Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    manchilda
    Participant

I liked this script…BASF Better – At BASF, we don’t make the cooler, we make it cooler. We don’t make the jeans, we make them bluer. We don’t make the toys, we make them tougher. At BASF, we don’t make a lot of the products you buy. We make a lot of the products you buy better. BASF.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    manchilda
    Participant

And, second attempt…nothing like procrastinating.

Attachments:
    manchilda
    Participant

Hi all…first attempt, and I’m still getting the proper equipment together, so this was done with airpods and not a proper mic. But any feedback is appreciated!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by manchilda.
    Attachments:
    RoxyMel
    Participant

Feedback appreciated!
    Thank you!

Attachments:
    ilene.echavarria
    Participant

Hello Edge Friends!

Could you pls. take a listen and provide honest feedback on my 3 commercial reads attached? Appreciate it and thank YOU!

Maybelline Moisture Lipstick:
    New Moisture Lipstick from Maybelline actually boosts the moisture level of lips. All day. So color stays luscious. And if that doesn’t s****e you, the formula is vitamin enriched. So the more you use it, the smoother your lips become. In 36 shades of reds, browns, and pales to l**t after. Maybelline Moisture Lipstick does for your lips what the French did for the kiss.

Popeye’s Chicken:
    Got a cravin’ for Cajun? Come along for some New Orleans style fried chicken, cajun battered fries, and buttermilk biscuits. Love that chicken at Popeye’s.

Sesame Street Playhouse — Mattel:
    It’s Sesame Street in the backyard. All the fun and imagination of Sesame Street is here. A playhouse with things to slide on, and wriggle through, and pretend to talk on, and play with. The outdoors is even more fun when Sesame Street is part of it. Now, there’s a lot of SESAME STREET for everyone’s backyard. It’s fun. Each sold separately…from MATTEL.

Attachments:
      ilene.echavarria
      Participant

@Sylvanie / @Provocaleric / @RoxyMel — Thank you so much for your feedback! Noted on all and agree with your comments. Will take this in consideration for my future reads. Thank you, thank you!

Sylvanie
      Participant

Hi Ilene, Nice job on the reads. My feedback on Maybelline, is to emphasize more on the brand. The pace was a little quick in the beginning and end “New Moisture Lipstick… I I also Agree with Provocaleric on the Popeye in really asking the question in the beginning. Sesame Street was fun. Just right for you! Overall very nice.

Provocaleric
      Participant

Dear Ilene,

You have aa sweet voice and energetic style! In regards to your Maybeline lipstick read, I liked how you said It’s what the French did for the kiss, you could even give it a little more. I would maybe emphasize luscious and lips great words to emphasize for s*x appeal. On your Popeyes chicken read, I loved the energy especially you singing at the end! However, I would really ask the question, “Do you have a craven for Cajun?” you know picture someone your talking too! and your Sesame Street read was right up your alley as far as tone goes. If I had to criticize the read. I would Shorten the word “Here” but keep the tone and volume the same. Try to stay connected with your copy, like your talking to a friend or kids watching tv. You are great and wish you great success! Thank you for letting me give you my two cents worth, feel free to criticize me as well, I’m a few pages back.

RoxyMel
      Participant

Great job Ilene! With the sesame st read, I Love the excitement in you voice! Just the one line that starts with now is not completely clear on the emphasis. I think the meaning of this sentence could be clearer depending on where you put the emphasis. But I love your work! & kids will want this if you hear your voice, I think.

Earthbul
    Participant

Working on my soundbeds and levels. Any and all feedback welcomed.

Attachments:
    Courtney Feiman
    Participant

Hello hello!

I tried posting this earlier, but I don’t think it went through. If there are multiple posts, I apologize. A little homework practice. Thank you for your feedback!

Burt’s Bees:
    A true force of nature…has radiance that glows. Burt’s Bees sensitive skin care. Healthy skin care powered by nature. So you can be a force. Burt’s Bees.

Aruba Travel:
    It is always summer in Aruba. If you are looking for a tropical paradise offering everything from quiet romantic activities to exciting adventures for the whole family, you have found it. Come spend a few days or a few weeks, you’ll be glad you did. If you love the tropics you will love what Aruba offers.

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

Love, love, love your voice. You’ve got a slight gravel in the throat that’s similar to something I have.

bnielsen15
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m returning after an unexpected break in my sessions, but I’m so ready to get back into it. This is my homework for my third session. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Staples:
    Is work really good? Because it kind of looks bad. Good doesn’t make you check your personality at the door. Good wants you to bring it to work. Good is hustling hard. Not because you have to, but because you’re happy to. Start living the good work life. Staples.

Movie Gallery:
    Have you ever noticed what happens when you put in a movie? It’s amazing. You just stick it in, sit back, hit play, and… gone. The rest of the world just disappears… At Movie Gallery, we have thousands of great movies. And every one of them is guaranteed to have that same magical power.

Waterpik:
    If you floss you know what a two-handed tug of war feels like. Which is why we at Waterpik are introducing the Flosser. At a speed of 10,000 gentle strokes per minute, its nylon tip effectively removes plaque above and below the gumline. Making it a fast, easy and more convenient way to keep gums their healthiest, and teeth their cleanest. With no strings attached.

Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments:
      Courtney Feiman
      Participant

These are really lovely reads. Strong pacing and a nice natural sound. I’d say for the Movie Gallery and Waterpik ones give the end more of an ending. It sounded a little open ended. Like there was more going to be said.

Earthbul
    Participant

Any critiques are welcomed and appreciated

Attachments:
      Courtney Feiman
      Participant

Wow! Chills. Love the gravel sound to your voice. Gives such a natural intensity to the words.

RoxyMel
    Participant

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you so much

Attachments:
      ilene.echavarria
      Participant

Hi RoxyMel! This was so beautiful. You have a nice, soothing quality to your voice. My comment on this read would be to make sure you’re not chopping some of your sentences. This is specifically at 00:13 “and a picture of… a cow jumping over…” I would suggest reading it together so it flows better 😉 Other than that, I think this was pretty sweet!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.