Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    chennianen
    Participant

I have three more examples here — the last one was completely for fun. I was looking through the PSA section in the script library and thought I’d take a crack at it! Hope it’s not cringe, haha

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Alexander
      Participant

Really sounds like you got the gist of scripts, really involved. Freshii one was fun, enjoyed that one.

Lawszvoice
      Participant

The PSA make me envision the dry eye character voice. I kept picturing him in your delivery. You took what could have been read super serious to that alter ego sarcastically torturing your mind. Liked the approach, I felt the internal pull. Nice.

Freshii spot I really enjoyed the flirty delivery … a little salsa fresa and …pop of pineapple.

Mike Thomas
      Participant

The PSA spot wasn’t cringy at all! I enjoyed it. I couldn’t tell if the last couple of lines were still supposed to be in character or not. You might be able to do a little more to make that more clear, but overall that was well done.

For the Freshii spot, I liked how playful you were with going over the different customization options. And the first line to the Ford Escape spot does a great job setting the scene. Good stuff.

gmedrano
    Participant

Hello! I’m new around here, but I wanted to ask for feedback on a couple of castings I recently posted for consideration. One is a radio spot for recruitment at a Sheriff’s office, where they were looking a male latino who sounded friendly but with authority. The other one is a narration in neutral Latin American Spanish accent for an NGO’s video without further instructions.

I really look forward to your feedback!

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

Nice blend of friendly and authoritative in your delivery.

Mike Thomas
      Participant

I like these a lot. My first thought when listening to the sheriff’s spot is that it was a touch fast, but after listening to it again I don’t know if that’s right. There might just be certain sections that could benefit from a slower delivery.

I don’t speak Spanish, but I really enjoyed the Recuperacion spot. I found your voice authoritative but also comforting. I didn’t understand a word you said, but I was still pulled in for the entire spot. That has to be a good thing, right?

gmedrano
        Participant

I’ll keep the slower delivery in mind. It is something that I do struggle with as a Spanish speaker and I try to lean on it.

Regarding the Spanish piece: I believe that if the spot kept you in when you don’t speak the language, it is very high praise (insert Nic Cage meme here).

I appreciate the feedback! Thank you!

Lawszvoice
    Participant

Happy Tuesday! I know that you see a food trend in my scripts, LOL! So I thought I would throw in a poetic piece as well. All Feedback and critics are welcome and appreciated.

The House With Nobody in It – Poem by Joyce Kilmer
    Whenever I walk to Suffering, along the Erie track
    I go by a poor old farmhouse, with its shingles broken and black.
    I suppose I’ve passed it a hundred times, but I always stop for a minute
    And look at the house, the tragic house, the house with nobody in it.

Inside everyone is an incredible cook. Someone who can cook an amazing meal any night of the week.
    Farm fresh ingredients… Step by step recipes…delivered to your door for 999 a meal,
    Visit Blue Apron.com/Cook to get your first two meals free.

Attachments:
      Mike Thomas
      Participant

I’m not a huge poetry fan, but I really enjoyed The House With Nobody In It. Your voice fits that style perfectly. The only thing I noticed was that the delivery of “but I always stop for a minute” felt out of place to me. Really well done.

For Blue Apron, the timing of the last line felt off. There was a big enough pause between blueapron.com/cook and “to get your…” that it sounded to me like two different lines rather than one sentence.

I hope that helps!

Lawszvoice
        Participant

Mike. Thank you so much. Your feedback is always so helpful and much appreciated.

Lawszvoice
    Participant

Would like feedback on this commercial for Stop and Shop that I am considering for my demo. The commercial is about “lists” and I find “lists in scripts” a bit tough. So facing my fear. All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

STOP AND SHOP TV COMMERCIAL

We’ve all got one somewhere, scribbled on the back of an envelope, shouted from the kitchen, a note to self.
    But your list is also an invitation, a plan, a promise. Each one is a snapshot of what and who we care about.
    So next time you’re at Stop & Shop. Take a second look at what you’ve written.
    And you’ll see It’s more than just a list.
    Stop and shop feed the moment.

Attachments:
      Mike Thomas
      Participant

Kudos for facing your fears! The list sections were pretty solid. I think some subtle differences for each section helps. One thing I try to do with lists is try and have my delivery match the item in the list. So “scribbled on the back on an envelope” could be delivered a little quicker and haphazardly. “Shouted from the kitchen” with a little more energy. And “a note to self” with a little more care and purpose.

That makes sense in my brain. Hopefully, it makes sense typed out too.

