Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Cheechman
    Participant

A different read from a different McDonalds post.

All comments are welcome

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cheechman
    Participant

Some reads from McDonalds posts online.

I liked 3 the best.

Attachments:
    Logan DFD
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m looking for some feedback on natural delivery and whether I have enough variety in pitch. Thanks for listening!

A1 Steak Sauce

With steak, you want to make every bite count.
    That’s why we use A-1 Steak Sauce.
    A-1 brings out every single bite of steak, or even hamburger.
    Mmmmm, delicious.
    For me, there’s only one steak sauce, A-1.
    Because A-1 has all the taste that makes every bite count.

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

Hi Logan I felt like take 2 had a little bit more excitement

Hazaro
      Participant

Hi Logan, I felt like the 2nd take had the most variety in pitch.

Cheechman
    Participant

This an actual audition script read.

I’m torn between the 2nd and 3rd read.

What do you think?

This is the description:
    This client helps the NHS, education and so on. It requires a confident, caring and mature voiceover. 60-second voiceover, 140 words. Guide track and film will be made available to shortlisted candidates.

Script to read: Notes: confident, calm, clear and proud.
    We’re the goodies!
    “We believe that good public services are the key to a stronger society.
    We are The PSC, and we exist to make public services brilliant.”

Attachments:
      madtrammell
      Participant

I think the third take is great!

Hazaro
      Participant

I liked the 3rd take best but think you could slow it down a hair and give the words a bit more weight. 😉

darleneharris
    Participant

Hi Everyone! Would love some feedback on the attached narration practice scripts in preparation for my next coaching session! Thank you!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Great job on these! One tiny thing I would say (something I’ve done myself) is not to break up a word into syllables for the sake of clarity. It was only once in the first Brit-tain. Your clarity is already there and these both sounded great IMO!

Thomas_D
    Participant

Here’s a few more reads from my narration session. Any and all feedback is welcomed (thanks in advance)

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

Hi Thomas the telsa was take was good,I think it should slowed down just a little bit but other wise it’s good

LindsayLaVelle
      Participant

Hey Thomas, I liked your Telsa read. I think you could take your time a bit more because, as someone unfamiliar with the script, I wanted to really hear all the details. Well done!

djmetzner
    Participant

Posting my first practice read! This is a documentary narration. Open to any reactions or suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

Hi djmetzner I liked how your voice was very consistent and how mysterious it was when reading the script it sounds good.

Thomas_D
      Participant

Hi djmetzner! Liked how even you kept the pitch and tone throughout the recording. I feel like it’s hard not to change pitch/tone when doing a documentary read, but thought you did a great job here.

verderbert90
    Participant

Hey all, would appreciate some feedback on the attached. These are from the studio library – I’ve been trying to focus in on narration.

Thank you!

Attachments:
      Thomas_D
      Participant

Hey verderbert90! Off the bat, the “advanced technologies” read sounded very natural, and your tone was great as well. I see where you were going for the wiseman narrations. For those, I’m wondering if you can even play more with pitch/tone.

G Cobb
    Participant

hello everyone,looking for feedback.

Attachments:
      madtrammell
      Participant

Great diction and pacing on both reads!

Silver Wit
      Participant

Great voice, and great Nike read. I feel that you could pick up the pace a little in the first half of your newmans read, because the second half of that is spot on.

G Cobb
        Participant

Thank you very much, I actually wrote the Newman add and at first my pace was much quicker, I cut 8 seconds from the original so I need to find my happy pace,I have had just 2 lessons and I am learning my recording equipment.🙂

bnielsen15
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here’s some homework from my latest Narration session. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much!

Legacy Telephony: Welcome to Legacy Group Enterprises. If you know the extension of the person you wish to reach, you may enter it at any time. You may also use the dial by name directory by pressing 9. If you are calling during normal business hours and require immediate assistance, please press zero.

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

Hi your voice sounds so professional and it was very clean and it sounds very friendly

LindsayLaVelle
      Participant

You managed to make telephony interesting! This comes across as friendly and upbeat. Nice!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.