Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Cheechman
    Participant

#2 of the required 10.

Arby’s, It’s good mood food!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cheechman
    Participant

Here we go again. Reads for demo class #3…LOL

As always, I’m showing 2 for suggestions or remarks.

I like #2 best, you?

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

I like #2 as well. Noticing when you’re giving more of an intimate read, the connection seems more organic rather than forced. That’s a challenge I find myself with high energy reads.

Cheechman
        Participant

Thanks, My coach is forcing me to get more emotional on these. I have a real hard time with that. LOL

waninick
    Participant

Trying to get into a regular practice routine.
    Ran these scripts last week, and just got around to setting them up for posting.

It’s been a while, so…..

Attachments:
      Cheechman
      Participant

They sounded good, but kind of corny to mw.

Too many different styles sound fake to me.

Hazaro
      Participant

Waninick, these are AMAZING. Your studio sounds top notch! It’s tough to give any feedback as since it’s SO good, I was really trying to listen super close for anything that could be helpful. Turning 100 was so sweet, I got nothing on that one. And loved how you fully played with Cactus Pepper Sauce! I would say to pull back on the accent just a bit so the words don’t get lost but, so fun! And I was totally sold on Flight 89B as well. Your voice is just perfect for that. I would say just to be careful the multisyllable words don’t get too muddy ie” approximately, identification, and the 2nd passenger I think it was? But that’s truly having to nit pick as they were just great. I’m also in love with your cat who’s a doppelganger for my sweet boy who left me this year. My heart just exploded.

waninick
        Participant

Hazaro, Thanks much for the response. Guess I have to pay more attention to the big words…! Thanks for the reminder.

Wani was our cat that we lost many years ago. We have yet to bring ourselves to find another one. He was just the best cat, and I use that image for avatars all the time.

Thanks again..!!

Hazaro
          Participant

I’m sorry for your loss and can absolutely relate. It’s hard to replace “the best”. Not ready to have another one yet. I have an avatar like that as well!

Quickbooks Payroll
    Participant

Look Under QuickBooks’ Hood Now, Don’t Go Nuts Later
    https://qb-solutions.blogspot.com/2022/08/look-under-quickbooks-hood-now-dont-go.html

Hazaro
    Participant

A few more today for feedback. From other comments I saw, realize that I might edit these too tightly as I try to keep it within the time frame of a spot. But really appreciate anyone taking the time to listen and provide input. Thank you!

Attachments:
      Cheechman
      Participant

The second and fourth were my favs.

The other 2 were a little too peppy for me.

But that’s just me.

waninick
      Participant

Hazaro, the last one (Atlanta Bread Company) was awesome..! The others were good, but may be pushing the giddiness just a bit. But that’s a good thing! It means that you can pull it back just a bit and nail it. I think the Suave take was probably next best, but there were a couple of phrases that didn’t quite land right. A good set though. Quite entertaining..!

Kent
    Participant

May I have your attention? May I have your attention? This public announcement script was a choice made to explore the space outside strict narration and commercials (the stuff I’m primarily focused on).

To my ear, it sounds pretty slow, but I’m trying to be deliberate and detached, if not overtly calming.

Working on studio sound and EQ a bit with this one, too. Would appreciate input on depth of sound, tone, and that kinda deal, too.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      Cheechman
      Participant

Yeah, it’s sounds deliberate and slow.

But the overall sound is great

I too am working on my studio..

Hazaro
      Participant

Your ear analysis was pretty spot on here and overall appropriate! The studio quality sounded crisp and clear to me.

Kent
    Participant

How is the emotion coming across? Looking for lighthearted, but wanting to instill a little…power.
    Also, I’m wondering about the studio sound.
    Thank you for your support.

Attachments:
      Cheechman
      Participant

I did this read also…..LOL…mine was way over the top.

Need to hillite more of the dodge stuff.

You have great tone.

Hazaro
      Participant

I’m no expert but listening with headphones, quality sounds good! Felt the lightheartedness and power – could maybe give the word “powerful” even more weight at the end to drive it home (no pun intended :D)

Kent
    Participant

Hello, listeners. Been a couple years since I’ve posted. Hoping to shake off cobwebs/dust/rust.
    I purposely choose medical scripts in an attempt to work on pronunciation and deliberate delivery. Does my tongue sound thick?
    Your input is, as always, appreciated.

Attachments:
    latyesemca
    Participant

Only gone to Six Flags a handful of times and I gotta say; very spot on!

Attachments:
    latyesemca
    Participant

All the makeup commercials that aired after school flashed before my eyes as I read this!

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.