Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    johntells114
    Participant

Hello. I would appreciate anyone who can give me performance/acting feedback on my horror narration. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Thomas_D
      Participant

Hey Johntells114! What effects are you using here? It sounds like your using a small bit of some sort of octave distortion? Either way I think it’s perfect as it’s not too much or too little.

One thing I would like to hear differently is maybe switching up the tone on some words (similar to how you said “Stop It!”). Reason being is that I wonder if the you can play with tension a little more throughout to keep the horror/suspense there.

johntells114
        Participant

Hey Thomas yea I just did de-clicker/esser and then bass boost equalization. Anyways, thank you so much for your feedback.

JNMullett
    Participant

Hi All,

Another practice read for narration. I recorded on my mac so the tone is a bit hollow. I would love to get any feedback you might have. Thank you in advance!!

Attachments:
      VoicesByJeff
      Participant

Very nice flow. I thought your voice had the right tone and was consistent.

RoxyMel
      Participant

Very engaging voice Jeff! Very expressive, especially towards the end. If I had to dig deep to find constructive feedback, I would say maybe bring some more of that expression in towards the beginning as well. Excellent read.

RoxyMel
    Participant

Appreciate your feedback much, thank you!

Attachments:
    rustylj63
    Participant

Hey Y’all,
    Eight days and counting. Let me hear what you think about these please? Thank you so much!

Attachments:
      Cheechman
      Participant

Would recommend checking which words to hilite in the script.
      I thought some that were hilited should not have been so much and some should have been more.
      Great voice!

Honeyvoice
      Participant

This was an excellent read! You sounded relaxed and very clear. I think you can up the energy and emotion just a little.

slemay
    Participant

Ok, this is my first time doing this so would love to get some feedback. I did it off my phone so its not going to be the best recording. I would love to hear any advice on speed, clarity, etc. THANKS!

Attachments:
      RoxyMel
      Participant

Hi again Slemay. On your second read foe Nike again super good job for a first time for you! I would say for me there is just a little too long of these micro pauses between phases and I feel you could even add just a little more excitement. Such a good job though for being so new to this! Keep it up!

slemay
        Participant

Thanks so much for both of your feedback posts. MUCH appreciated.

RoxyMel
      Participant

Hi Slemay. Great job for your first time!! I would say that it does sound a little to me like you are reading in some parts,also you can probably vary your list more (when listing the attributes of the vehicle). Keep up the good work!

slemay
    Participant

#78110 Elise I thought your energy was really good on the Space camp read and you made me want to visit the location with your enthusiasm.

Declan Waters
    Participant

Howdy! I’m new to voiceover, looking for any and all feedback on these two scripts. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Honeyvoice
      Participant

You have a really nice texture to you voice! I think you can up the energy to make your voice more full and more emotion to compel the listeners. Overall a great read!

RoxyMel
      Participant

Hi again decofcards. On your second read I would say just slow it down just a bit and maybe just a little more expression. Again you have such a soothing voice quality. Keep up the good work!

RoxyMel
      Participant

Great job decofcards! You have a wonderful and smooth voice quality which I really like. I belive you could also vary you list a little on the list of the chevy’s attributes. I would say maybe just a sight more excitement too throughout. Really nice though! Especially considering how new you are to this!

LindsayCampbell
    Participant

Hello friends!
    A few practice scripts for today! All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Attachments:
      Gill
      Participant

Lindsay,
      You have such a pleasant voice that pairs very well with each of these reads. Each read kept me engaged and your pace is great! I liked your variations for advance technology, and how medically versed you were with atrial fib, and how you changed inflections on trex. Cynerio had a few pauses in it that made me feel like I was waiting for the next thing. Overall nice job and good luck on your record session!

slemay
      Participant

Lindsay I thought your pronunciation was great on the Advance Technologies read and you had a warm friendly tone. I am very new at this but felt the connection to the read.

JNMullett
      Participant

Hi Lindsay, Thank you for your very kind comments below, I appreciate the encouragement! I like your reads as well. Your pacing is very good and you have a very calm tone. I would caution you, however, to make sure you finish out certain words. I have the same tendency and my coach has worked with me quite a bit on it. Specifically, don’t drop the “t’s and d’s” at the end of words like important and world. Have fun at your demo record session!!

JNMullett
    Participant

Hi All,

Just finished my Commercial demo – what a blast!! Now it’s on to Narration. I’m posting a couple of practice reads and would love to get your feedback. Thank you in advance for your time!

Attachments:
      slemay
      Participant

I really liked the 4h read. You sounded believable and your voice is very calming but with enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing.

LindsayCampbell
      Participant

Hey Jeff- congrats on your demo! How fun! Mine is coming up too and I am so excited. You and I chose the same practice script today! I like both of your reads tremendously- I thought they were great. I could listen to your voice all day!

Elise Duke
    Participant

Hi everyone! Can you please provide your feedback on these samples? Particularly – did I engage the listener?, how was my overall flow?, and/or how was my speed? Apparently I was in a space mood 🙂 Thank you!

Attachments:
      slemay
      Participant

Elise I thought your energy was really good on the Space camp read and you made me want to visit the location with your enthusiasm.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.