Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    mir19800
    Participant

The pace was good. Good read. I know you are working on your studio, but I heard a lot of popping.

RoxyMel
    Participant

Hi all, I appreciate your feedback! I think this has a small hicup. thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      JoyceVOA
      Participant

Great diction and pace. Add some excitement and awesomeness to your read. This is a fantastic vehicle with great features.

RGK3
    Participant

Hello all:

Sharing a read for feedback. I haven’t started to solve the home studio challenges yet, so not looking for technical feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      Honeyvoice
      Participant

I liked the smoothness of your pacing. It sounded like you were reading the news in the middle, just a bit. Overall a great read!

Gill
      Participant

RGK3
      Your read sounded natural, I thought your pace was good. I do hear some popping with “cap and opener but I noticed your working on your studio so that’s more on the audio side. Other than that it sounds great!

rustylj63
    Participant

Hey Everyone… less than two weeks until Demo Record. Getting a bit nervous. Looking for some feed back.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      Elise Duke
      Participant

Hi Rusty, great job on the reads! I think you can make the first part of the Sample read flow a bit more instead of adding a pause after “partner.” I think the pause after “new family” is perfect!

I also like the overall sound of the Explainer. It’s a bit hard to tell where there should be pauses and/or where it could flow more. Your overall tone sounds great in both. Great job and good luck in your demo!!

Gill
      Participant

Rusty,
      Really nice job with your reads, both sound natural, pace could be alittle faster for the first if needed. Overall diction was clear on both. Good luck on your demo!

Thomas_D
      Participant

Hey Rusty, what I like about both records is that the tone sounds different for both. I think you sounded more natural in the “sample” record over “Explainer”. The pace and diction for both felt pretty good to me as well.

Good luck on your upcoming demo record!!

nicolance
    Participant

Bio Narration – I’ve re-posted this one – I think it is pro quality. Please tell me why you think that is not true (including any tech stuff) – thanks, Lance

Attachments:
      Thomas_D
      Participant

You’re voice definitely has the “bio” feel to it, 100%. I think the ending might be my favorite part, after “troubled soul”.

I agree with Rusty on possibly letting it breath a little more, especially in the middle where you’re listing all of his personas.

Other than that, this sounds great.

rustylj63
      Participant

I really like the read. For me, I think the tempo was just a bit fast, but, that would really be for the director to determine. I did here some minor clicks in a few places, but they were very subtle. I think you nailed it… I just wonder how it would sound if you gave it a little time to breath a bit.

mir19800
    Participant

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Doing my homework.

Attachments:
      rustylj63
      Participant

Hi, I think the thing I want to say the most is that it sounds like your are pronouncing Purina as if it were Purrina. I wanted to be sure so I listened to a commercial and they pronounce it Pure, not Purr. Be careful of that. My coaches have all told me its a quick way to turn people off during interviews.

mir19800
        Participant

Amazing feedback. Thank you.

mir19800
    Participant

Hello everyone, can I please have some feedback love…Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      slemay
      Participant

I am new at this but I would try to make it more of a conversation and drive more of the questioning of what is this place? I hope that makes sense.

Elise Duke
      Participant

I agree with the person below in that it sounds like you’re reading and it’s a bit choppy. I think if you made it sound more conversational, it would be great! I think you could also shorten the pause in between sentences and especially after “on the way over here.” Have some fun exaggerating “Mexico” to make it a bit more playful. Great job!

RGK3
      Participant

Hi, Nice job. You get all the text across niceley. It does sound sometimes like you’re reading, though, and the relationship with the person you’re speaking to doesn’t come through as clearly as it could.

mir19800
        Participant

Thank you for your feedback and I will work on your suggestion.

gikegami
    Participant

Here is my recordings of commercials. This is the first time I recorded using Audacity rather than my phone app. I would appreciate feedback that would focus mainly on my pronunciation and pacing. Thank you.

Attachments:
      slemay
      Participant

I liked the bread read but the last time you say bread it sounded like you were holding your breath. It sounded more natural in the rest of it.

rustylj63
      Participant

Hi, I preferred your read of the bread company. Sesame Street sounded fast, a bit choppy, and at the end you pitched “theme” really high. Your bread company read sound much more professional and had a better tempo in my opinion.

LindsayCampbell
      Participant

Hi! I thought your pacing and pronunciation were good,and I know that’s what you were focused on! There were several points of unnatural glottal stops which can lead to a choppy sound overall, but I think nice work on the pace and pronunciation! 🙂

RoxyMel
    Participant

Dear All, I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Attachments:
      rustylj63
      Participant

I like the energy you had in this read. You handled the list (when to go, what to wear…) very well. You have a lot of what my coach calls micro-pauses when break up the flow of your sentences. I agree with Lindsay that the pause after “this is definitely the place” is a bit exaggerated. It seperates the following list from the sentence it should be connected to. Still though, really good read.

RoxyMel
        Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback Rusty!I really appreciate it!
        I wasn’t sure what to do exactly as in the copy there is literally a period after the word place. Thank you again so much!

LindsayCampbell
      Participant

Great work! I want to go to Alaska! I thought you sounded very believable, knowledgeable, and inviting. Only small critique is the sentence “this is definitely the place.” At first it sounded like a weird pause between “place” and “for downhill.” But when I listened again,I think it was intended to be a statement like “this is definitely the place.” Period. If that’s the case, I think it needs to sound more like an end and a beginning. But that’s just me trying to find something!

RoxyMel
        Participant

Thank you so much Lindsay! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Gill
      Participant

RoxyMel,
      Your diction is on spot and I liked that you considered a slower pace at the beginning for imagery. I always forget that mostly for videos and that you considered speeding up your pace towards mid- to end to get listeners excited for whats to come. You did well varying your lists as well it kept me engaged. Nice Job!

RoxyMel
        Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback Gill! It means a lot!

Wltrcurtis
    Participant

Hi everyone, looking to get feedback on my recording. Really appreciate feedback toward the read, diction, pacing, etc. Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
      Thomas_D
      Participant

Hey! I thought the diction was good as well. The pacing and tone felt more like a documentary narration, but not sure if that’s what you were going for.

rustylj63
      Participant

Hi. I listened to this a couple of times. To me the beginning sounded like you were so focused on enunciating each word that they almost sounded a bit disconnected but then you settled into it and the last two-thirds was pretty good!

LindsayCampbell
      Participant

Hi there! I thought the pacing and diction were good! It was a little sing-songy, especially in the beginning, which can make it sound a little unnatural. But over-all, good job!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.