Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Earthbul
    Participant

Experimenting with pacing and casual delivery.
    Any and all comments welcomed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      manchilda
      Participant

so…you aren’t already the narrator for these programs? I love it, it honestly sounds incredibly natural for you, you have a Mike Rowe-esque quality to your voice, in that you can take it to many different genres and fit in.

Earthbul
    Participant

Any and all comments welcomed and appreciated

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Earthbul.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Earthbul.
    Attachments:
      manchilda
      Participant

Great read, but the music bed overpowered it in spots, and I noticed that more than what you were saying. I had to listen to this one, my dad worked for ConEd for 30 years!

touzet
    Participant

Bass Pro Shops – “Shared Memories”

Attachments:
    RBenesVO
    Participant

Couple different voices. I intent to edit and/or leave alone based on feedback; AEC is more my normal, Cactus is my deeper. Thanks for the time!

Attachments:
      manchilda
      Participant

I love the experimentation! The AEC read sounded more natural for you, it seemed to me, I’d be interested in a slightly faster pace on that one.

RBenesVO
        Participant

Much appreciated!

ilene.echavarria
    Participant

Hey guys, me again!

Could you pls. take a listen and provide honest feedback on my 3 commercial reads attached? Appreciate it and thank YOU for your input and time! I did 2 reads for the first 2 😉

Blue from American Express:

Presenting Blue from American Express.
    The card with NO annual fee and an introductory rate that’s frozen at zero percent.
    CALL 1-800-600-Blue to get yours.
    Blue from American Express.

LEGO:

How do we get girls ready for the world?
    We DON’T.
    Because, HERE’S the TRUTH…
    Girls HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ready.NOW it’s time for the world TO GET READY for THEM.
    GET the world READY for GIRLS.
    LEGO.

Alzheimer’s:

Is it JUST forgetfulness…or Alzheimer’s disease?
    Memory loss … Asking repeated questions … Trouble using words.
    When signs like these begin to affect everyday life, they may not be a part of normal aging.
    They may be signs of Alzheimer’s disease, an incurable, progressive illness that robs patients AND their families of a lifetime of memories.
    Only a doctor can evaluate symptoms such as forgetfulness and diagnose Alzheimer’s disease.
    To learn more, call toll-free today: 1-888-988-9565.

Attachments:
      chennianen
      Participant

I love the way you sound! It’s very warm and cheerful and I can hear the smile in your voice when you read it. I think there could be a bit more pause between certain sentences, as it sounded a little rushed. Especially in the LEGO and Alzheimer’s scripts, some more space between sentences would allow me to absorb the information. But really, I love these readings!

Logan DFD
    Participant

I’d like some feedback on my natural delivery. Thanks!

Earthbound Farm

Here at Earthbound Farm, we don’t use any harmful chemical pesticides.
    All of our organic salads, fruits and vegetables are grown in harmony with nature.
    And while farming organically may cost more, we think you’ll find Earthbound Farm organic produce is an infinitely better value.
    Because with each crisp, delicious bite, you can take comfort in knowing you’re protecting your family’s health.
    Now and for years to come.
    Earthbound Farm.
    Food to live by.

(Click on the second file, the .m4a file. I accidentally put in the Logic Pro X file at first. Sorry.)

Attachments:
      Nimbbl
      Participant

Nimbbl 1 Click checkout solution for a better customer experience. Get the best payment gateway in India, UPI payments, Buy Now Pay Later and more. Visit: https://nimbbl.biz

Attachments:
    Provocaleric
    Participant

Earthbul,

I do not have a website yet, but if you want to connect with me. Maybe look me up on Facebook and we could start there. Eric Heaps. Unless there is another way?

manchilda
    Participant

I liked this script AND my microphone and headset have arrived, no more airpod audio!

I am Anxiety – I’ve been expecting you. Why? Don’t tell me you don’t recognize me? Oh! You still don’t know who I am. Let me try and help you with that. I am the ill ease that you feel when you walk into a crowded room. You know. The hot and cold flushes that confuse you when you are already confused enough. I am the one that raises the whip to your already raising heart. I am the tightening of your chest. The s*********g worries that feel like they might become an avalanche and they can just bury you in an instant. My friend I am the obsessive and the compulsive. I’m the voice. You know the one. Always questioning, questioning, questioning, everything you do, everything you think. And I am every, single staring eye that watches you. So, now that we have become acquainted, what are you going to do about it?
    Tag: 1 in 4 people experience anxiety. And most don’t know about it. You need to know anxiety to be free from it.
    Visit beyondblue.org.au or call 1300 22 4636.

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

I liked your delivery on this one. The pace was very natural. Good job.

HeatherDT
      Participant

Your voice was made for VO. I wish I had your ability to pace at that rate, but for the seriousness of this, I would love to hear it a little slower. Well done.

manchilda
        Participant

Thank you Heather! I usually go too slow, and I thought that if I sped it up and kept accelerating (which I’m not normally comfortable with), it would actually induce the feeling of anxiety that they were trying to convey.

Provocaleric
    Participant

Thank you for your advice, I am struggling with connecting to an image, I have to focus better. I hope your audition went well.

Earthbul
      Participant

You’re not alone in that. That’s still one of the most difficult aspects for me. Audition went horrible for that very reason lol I feel I came at it way too seriously. You have a website ? I’d love to share it with you and get your thouggts. Legally, I can’t post it on a public forum.

Bil-Bo
    Participant

Justin Boots (Pecos Red)
    Hi, I’m Pecos Red for Justin Boots. Ever heard the term: “All Hat and no cattle”? That’s the problem with a lot of boots I know. Sounds weird, but the thing of it is that most boots don’t do the same things your feet do, like expand and contract when you take a step.
    Most boots are rigid, which is why your “dawgs commence to barkin’” and get all swole up, from yer boot-heels a wanderin’.
    At Justin Boots, our technology is a simple idee that comes
    right out of the way your foot works. It’s how we build ever’ boot we make. So’s it expands and flexes the way your foot does when it’s out ridin’ the range, or just boot-scootin’ out at Billy Bob’s. Justin Boots Quality. It’s a DANG good thing! I’m Pecos Red, remindin’ ya: never kick a cow chip on a hot day! Justin Boots. Don’t wear ‘em. Use ‘em!

Attachments:
      Sylvanie
      Participant

This was a fun read! Very cool voice. Awesome job

Bil-Bo
      Participant

Hi Just a character voice. Thanks for listening.

manchilda
      Participant

This was fantastic! I’m with Heather, it’s great if that’s your natural voice, even more impressive if it isn’t.

HeatherDT
      Participant

That was just Wow! I smiled the entire time. No idea if that is your natural accent, but you nailed this. Very well done.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.