Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    AJS10
    Participant

Hello! Would love some input on this file — mainly looking for input on the audio quality not so much performance. Right now I’m just focusing on how my voices sounds, background, etc, to see if I need any home studio improvements – if you’re tech-savvy enough to help! Thank you!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Hazaro
      Participant

Hi AJS10, wouldn’t necessarily call myself an expert but listening closely to and the audio sounds really clean to me! Didn’t hear any extraneous noises in the background at all.

gigihernandezdoesit
    Participant

Hello gorgeous people!

Wanted to post a couple takes from practice this week. I’m working in my coaching on varying my sound and tone for different types of commercials, using pace in a way that makes sense for each script. I’m also still working on developing my spanish language scripts! If you speak spanish or have an ear for it, would you take a listen?
    Keep in mind I’m still only recording on my phone and not looking for technical feedback! Thank you!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Really liked your pace and tone for Nike. Purina was a lighter tone in comparison and started well, would have loved to have heard more of it to see how you played it out to make a better assessment. My apologies as I can’t really give feedback on Spanish Allstate but the tone and energy was definitely different!

Carita
    Participant

Would love some feedback on these two recordings.

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

The voice was pretty good though I wish you can slow down a little. If there pauses in the script it will help but otherwise good job

Silver Wit
      Participant

Love your voice, but I feel like you’re rushing through the script. Your celeb read was good, but I’d say slow down a little and give the material a pause every now and then.

raven808
      Participant

You have a wonderfully unique voice! For the celeb one.. perhaps emphasize a different word in the second sentence because “what if” stands out twice in a row.. On a different note, I bet you would sound great on cooking related scripts!

latyesemca
      Participant

For Excedrin, I would say to slow down. The pacing was pretty fast and I jarring. Felt like one big sentence. Plosives weren’t noticeable so that’s a plus!

ShellyMadison
    Participant

Hello again! I really appreciate this forum for the feedback I’ve received so far and learning from simply listening to you all work! Hoping to comment some more soon to try to be a modicum of helpful.

Would love some feedback on these to take into my next coaching session. Much thanks!

Attachments:
      raven808
      Participant

I have to say, I genuinely enjoyed your voice! I loved the Cosmos one! I felt like I was listening to an intellectual engaging college professor in a lecture hall at a small boutique college. I also like the way you added emotions to the words in the the jazz one.

Hazaro
      Participant

I enjoyed both these reads. The enunciation and pace were good and the tone(s) were engaging and felt appropriate for each piece.

ikrani
    Participant

Another order from the boss (meaning my coach). I picked these two out myself to try to practice being a character without obviously affecting my voice. There’s a little vocal effect there in terms of accent in the “I Am Anxiety” read, but I hope it’s subtle yet distinct enough from my “normal” voice reading the tag at the end. I wanted to do an English accent for the former, since it’s all about fantasy, but I felt 1) the accent would be too obvious a vocal change and 2) the artist who designed the product being talked about is an American who primarily illustrated for American products.

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

I like the first one because your voice is telling a story which is pretty accurate so the tone was just fitting for this nice job

Nikka Kowidge
      Participant

Love it! Great reads and vocal range. The anxiety character was excellent, the way you hit the consonants at the end of words and used a staccato for the lists really made me feel the anxiety! I also really appreciated the shift into the “info” voice at the end.

The Franklin mint one was also great. I loved the vocal tone. This read was long and technical, maybe it could benefit from a little more variety in tone or pacing.

latyesemca
      Participant

I really enjoyed I am Anxiety! I would say that the pacing could’ve been a bit slower but I liked the character a lot! It sort of sent my mind into a spiral which was AWESOME! Fantastic read overall.

RCampos
    Participant

Hi All,
    I welcome your feedback on my pace in this VO. Recorded on cell phone, so no need for technical notes. Does this sound conversational? Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts.

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

I like how your voice sounds very mysterious but yet informative and the tone sounds good very nice

RCampos
        Participant

Thanks very much for the helpful feedback!

Hazaro
      Participant

I liked the pacing and enjoyed this read. It felt like the opening of documentary…and somehow the cell phone sounded like the actual distress call you were referring to was playing in the background and only lended to its authenticity! LOL

RCampos
        Participant

Thanks very much for checking out the VO and taking the time to send me some feedback! I actually found an audio clip online of the “Julia” sound and I played that in the background. All the best, R

RBenesVO
    Participant

Good Evening,

Looking for some feedback on a couple samples for an upcoming commercial demo. Inflection, pacing, and if I sound human or more robotic is helpful. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

You’ve got a great voice, but I feel like you could’ve put a bit more emotion behind your Mountain America read. Your voice sounds warm, but I wanted to feel warm, if that makes sense.

Hazaro
      Participant

Good Reads! These are good spot choices for you. Would have loved to have heard a smile from you at the end of Mountain America to just drive it home.

AJS10
      Participant

Hello! Not sure if you’ve already recorded this demo but thought I’d give some feedback! Re: Stihl: Really good read. I think if in the booth the main thing that would come up/be re-done is the way you say “three” in the beginning. It seems to go a little high. Mountain America is another great read… I’d only suggest adding a smile when you’re saying “A smile” in the beginning. I couldn’t really “hear” a smile from you. Overall… awesome job and I think your demo is going to be great… good luck!

RBenesVO
        Participant

Appreciate the input, I’ll work on both! And demo is next month. Thanks again!

Silver Wit
    Participant

Hello all! I have some recordings for my second commercial assignment that I’d love some feedback on. (part 3)

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

The Tire spot sounded the best overall in tone, pacing and clarity. Very natural! (I think the disclaimer gets sped up if needed in post, though you can clearly do fast! LOL)
      Really liked your tones for Crayola and Beringer. I would say just to be careful as some words sounded rushed rather than inflected, and then got lost. Tennessee Whiskey felt a bit disconnected – it’s anthem writing style not the most conversational to begin with. Maybe you can try responding to someone asking the question “But where are you born from?” to see if that might help the flow of it.

Silver Wit
    Participant

Hello all! I have some recordings for my second commercial assignment that I’d love some feedback on. (Part 2)

Attachments:
    Silver Wit
    Participant

Hello all! I have some recordings for my second commercial assignment that I’d love some feedback on.

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.