Reply To: Feedback Forum

John Trape
Participant

Hi everyone,

I am attaching three narration recordings, supported by the scripts below, and would very much welcome any and all feedback.

Kind regards,

John

1. Beethoven
Of all the hundreds of symphonies that have been composed, none can rival in popularity or emotional interest the nine great symphonic works that Beethoven wrote. Beethoven took music off the pedestal of formal beauty, where Haydn and Mozart had left it, and immersed it in the whirlpool of life. He roughened it up until it began to do what he expected it to do … to express problems, evoke emotions, move and struggle exuberantly. More people can respond at once to a Beethoven symphony than to any other. Many have written fine symphonies, but Beethoven’s remain in a class by themselves, as invaluable a part of our heritage as are Shakespeare’s plays.

2. 2012 Extinction
The Maya, an ancient South American culture, predicted that time would end
in a violent apocalypse on December 21, 2012. They created an elaborate
astronomical calendar called “The Long Count,” which stops abruptly in
2012. This date, which is also the winter equinox, coincides with an
incredibly rare galactic alignment that happens once every 26,000 years.
What did the Mayans think would happen when their calendar ended? And,
were they joined by other cultures–from different parts of the world and in
different centuries–all pointing to 2012 as a calamitous end time? The Hopi
Indians and Eastern Hindu share similar calendars, which are remarkably
synchronous. One counter-culture mystic even uses an Ancient Chinese
philosophy to unlock the key to a 2012 prophecy. Nostradamus himself
suggests the world is headed toward a coming cataclysm. What can we do to
heed the warning of the Mayan apocalypse?

3. This….is my voice.
There is no music, and there are no sound effects…only the pure, clear sound, recorded for your ears.
I am a voice over artist, a voice actor, a voice talent, and I can convey my message in many ways, in many tones and with many emotions.
I can speak in a very light whisper, to share an intimate message with you. Or my voice can boom deeply, demanding respect from those who are listening. My voice can express sympathy to someone who has just experienced a great loss, or it can reflect the happiness one feels after having accomplished something great!
I sit (or stand) before this tube constructed of metals, of plastics, of wire and of silicon, which listens patiently to me, as if it were alive like a mistress, hour after hour, day after day and night after night. It never judges me, however it is a reflection of me….one which is neither vengeful, nor forgiving.
I am a voice actor…..and this is my voice.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.