Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    RetsofNoraa
    Participant

And here’s the other half of my assignment, which I forgot to attach to my previous post. Oops!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      TeatroMan
      Participant

You have a nice presence and it works for the assignment. It might be on my end but it did sound like some words were meshing together. I’d suggest timing it next time. Other than that it was good

RetsofNoraa
    Participant

Here’s my latest assignment! Going for brighter delivery and more speed control this time around.

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

Your delivery sounds good to me, but I feel like if you slow down the line “running your own business running you ragged,” it’ll sound a bit clearer. Good work overall

Leslie Day
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    This is my first submission. I have a few more to upload. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

Wow. Such a sweet and relaxing voice. Not too many notes to give, but if I were to have one, I’d say maybe take a slight pause before delivering the last line in your Advil commercial.

RetsofNoraa
      Participant

Great start! I love the soothing tone of your voice, and I think you’re finding your niche quite well. For the Advil piece, I had some slight difficulty telling what the first few words were initially; the way you ran them together wound up sounding more like “mussulex” than “muscle aches.” I think this was due to rushing into the next word, since later on you say the same phrase with far better diction. Then again, maybe I’m projecting because that’s something I tend to do often, myself…

samsheeks
    Participant

One more for Nike

Attachments:
      joekett
      Participant

Nice voice, good read, great pace for the topic. A good Mic and a good sound studio, and you’re off to the races. Keep at ot.

samsheeks
    Participant

Two takes for this one… Not sure how much is too much!

Attachments:
      madtrammell
      Participant

You have a great voice and I really like the energy you brought to this read! The only note I would make is that the pace seemed just a tad quick.

samsheeks
    Participant

A couple spots targeted for kids! Tried to create wonder and excitement.

Attachments:
      TeatroMan
      Participant

Great job with both of them! I think you nailed it with trying to add the excitement to the read and it shows! Keep it up!

DillonP
    Participant

I just finished four reads two commercial and two narration. This is about getting annunciation, Emphasis, speech and other things that will be important. Please let give me feedback I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Commercials: A-1 Stanek Sauce and Arby’s
    Narration: AEC Foundation and USO- Make a diffrence.

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Great reads! Enunciation would be one thing to pay more attention to. But very natural!

samsheeks
      Participant

Loved the mood you brought to these! Just make sure you’re dictating the ends of your words – make them more crisp

Silver Wit
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m working on my first round of assignments (part 3). Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
      samsheeks
      Participant

Make sure you are saving and uploading these as audio files (WAV or MP3) to ensure compatibility with all devices and to make access easy!

Silver Wit
        Participant

Ohhh, whoops. I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me

Silver Wit
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m working on my first round of assignments (part2). Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    Silver Wit
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m working on my first round of assignments. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.