Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Cheechman
    Participant

There REALLY needs to be a search engine for this. Too many pages to go thru.

danielh04
    Participant

Hello! I’ve been getting back into the habit of practicing some reads, here are two for my upcoming coach classes, the feedback is greatly appreciated!
    1) Spotify
    With Spotify, it’s easy to find the right music for every moment – on your phone, your computer, your tablet and more. There are millions of tracks on Spotify. So whether you’re working out, partying or relaxing, the right music is always at your fingertips. Soundtrack your life with Spotify. Subscribe or listen for free.

2) Ziploc
    Only Ziploc brand bags have a unique interlocking zipper to lock in freshness in a way no other bag can. When it comes out this fresh, you know it went in a Ziploc bag. Ziploc. We’ve got a lock on freshness.

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Hazaro
      Participant

Hi Daniel. You have a genuinely natural tone delivery that’s very sweet. I’m not quite sure what’s missing as I’m not an expert. But maybe more of a sharing of information to help the listener rather then telling them which might add more energy or resonance in the delivery? Again – not quite sure what it is but you’re on your way!

SamWaxmanVoice
    Participant

Uploading my first homework assignment here — would appreciate any feedback!

Script: Commonly summarized as “ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny” (on-TA-jeh-nee re-cah-PIT-you-lates fill-AH-jeh-nee), biogenetic law posits that the embryonic stages in the development of an individual (its ontogeny) repeat the evolutionary history of its ancestors (its phylogeny). A corollary of the biogenetic law is the idea that new evolutionary features are typically added at the end of development, with formerly adult, or “terminal” stages gradually being compressed into progressively earlier stages (or sometimes being eliminated outright).

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

WOW. Mega PROPS for word pronunciation! This is certainly in your wheelhouse. If I knew what you were talking about I could have more feedback but the delivery of information was not lost as your pitch and intonation kept me wanting to know. Apologies if that was not helpful, great job!

SteveVO
    Participant

Would welcome feedback on this historical narration:
    One of our greatest Presidents of the past was born at the foot of the Blue Ridge, near Charlottesville, Virginia, in 1743. Thomas Jefferson set the real American standard of living when at only 33, he penned the Declaration of Independence. “I have sworn upon the altar of G*d, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.” Unlike Washington, he was never in battle. He was a civilian hero. Though he could not free the slaves, he tried to, and succeeded as nearly as possible without destroying the new nation by a civil war. Jefferson shoulders his way to a place with Lincoln and Washington on the strength of moral greatness and manifold genius.

Attachments:
      danielh04
      Participant

Hey Steve! I believe you have a perfect voice for these kind of reads, it definitely makes you stand out, although I will say that as a listener, it felt a bit rush with a lot of information to go through, but besides that, I think you did an amazing job especially with the quote!

SteveVO
        Participant

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I can hear where it could sound a bit rushed, and your feedback helps.

Joe Slade
      Participant

Hey Steve, I enjoyed listening to this read! You sound very conversational throughout. I noticed a few micro pauses during your read-through. Smoothing those out should help improve the overall flow. Keep up the great work!

SteveVO
    Participant

Hi, all. Would welcome some feedback on this corporate narration script:

Here at Black Diamond it’s all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers.

What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Black Diamond is a company that’s not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It’s also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.

Attachments:
    JNMullett
    Participant

Hi everyone, I have another narration demo practice read to run by all of you very talented folks. As always, I look forward to your feedback!! Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      danielh04
      Participant

The first few seconds caught my attention due to how your voice sounds like which is great! I think the pacing was good and liked how you took a casual/humoristic approach as well.

SteveVO
      Participant

Jeff, great tone to your voice, and good pacing. The main piece of feedback I’d offer would be to make this more conversational and less like an announcer. I have that tendency myself, and I would encourage you to read it just like you would say it. If you do that, you’ll find you have more natural ups and downs and not manufactured-sounding ones like in this read (I have that tendency, too).

Hazaro
    Participant

A new set for today for feedback. My last set I was pushing the envelope with high energy reads and these are lower key. With the exception of the first plosive in Barkbox which I unfortunately heard when I uploaded it. Thanks in advance for listening and input!

Attachments:
    Cheechman
    Participant

Working hard tonight on the first 5.

Here’s #5.

Attachments:
    Cheechman
    Participant

2 more from the coaching class.

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

You have a great voice. Really liked #2 of this. It had more color and overall felt more of a personal connection!

Hazaro
        Participant

Sorry. Meant the first take of it. It was on the bottom and the 2nd one I listened to.

Cheechman
    Participant

Kind of off the track for what I’m trying to accomplish.

All comments or suggestions please.

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

I like the first take of this one as it felt more natural and present.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.