Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    G Cobb
    Participant

Hello my name is Gary Cobb I am brand new to the VO crowd.The recording I submitted is my first recording using my brand new equipment so take it easy on me,btw I wrote the script myself and thank you for your input.

twstark
    Participant

A couple new reads. I’m getting over Covid, so not my best work. But hey, no better time to test your chops than when you’re in bad shape! 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      MayeWest
      Participant

Great voice to be recently getting over Covid!

cammons01
      Participant

Hey everyone,

A couple of practice reads for an upcoming demo session. Please note that the production quality is not studio quality; home studio is not set up yet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments:
        Hazaro
        Participant

These are good reads cammons01, very natural! The last “Today” on Lowes felt a bit like a shrug but I’m guessing you didn’t mean it that way 😉

cammons01
      Participant

Hey,

These are some nice reads. Doesn’t sound like you were in bad shape to me. I like the pacing and the variety you gave for both reads. Your voice has a nice texture to it. For the AMEX read, I think the last part was cut short for some reason. But overall, great job on both of them

JNMullett
    Participant

Hi All, another practice read for my narration demo. Thank you for the feedback on my previous read, I will definitely incorporate your advice/observations into my practice. Again, thanks in advance for letting me borrow your critical ears!!

Attachments:
      Nikka Kowidge
      Participant

This is a great read. Your voice fits the subject well and you sound very knowledgeable. I think you might consider a bit slower pace during the more medically dense portion of the piece to ensure the listener can keep up as they digest the material.

bnielsen15
    Participant

Hi everyone! These are 3 narration scripts I chose to practice for my next session.

I’ve been having some issues with my editing software in terms of audio levels, so I’m so sorry if these mp3’s are a bit too quiet. I’m working on that but I wanted to get these out for feedback.

My main focus is pacing, I just want to make sure I’m not zooming through these too fast.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Advance Technologies:
    Welcome to advance technology incorporated and to the excitement and challenges of a growing business. As a new employee, your job is important to us.
    Your success is an important factor in the success of this company. This software is designed to offer you accurate information about company policies and procedures, benefit packages, performance reviews, training and education opportunities.

Meditation:
    Make yourself comfortable, sitting upright, with a straight spine. With your eyes closed, look at the point midway between the eyebrows on your forehead. Inhale slowly, counting to eight. Hold the breath for the same eight counts while concentrating your attention at the point between the eyebrows. Now exhale slowly to the same count of eight. Repeat three to six times.

Company Website Greeting:
    Meet Bob. Like 95% of car shoppers, he uses his computer, smartphone and tablet to shop for his next car.A few years ago, you could have reached Bob through traditional means such as Direct mail, TV or radio, and newspaper ads.Today, that simply isn’t enough.
    According to Google – consumers visit 18 websites on average – before stepping into a dealership.

Attachments:
      Nikka Kowidge
      Participant

This is a great read. Your voice fits the subject well and you sound very knowledgeable. I think you might consider a bit slower pace during the more medically dense portion of the piece to ensure the listener can keep up as they digest the material.

Nikka Kowidge
        Participant

Apologies, I posted the wrong feedback on this thread.

I meant to say,
        Great job, very conversational tone on all. The pacing sounds good to me on 1 and 3. I would slow the pace on the meditation a bit.

Cheechman
    Participant

Last one of the third coaching session. Onto #4….WOOOHOOOOO

Attachments:
      madtrammell
      Participant

You have a very good voice for this read! I would say try to vary your performance a bit through the read, to give it a bit more energy

Cheechman
    Participant

This read is actually a poem I wrote right after 9/11.

It’s different than i normally read, but I would like independent opinions of the read and content.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    Cheechman
    Participant

Read 3 of 5

Attachments:
    Cheechman
    Participant

This is read 2 of my second set 0f 5.

Did 3 because at first, I was trying to get kids excited, but 3 is a little more natural voiced

Attachments:
    Cheechman
    Participant

Comments or suggestions?

Attachments:
    Shadiq
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

Working on conversational reads and pace. Any other creative only feedback is welcomed as well.

New here (be gentle)

Thanks for your help!
    DeAndre

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Hi Shadiq! I really liked the flow and build up of the Maryland Lottery piece, nice job with that! The words got clearer as you built up so I would just say to keep the clarity even when being low key as some words got dropped off at the end and I wasn’t sure what was said.
      I liked the intimacy and pacing of Jaguar, just felt like it could have had more power with a stronger connection to the piece so there was no question that YOU are the Jaguar.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.