Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Grace17
    Participant

Hey! I would love some technique/delivery feedback on this. I left the breaths in, so if you have any advice on breathing technique that’ll be great too. Thanks!

madtrammell
    Participant

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great week! I have another practice read for narration that I would love some feedback on, thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      latyesemca
      Participant

You sound like you really believe in the product! I will say that it sounds a bit choppy in places like they were part of different takes and you had put them together since there are strange pauses before or after phrases. The tone was very warm, and the volume was PERFECT. Great job!

RCampos
      Participant

Very nice variety in tone and pitch throughout your read, which keeps the topic interesting. I have just two small critiques: I thought your pause just before “broken in” could be a tiny bit shorter. And, you say a long “a” when you say, “is a good way.” I think it would sound more conversational to use a short “a,” like we usually do in conversation.

Grace17
      Participant

Your audio volume level is great and your voice is perfect for this read! I would say the beginning up until “running mates” needs more flow in the words, it’s a little choppy with pauses that are too long. Try not to overthink what you’re saying and lastly I would recommend trying to let more of your personality out. You had more personality from “This video” onwards but it’ll be great to hear that more through out.

JNMullett
    Participant

Hi All, still working toward my narration demo. Here is another practice read. I would appreciate any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments:
    Donnamichelle444
    Participant

I am impressed with the clarity of your voice – GOOD JOB

Donnamichelle444
    Participant

LikeGlen you’re pretty good with the conversational style. Honestly, it did sound real.

IlikeGlen
      Participant

Thank you so much Donna Michelle
      For taking the time to listen to my recording and giving me such positive feedback thanks again.

IlikeGlen
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I would love to hear your opinion on this recording
    thanks Happy and safe Labor Day

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

Dang, that’s a good read. I could really feel the disbelief at the start and the building confidence. My only real note is that it’s a little quiet.

Hazaro
      Participant

Enjoyed this read, it was really authentic!

VoicesByJeff
    Participant

Hey guys! Another round of practice reads. All feedback welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
      latyesemca
      Participant

The obvious note of treatment but I totally understand. Maybe throw a blanket over you or some pillows around the mic to take away some of the echo? Your tone is very full! I also like the punch you had at the end for the tag. Awesome work!

Silver Wit
      Participant

Aside from the echo, I really liked your read of the Jif peanut butter ad. Really sounded like a dad that wanted the best for his kids.

VoicesByJeff
      Participant

A few more…

Attachments:
    Dominic
    Participant

Hey all, back at it with more reads, looking for more feedback!

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

you have a really strong voice and great diction. But I feel like the energy was a little off for your shark read. It was very enthusiastic, which isn’t a bad thing, but I feel like a lower energy could really convince me I was listening to a documentary.

madtrammell
      Participant

Great work! I enjoyed your Advantech read, good pacing and diction.

cbehrens
    Participant

Hello! I am just getting more practice with commercial scripts; any feedback is welcome.
    Thanks!
    Courtney

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

Great voice, but I feel like your not feeling your Discovery Kids read. I wasn’t really hearing any emotions, it sounded like you were just saying words and not connecting to them.

madtrammell
      Participant

Very well done! Only feedback I have is, you might try adding a bit more energy throughout your Lego read to give it a little more “life”

Nikka Kowidge
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m uploading a couple reads and asking for feedback please!

My home studio is not set up yet so please no production comments.

However, I am working on conversational reading style, glottal stops, and pacing. Any thoughts welcome! Thank you so much for taking the time to listen

Attachments:
      MayeWest
      Participant

Good reads!!!

cammons01
      Participant

Hi Nikka,

Very nice voice! I like both reads. Just a few things
      1) The tone was appropriate for both of them. You added variety throughout the 2nd read very nicely
      2) For the “4-H” read, at the end when you said “4-H grows here”, there were micro-pauses in between the words making it sound ….”robotic” (lol for lack of better words). Maybe if you blend them together, I think it would sound more coversational as you tail off the read

3) For the “running shoes” read, same thing…there were some micropauses as well, but not as noticeable as the “4H” read.

Overall, great job. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.