio film voice over services
Our main voice acting services for films include:
- Selection and casting of actors, so that each voice matches the character and emotions of the voiced hero as much as possible.
- Translation of lines into other languages, considering the timing of the original soundtrack.
- Adaptation of the text to the foreign market and the unique features of the local culture.
- Voice-over narration for the film introduction.
- Re-recording of the actors’ original lines to achieve sound purity (ADR).
Sound design and soundtrack mixing
Why is it worth contacting us?
Edge Studio provides professional voice over for both feature films and short films. We have everything to achieve the highest quality result:
- Powerful recording equipment that allows us to create high-quality sound without extraneous noise and other defects.
- Foley effect equipment. This lets us record even the slightest sounds in films: the rustle of clothes, the sounds of footsteps, the creak of doors, the breaking of glass.
- Acoustically equipped booths that can accommodate up to eight speakers at the same time.
- Mixing/viewing room built according to Dolby specifications.
Professional translators who can translate and adapt characters’ lines in over 80 languages.
- Experienced narrators and voice actors who we select based on linguistic features, accent (or lack thereof), articulation, and speech tempo.
- The best sound engineers, editors and other experts who will provide you with the best results.
Regardless of the complexity and volume of voice over in film production, we always meet deadlines. If you have any questions or are ready to order a professional voice over of your creation, contact us by email or phone.Request a Quote
Voice Over and Audio Production that Leads the Industry!
Voice Over Movie Trailers
Producing a movie trailer voice over can be critical to the success of your film project. Why? Because a high-quality trailer determines the first impression moviegoers will have about your movie.
It also requires advanced security and specialized precautions to ensure the secrecy necessary in today’s film industry.
Voice Over Cartoons
Watching animation is an exciting experience for both children and adults. Through colorful visuals and the skill of perfectly selected voice over actors, each of us can get away from everyday life while watching a cartoon or an anime.
One of the most important components of any animated video is solid voice over performances.
Voice Over Radio
Radio commercials are one of the most effective uses of voice over. In just 60 seconds, a carefully selected actor can fully capture the attention of the audience, bring up a specific problem, and immediately offer the perfect solution. Professional voice over for radio ensures the target audience receives the intended message in an informative and thoughtful way.
Voice Over Commercials
A carefully selected voice actor is the key to an effective advertising campaign and leads to brand recognition and capturing the customer’s imagination. When selecting the best commercial voice over actors, Edge Studio strives to fully match the requirements set by the advertiser with a voice that perfectly matches the advertised product or service.
We understand how important voice over is in conveying your advertising message and have access to a vast pool of voice over talent to find you the perfect solution.
Voice Over Audiobooks
Recording and narrating audiobooks is one of the popular services at Edge Studio. Our team consists of experienced narrators, engineers, directors, editors, and reviewers. With the help of professional sound production equipment, we create high-quality fiction and nonfiction titles in a creative working environment.
Audiobook narration here also comes with confidence; you’ll be assured of getting a sound that is engaging and pleasant to the ear. And more importantly, will immediately capture the attention of the audiobook reader!
Voice Over IVR
As the first thing customers hear during the call, IVR is the face of the company. A well-written script and a well-voiced telephony helps create the image of a reliable business while seizing the customer’s attention.
What’s more, an IP telephony allows you to distribute a high volume of calls between operators, quickly redirect each caller to the right person, and automate customer support. For achieving the best result, it is better to use a professional voice over for your phone system. Your IP telephony will become an effective communication tool and present your company in its best light.