Reply To: Feedback Forum

TimDKietzman
Participant

Hey everyone. I have done it again. Here are three narration recordings I did for my homework. Any helpful criticism is appreciated, but I still had a goal to ensure that the scripts didn’t sound too similar in performance. Do I keep you engaged? How is my tone, pitch, and tempo? Anything helps, thank you.

Atrial Fibrillation
The heart is a remarkable organ. It is a muscle that relaxes and contracts, pumping blood carrying oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. The steady rhythm of these contractions is controlled by electrical impulses that travel through the heart, first through the upper chambers, called the atria; and then through the lower chambers, called the ventricles. In order to reach the ventricles, electrical impulses must pass here, at the atrioventricular node. Atrial fibrillation occurs when a storm of electrical impulses spread through the atria in a chaotic and disorganized pattern, causing the atria to begin rapidly contracting. As a result, the ventricles may also begin contracting faster. When the heart is in atrial fibrillation, the body can’t receive the blood and oxygen it needs.

Firefighting
The interior attack is one of the most effective fire ground tactics. But to succeed, it means getting inside the building fast. This frequently means forcing entry. In our first program, we discussed conventional forcible entry; that is forcing entry by using a flathead axe into a structure where access is locked, blocked, or non-existent.

Jerry Seinfeld
The move to New York meant returning to his roots for Seinfeld, who was born April 29, 1954, in Brooklyn and raised in the Long Island town of Massapequa (which he has always joked was an old Indian name meaning “by the mall”). After graduating from Queens College, Seinfeld appeared at New York comedy spots while supporting himself with odd jobs, including selling lightbulbs over the phone and waiting tables at Brew and Burger. As his act grew more polished, he honed the wry observational style that was to become his trademark.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.