Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Madhatr673110
    Participant

This is a second pass at coaching homework. The focus here was on more natural reads with less theatricality. As always, I appreciate your input.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Hazaro
      Participant

You have a great voice. It’s very clear and sounds very versatile from corporate to characters. These sounded natural to me but could have been slowed down a bit. Clocked in at 11 and 22 seconds, so for both you would have a bit more time if it was a 15 and a 30. Unsure it was rushed to sound that way or edited too tightly.

solin232
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m submitting something for ongoing training and would appreciate any feedback, thanks

Passif 2 Speakers

I fell in love with the sound of the Passif 2 the moment I heard it. The music I heard through those speakers defined my life. Sharing the same, incredibly natural sound with my son 50 years later, is nothing less than special.

Attachments:
    Jaljr
    Participant

Evenin, friends –

Here are a couple of reads for an upcoming narration coaching session – both lightly edited.
    Would be grateful for your comments.

Be well…

JAL

Attachments:
    Lauren Ingro
    Participant

I would really appreciate any feedback on audio quality or VO in any way. This is a narration sample. Thanks very much for any feedback.

Dominic
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Looking for some feedback on another round of reads, thanks!

Attachments:
      Jaljr
      Participant

Hey, Dominic-
      Both great reads!
      On Badger, may consider reading as if you are actually watching the badgers. Make the grassland and prairies sound as large as they really are.
      Clarins is the better of the two in my ears. Good tone…conversational yet authoritative.

Nice job!

Lauren Ingro
    Participant

Hello all,

I am hoping someone would be kind enough to provide me a listen to my demo sample for narration? I think I have put together my first acceptable sounding demo sample but I would love some feedback before I continue on. Thank you in advance for taking time out of your day to read this. Good luck in your own voice over endeavors.

Attachments:
      ShellyMadison
      Participant

Love the tamber of your voice. Sorry no one responded to this (was trying to scroll backwards to look for uncommented submissions). This read is effective but I’d love to hear a second option leaning more towards playfulness and excitement. This read I can envision over a very laid back scene of beach lounging, and I think the words could also fit over images of water sports, dancing, hibachi flames and other higher octane all-inclusive resort offerings. Great work!

AlexS
    Participant

Hello, fellow Voice Actors! Thank you in advance for your both your creative and technical feedback to these two commercial reads. Are they convincingly conversational? Is the diction Ok, and are the pacing and flow effective and reflective of the scripts? Any technical comments on the audio quality welcome too. I sincerely appreciate your critiques and direction. Thank you! Best, Alex

Attachments:
      becksflatt
      Participant

I think the diction and pacing are great on both of these! The only thing that jumped out at me is that the first one could be a little bit louder. Great job!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by becksflatt.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by becksflatt.
        AlexS
        Participant

Thanks for the feedback, Becksflatt!

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, Marioh5, overall, your tone is nice. Regarding the motivation meditation, imagine you’re speaking directly to/engaging with the person and less like like you’re reading to them. In terms of the public service read, sounded fine until the last few seconds where it sounded as though you were reading.

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, Everyone! I’m submitting a couple of practice reads for a homework assignment where I’m working on pace. I’d definitely appreciate feedback on that aspect. Thanks so much for your time!

Attachments:
      ShellyMadison
      Participant

Your voice is lovely for advertising. Bright and expressive while also having a smooth quality. My recommendation is to take these scripts and play with accentuating different words to see if you can vary up the read. For example, with the BMW ad, your emphasis on the word “new” makes it sound like the comparison is between old and new versions of that car, but the read is actually comparing other cars “arrived” to the BMW’s “sooner” arrival. Listing to both ads, I think you definitely have the range to play around and get a variety of takes for each one to market yourself with.

Jefftuttle
    Participant

Hello, I have 2 recordings that I would love some feedback. Thanks for the help!

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.