Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Earthbul
    Participant

Been a while since I’ve posted. Looking forward to hearing some of the newer folks.
    Any thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      RoxyMel
      Participant

Very nice. Smooth. I like where you put your intonations and the texture of you voice matched well.

ilene.echavarria
    Participant

Hello Edge Friends!

Could you pls. take a listen and provide honest feedback on my 3 commercial reads attached? Appreciate it and thank YOU!

Freshii:
    At Freshii you can customize your entree and be your own culinary master. So what’s in your custom bowl? Tex Mex with black beans and a little salsa fresca? Teriyaki twist with a pop of pineapple? Whatever your fresh idea, get any 2 bowls for just $12.99! Freshii – Eat. Energize! 

Ivory:
    Inside of me lives a little girl who was fierce and bold and completely free. Now I’m the one people depend on. But that little girl…I know she’s still there, because I’ll always be an Ivory girl. That’s Ivory. Still 99.44% pure. Pure clean. Pure beautiful. Pure me. … Forever fresh…classic Ivory clean.

Breyers Ice Cream:
    At Breyers, we’re churning out an amazing new ice cream
. One with double the whoa… double the wow
. New Double Churned from Breyers. 
The richest, creamiest tasting Breyers ice cream ever. 
Amazing

Attachments:
    airbear57
    Participant

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate it if you would give my practice commercial scripts a listen and provide any feedback!

Home Chef: When it comes to making dinner, fill in the blanks with Home Chef. Our oven-ready meal kits are easy to make and even easier to love. Delicious, meet simple. Get 10 free meals when you sign up at homechef.com today

Scribd: With Scribd, you’re never far from endless entertainment and knowledge, even when you’re on the go. The Scribd app gives you access to millions of e-books, audiobooks, podcasts, and more anytime, anywhere. Go to scribd.com and try it free for 30 days.

Thanks so much,
    Arin

Attachments:
      ilene.echavarria
      Participant

Hi Arin! These are lovely and clear reads. On “Home Chef,” try a take a bit more playful and fun. Feel like you played it safe on this one. I think “Scribd” was golden. I can hear this playing on digital radio like Spotify or Pandora. Great job!

iSynge
    Participant

Hello everyone! Got a few recordings I was hoping to get some feedback on before my next coaching session. I’d appreciate the help!

Attachments:
    Provocaleric
    Participant

Dear Forum,

Please let me know what you think about this medical read, thank you all very much!

Phytophotodermatitis is a nonimmunologic phototoxic cutaneous eruption resulting from contact with photosensitizing substances found in plants; furocoumarins (present in limes and other plants) are typically implicated and get activated following exposure to sunlight, especially 320-400 nanometer UVA rays.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Provocaleric.
    Attachments:
    Provocaleric
    Participant

Dear Mir,

You have a clear, sweet tone with good diction. I would only criticize your pacing should pick up and add more flow, plus I think you miss pronounced Marauders. I appreciate you and wish you all the best, keep getting better and take care!

Provocaleric
    Participant

Thank you Chloe, I appreciate it

mir19800
    Participant

Hello Everyone,
    I uploaded this file and would love your feedback. Your words of wisdom and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Attachments:
    Provocaleric
    Participant

Hello fellow friendly voice pals!

I was hoping to borrow your professional ears for a comment or two about this medical read genre I am considering for my demo. I picked a relatively easy word difficulty read to start with. Here is the script.
    Blood Glucose Meters

f you have diabetes, using a blood glucose meter is very important. It helps you keep your blood sugar within a healthy range. They don’t all look like this one, but they all pretty much work the same way. You provide a drop of blood, and the meter tells you what your glucose level is. Don’t get freaked out, it’s just a little pinch, and using the meter is really easy. The first thing to do is to load a test s***p into the meter. That’s a little piece of paper that reacts with your blood.

Attachments:
      chloeblackstone
      Participant

Hi Provocaleric! Your voice is very smooth, clear, and professional! Since this read is all about Blood Glucose Meters, I would make sure to emphasize the words “blood glucose meter” in the first sentence. My other recommendation is to picture someone you are speaking to throughout the copy. Great job, overall. keep it up!

Provocaleric
    Participant

Dear Chloe,
    You have a friendly, clear and pleasant tone! If I had to criticize, I would say maybe you could have a bit more contrast with your tone on keywords and phrasing and maybe just a wee bit faster of a read overall, otherwise your awesome! Please feel free to read my for critique as well, thank you and I wish nothing but the best for you!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.