Lawszvoice
        Participant

Mike. Thank you so much! That makes total sense. Appreciate the tips. I am definitely going to re-record this weekend.

mike_levelton
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Working on my narration demo and would love to hear some honest feedback for these.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      Mike Thomas
      Participant

I like these. The City Care spot feels like the first half of a commercial, and you did a great job establishing the problem about back pain. When it ended I felt like I was left hanging without a solution for my back pain!

Your voice and tone for the Lego spot sounded great, but there were some pronunciation and enunciation issues that could have been cleared up in another take or two.

Lawszvoice
      Participant

City Care – Nice clear delivery good pacing

Lego – Wow amazing process on how legos are made. Lots of interesting content. The words “there are” sounded like “there arft”

Jenconnelly20
    Participant

Howdy! Still working on my commercial stuff, feedback would be much appreciated 🙂

Attachments:
      Mike Thomas
      Participant

The Camry spot is great, really well done. And the baby backpack clip sounded a lot like all of the videos my wife and I watched when we were researching products to buy for our daughter.

The Bombas spot has one part in the middle that stood out to me. It seems to me that bombas donating a pair of socks for every one purchased is the point of the ad, but that line felt a little rushed. With “we donate one for every one you buy,” maybe try to emphasize the “you” in that line to try and connect with the listener?

Lawszvoice
      Participant

Baby Backpack – nice enthusiasm, believe you are a young mom whose life just got easier and you want to share the excitement.
      Camary good characterization as the car.
      Bombas like the sensitive tone in your voice.

Andres
    Participant

If anyone’s willing to take a listen and leave any advice, tips and/or notes I’d really appreciate it. These are two of five of the scripts i’m using for my demo, I appreciate those who are nice about notes but i’d rather get honest and productive feedback. Thank you very much!

Attachments:
      chennianen
      Participant

I was super concerned with the beginning of the dictionary reading, only to realize it was a funny exercise for kids, hahaha. The reading was clear and slow enough for children, I think! I also really like the other recording. Both are well read!

Alexander
      Participant

Nice! Both are clear and concise. I like the way you adjusted your tone between the two.

Lawszvoice
      Participant

Dictionary piece. Enjoy how you are a bit animated in telling the story at the beginning (to your students) and then the switch to the instructional teacher tone.

Cornetz University piece. Voice is knowledgeable and friendly. Your pacing makes the instructions easy to understand. Nice natural phrasing

Mike Thomas
    Participant

These are my first two posts here. Any feedback is appreciated!

The Clinic Cares piece is from an Explainer video script that I found online, to help people book appointments online through a website. The Look Labs piece is from a project I was asked to do at work recently. It’s part of a series of explainer videos explaining an NFT project.

Attachments:
      Alexander
      Participant

The pacing for both were great and like Lawszvoice wrote, very clear and concise.

I must know the rest of the goat story, however, the reading was intriguing.

Lawszvoice
      Participant

Nice pacing on the Clinic Cares piece. You were clear and concise.

Look Labs was so funny!! I pictured the entire scenario. Go goat dominance!

ashleymitchel
    Participant

Hello! Here’s a Dunkin’ Donuts onboarding read. I picked up a few munchkins, for authenticities sake 🙂

Any feedback would be lovely, thank you!

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

You really convey the message as if you were having a conversation with a new employee. You can feel that you were honestly smiling and effectively portrayed Dunkin’s core values. Great job.

SteveVO
      Participant

A lot of good stuff in there, particularly the smile in your voice, the conversational style to it, and how easily it seemed to flow. Really nice work.

Mike Thomas
      Participant

I think this is really well done. The last line in particular sounds great, with the entire clip coming across as conversational.

SweetPickles
    Participant

Howdy all, I have some scripts done for homework and would appreciate feedback.

Attachments:
      Lawszvoice
      Participant

In Atlanta Bread, your listing items had their own unique delivery which made the listener tune it. Nice!

The Horror piece was my favorite. The mellow tone at the beginning drew the listener in and then as you characterized the horror words with the character inflections you set the mood of the piece. Cudos!

Personally, I am not a big cereal fan so your enthusiasm was a little over the top for me but I did believe your family loves it. Sweet!

Trendi sounded more like a read. Do you have a fashionista friend that you can share that secret with?

Mike Thomas
      Participant

I really like the About Horror clip. The beginning made me feel like I was listening to an old episode of the Twilight Zone. Well done!

For the Atlanta Bread Company, I think more can be done to help me (the listener) visualize the food and the setting. You did it with “crisp salads”. The way you said “crisp” made me think about biting into a crisp and crunchy salad. If you can do that on the other food items I think it would be a win.

I hope that makes sense!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.