Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Logan DFD
    Participant

I’m working on my natural delivery. Do these reads sound ‘fake’? Do they have a good pitch variation? Thanks!

RiseWell Toothpaste

How do you get clean?

At RiseWell we believe oral hygiene should be natural and safe, without nasty toxins.

Our natural mineral flavours will have you feeling fresh all day.

Your teeth will not only feel healthier but also look visibly whiter.

RiseWell mineral toothpaste – as effective as a chemical clean, without nasty toxins.

Time for a mineral clean, time to RiseWell.

Balducci’s

Can your food market pass a simple taste test?
    At Balducci’s, we put taste first.
    This spring, we’re loading up our stores with fresh and chef-crafted foods that are simply bursting with flavor.
    Like majestic orange wild king salmon, flown in daily.
    And specialties like champagne ham, slow-smoked over hickory chips and glazed with pineapple juice and brown sugar.
    Now there’s a store that puts taste first.
    Balducci’s. The food lover’s market.

A1 Steak Sauce

With steak, you want to make every bite count.
    That’s why we use A-1 Steak Sauce.
    A-1 brings out every single bite of steak, or even hamburger.
    Mmmmm, delicious.
    For me, there’s only one steak sauce, A-1.
    Because A-1 has all the taste that makes every bite count.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      jliebert
      Participant

Balducci’s: Delivery feels a little “choppy”, which makes it sound unnatural, like it is being read (which it is, but it’s our job to convince the audience otherwise). Try not to hit words so hard and pointed (e.g., taste first). Some great advice I got from my coach, try to imagine the specific person you are talking to, where you are, and why you are saying this. e.g., perhaps you bumped into one of your neighbors, and you’re so excited about the place you work, Balducci’s, you just need to tell her about the great tasting food they make.

I felt similarly about the other reads you did, but didn’t dig as deeply.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

atperry
    Participant

hey Edge community. Any feedback would be appreciated

Attachments:
    jwhiddon
    Participant

Feel free to critique the read, but mostly looking for feedback on the sound quality. Something to me just isn’t sounding right, not quite sure what it is though. This is with a slight noise reduction added and normalized to -3db. Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments:
    smarlowe
    Participant

Hello, Looking for any and all constructive feedback on these two commercial samples. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Cheechman
      Participant

Kind of monotone. More emotion would help, otherwise very clear and understandable

slemay
      Participant

Thanks so much I slowed it down and like it better! 🙂

Also, I really liked your Revlon read. The AMEX one was good as well I just felt like you needed to vary the read a bit. The end sounded more natural.

Kent
    Participant

Easy enough to critique, let’s try putting one out there. There is literal hammering and drilling going on just the other side of my studio wall. Recording between that made things more exciting. Better editing practice, too.

I’m hung up on “our time.” It doesn’t sound quite the way I’d say it conversationally, but “ow-er” sounds a little stilted. How would you do it?

History Channel
    If you lived before our time, who would you be?
    Would you fight your brother for the rights of another? Who would you be?
    Would you find new dreams or create wonders?
    What if you could choose from a 1,000 yesterdays; a 1,000 lives, when the past was today and the new took your breath away.
    Who would you be? What would you feel? How would you live? Who would you love?

Attachments:
      G Cobb
      Participant

this is a nice red,the pace tone changes and diction are very nicegood luck.

Logan DFD
      Participant

I agree with Slemay on varying the pitch on repeated phrases like ‘who would you be’. Also, the phrase ‘how would you live’ was spoken with an emphasis that didn’t quite have the right tone to it. Otherwise, the overall tone of the read was delivered nicely, and your voice compliments it well! Keep it up!

slemay
      Participant

My coach gave me direction to vary the way I say repeating words so on your “who would you be’ maybe try to make it a bit different each time?

smarlowe
        Participant

It’s a really nice read with a very pleasant voice. I’d personally like to hear a bit more “energy” in the read. It’s a little flat. Nothing too crazy, just a little more.

slemay
    Participant

Ok, still rusty but would love any feedback. Again, doing this on my phone so don’t need technical advice. THANKS!!!

Attachments:
    slemay
    Participant

Ok, I am still a little rusty but curious to see how this sounds to anyone that wants to comment. Just a quick recording on my phone so no technical feedback necessary. THANKS!!!

Attachments:
      smarlowe
      Participant

I listened to the Align and Chevy ones. I really like that raspy quality you have to your voice! I liked the Align read, but felt the Chevy read could just be a tad bit faster. Good job overall.

slemay
        Participant

Thanks so much I slowed it down and like it better! 🙂

Kent
      Participant

Good attitude. You can feel it. If you look at it as a graph – like when something is played back – and you see jumps with heightened volume, replace volume with emphasis. Listen to it. There are early jumps, but it flattens a bit for a while.

slemay
        Participant

Great thanks so much and I will listen back!

samsheeks
    Participant

And the last few. Working with a new interface so trying to get the levels dialed in!

Attachments:
      raven808
      Participant

Great pacing and enunciation ! You were very good at keeping your energy up the whole way through! I especially liked the car one!

slemay
      Participant

I think these all sounded great but for some reason Suave was my favorite. Great job!

samsheeks
    Participant

A few more for feedback!

Attachments:
      atperry
      Participant

LOved the read , voice. Expressive in the right places. Maybe a little more, different energy at the end .Director”s choice. Put a smile on my face. Studio sounds great . Keep keepin on

slemay
      Participant

I loved the Connecticut lottery read especially in the beginning because I really believed you won with the fun I heard in your voice if that makes sense. 🙂

samsheeks
    Participant

Any feedback on my “natural” delivery would be great 🙂

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.