Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Sarania
    Participant

Hello All,
    I did two commercial scripts for homework and I would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      AJS10
      Participant

Both are good! I think you could add a little more “smile” to your read with the Gerber copy. I especially liked the Lego copy, great ending!

Ems412
      Participant

Hello Sarania,

I loved the Lego spot. I really liked the differentiation between the child’s voice and the parent’s. For GErber I did like the subtle “punch” on the word natural as well.

AJS10
    Participant

Hello! Would love some feedback on a couple of scripts I’ve been practicing. Thank you!

Attachments:
      Ems412
      Participant

Hello,

I liked both but for the Mrs. Dash spot the part “instead of reaching…reach” is a bit fast.

Roman Saienni
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Here are a few scripts I’ve been working on this week.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Roman

Attachments:
      michaelflemingvoice
      Participant

Yeah, man. I can dig it. The Starbucks was your best one because it felt the most relatable and comfortable. I could tell you were you. In National, I liked every single time you highlighted “back”, but the whatever was after that felt weak. Don’t shy away from “road warriors”. Hit it just as hard. And watch the enunciation a bit (something I struggle with too). Discover LA felt like it could have had more variation and was maybe too serious. I think because each phrase ended downwards in pitch, it felt more like something was wrong than something exciting that I want to be a part of. Love the voice, though. It feels like commercials are your thing!

DillonP
    Participant

Here are three new samples I just got done. I would really appreciate some impute and if there is to much clicking. And if there is how do I deal with it properly?

Attachments:
      Sarania
      Participant

Hi Dillon,

I really liked your reads for Big-O-Tires and Butterball! Big-O-Tires had great energy and excitement. It would really grab my attention on a radio spot. Butterball felt so warm and inviting. The overall mood of the season was conveyed very well. I didn’t hear any clicking honestly. So I think you did very very.

chennianen
    Participant

Here’s a short political ad!

Script:
    Jobs are leaving the state in record numbers while John Jacobson continues to be an outspoken advocate for outsourcing.
    Keep jobs where they belong – in-state.
    Vote Nadine Ronald for a better economic future!
    Paid for by Nadine Ronald for Governor.

Attachments:
      michaelflemingvoice
      Participant

Howdy! I would love to hear it again without the pause after “numbers”. I felt the change in tone in “John Jacobson” was right on, and I think not pausing will be very effective. And more smile on the “vote Nadine Ronald for a better economic future” while keeping everything else the same. While your voice sounds young, I think you could be very effective if you keep pursuing training in this.

Elise Duke
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’d love to get your feedback on these two samples. Your time and input are much appreciated 🙂 Thank you!

Attachments:
      DillonP
      Participant

The diction was good, and enunciation good, and pacing was fine. But there seems to be a little to much space in between the sentences at the end of them and some clicking and they both sound the same. Overall they were pretty good.

Courtney Feiman
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback and critique!

Blue From American Express:
    We are helping put instruments back in the hands of kids. Why? Studies indicate kids who learn music excel at reading, science and math. But Budget cuts are eliminating music programs. So, join blue from American Express to help put music back in the hands of kids!

Honey Bunches of Oats:
    It’s amazing! I never thought one cereal would make my whole family stay for breakfast. HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS. There’s never been a cereal like it. With big corn flakes and crunchy bunches of oats. Finally … a cereal my whole family loves.

Attachments:
      AJS10
      Participant

Hi Courtney! I agree… great reads! Re: AMEX, it felt a little bit like you lose a bit of energy on the last word of each sentence. Your voice goes down a bit and has a bit of vocal fry. This is a common issue with me and is something I’m working on so I guess that’s why it stuck out to me 🙂 Honey Bunches of Oats was great! I could really hear your smile towards the end!

Elise Duke
      Participant

Hi Courtney! Great reads! I thought the American Express read sounded a bit fast, so maybe try slowing that one down a bit.

I really liked Honey Bunches of Oats! I think you added emphasis on the right words and it made me excited to want to go get some Honey Bunches of Oats cereal 🙂

Courtney Feiman
        Participant

Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback.

Earthbul
    Participant

World War II
    All feedback is welcomed and appreciated

Attachments:
      michaelflemingvoice
      Participant

I have enjoyed everything I’ve seen you post on here. You got it going on. 2 things:
      1) See if you can push through a little more at the end of each phrase. It gets a little too breathy too often.
      2) When I say too often, this sounds like a piece of a much longer narration, so the audience will catch on to that speech pattern of the same rise and fall on each phrase and might turn them off. Really play with variation in the read and truly think about where you are pausing and why.

I’d hire you , though. In a heartbeat.

AJS10
      Participant

Wow, I honestly don’t think I have any critique… that sounded great!! Nice work!

Lawszvoice
    Participant

Touzet. Love your script choices and reads. With your voice and delivery, I clearly envisioned both the wild west cowboy and the outdoors excavating landscaper. Nice job!

Lawszvoice
    Participant

Ilene, nice read on the Disney Cruise. Your enthusiasm made me want to pack my bags and join you. The only critic is that I heard “every” instead of ever.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.