Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Lawszvoice
    Participant

Here it goes, my first post on the Feedback Forum. Interested to know if it is authentic. All thoughts and tips welcome.

Me. Myself. My salad. Okay. This is it. This is the salad for me. The Grilled Chicken Caesar at McDonald’s. I am so into all the different kinds of lettuce and the cute little tomatoes. But what really shouts my name is all that warm grilled chicken. I drizzle on the low fat Newman’s Own all natural Balsamic Vinaigrette and I am one happy woman. Want to hear me go on and on about the crispy cobb or bacon ranch salad too?

I’m lovin’ it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      ashleymitchel
      Participant

Your voice is so rich and smoothe! Totally authentic sounding. It felt like you had a salad in front of you.

I loved the way you said, “low fat Newman’s Own all natural.” I just know that the rhythm of those words all strung together would have tripped me up, but you gave all of them their own unique spin.

Great job!

Earthbul
    Participant

A practice audition

Attachments:
      Alexander
      Participant

Spoken very naturally (and convincing!). Nicely done!

Lawszvoice
      Participant

Cudos for making a comic content script conversational. Seriously sarcastic which makes the piece believable. Well played.

RYoung
    Participant

Most commercials have what seems to me as three parts, the question or problem, the turn where there seems to be a change in tone and finally the solution! This can help in sounding realistic in lieu of just reading. Any thoughts are welcome!
    If you lived before our time, who would you be?
    Would you fight your brother for the rights of another? Who would you be?
    Would you find new dreams or create wonders?
    What if you could choose from a 1,000 yesterdays; a 1,000 lives, when the past was today and the new took your breath away.
    Who would you be? What would you feel? How would you live? Who would you love?
    Remembering every generation before us;
    Remembering for generations to come.
    The History Channel. Where the past comes alive.

Attachments:
      ashleymitchel
      Participant

I did not realize there were so many ways to say, “who would you be” but you made them all unique. Loved the tag at the end. You’ve got a great voice!

Lawszvoice
      Participant

Nice poetic like read. I would try shortening the word “be”. I envisioned “bee” and am terribly afraid of them. LOL 🙂

RYoung
        Participant

Thank you I never noticed be to write you should have more down inflection

Earthbul
        Participant

I enjoyed it. It could benefit you to envision what you’re reading. The subject matter is deep and thought provoking, read it as such. You have a great voice. Let it loose 🙂

RYoung
          Participant

That’s about it stop provoking as I get but thanks for the critique

RYoung
          Participant

I meant to say that’s about as thought provoking as I get

ashleymitchel
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m considering using this for my narration demo. Any feedback is appreciated!

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

Ashley, the delivery of your steps was clear and cheerful. It sounded like you were talking to your friend. It made me want to investigate the app. Nice job.

LFlynt
    Participant

hi everyone – hoping for some honest feedback, as I ‘edge’ closer to getting my demo ready (pls. pardon the horrible pun) 🙂

as always, thanks so much!

Renee

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

Really enjoy your voice. The flow and inflections are spot on. Keep practicing this type of read. It’s definitely a good fit for you.

LFlynt
        Participant

thanks so much, Earthbul! please pardon the very late response – I’ve been under the weather and navigating some home…stuff. but, back on my feet now.
        your feedback is very much appreciated :-). my coach has been great in encouraging me to find the right type of content. all goes to plan, I record the demo in about a month, yay!

Lawszvoice
      Participant

Welcoming and informative sound. I believed that you were an authority on the subject matter. Nice read.

LFlynt
        Participant

very kind of you to say, Lawsvoice – truly! my coach will be glad to hear that what I think you’re picking up is my passion for this kind of content. thank you so much for listening and for the feesback, and please forgive my late response. after about 3 weeks of recovering from a flu, along with other life things, I’m finally getting closer to recording the demo.

my best wishes to you 🙂

ashleymitchel
      Participant

Love a horrible pun! Wow, you have such a melodic voice. This flowed very nicely. I loved how when you list things, you say each word in its own unique way.

LFlynt
        Participant

LOL! thanks Ashley – glad the pun didn’t offend, 🙂

thank you SO MUCH, for the feedback on the listing: this was definitely a point my Coach made for me to work on. she’ll be glad to know someone picked up on her notes. I’m so grateful for your time and feedback, and ask your forgiveness in my delay in responding. I’m just getting back to “normal” after some disruptive time…ya know…life.

but, demo should be done by end of May – fingers crossed!

thanks again and my best to you!

SteveVO
    Participant

Trying an audiobook read on the exciting topic of vermicomposting 🙂

Thanks for any feedback,
    Steve

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

Wow, you were able to take a squirmy subject and not make me feel grossed out. I was actually fascinated in the subject matter by your delivery. Cudos.

SteveVO
        Participant

Thanks a lot!

ashleymitchel
      Participant

When you list things, you make each word sound a little different, which is not easy to do with long lists. You sound excited about the topic and it comes off as very natural!

JamesV
    Participant

Hi – I have two files, one with processing and one without any FX. The one with FX has Mouth de-click, some EQ, a gate to reduce breaths and compression. Any feedback would be most welcome. I have tried to make them both about 18 LUFS. James

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

The message seemed to come across stronger with the FX. I am a novice in the editing process, but I could hear the difference. Nice read.

ashleymitchel
      Participant

You have a great way of sounding informative and conversational – not easy to do! I could definitely hear the difference between the two recordings. The one with fx sounded crisper, for sure.

chennianen
    Participant

Got two files here — emotional stuff isn’t my forte but I gave it my best shot!

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

You made me feel genuinely concerned for your friend in the eating disorder piece. I could picture you talking to a mutual friend in the school cafeteria.

ashleymitchel
      Participant

In the ASPCA one, I could definitely hear the pain in the first half, and the hope in the end. It’s subtle and it works.

In Eating Disorder, you really enunciated “early treatment is the key to recovery,” which is probably the most important part, which made me think: if someone only heard that one line, it would be sufficient. So, great job!

touzet
    Participant

Trying out yet another Tractor Supply spot – Not sure what the title was…I’m calling it “Weekends”. In the TV Spot (which this was), an employee standing in front the store had the tag line.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by touzet.
    Attachments:
      ashleymitchel
      Participant

Wow, you have a great voice for this brand! I love the differentiation between the main part and the tag at the end.

michaelflemingvoice
    Participant

I have two sections from my narration demo. 1st is a golf course hole overview. the second is from a museum script. Let me have it! 🙂

Attachments:
      AJS10
      Participant

Sounds really good! In two sentences I felt like the last word was said too fast so it’s almost missed. “Tee shot” (I THINK that’s what you say?) in your first sentence… and when you say “wrestling match”, the word “match” is said super fast. But otherwise, sounds great!

michaelflemingvoice
        Participant

Thank you. Speed is something I’ve always struggled with. I will keep this in mind!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.