Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    edixon310
    Participant

Hi guys, I’ve been trying to perfect this poetry read from Edgar A Poe’s The Raven.
    Let me know what you think.

I appreciate the feedback.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Hazaro
      Participant

As poetry/storytelling is subjective, everyone will have their own opinion. Your voice is great and IMO, I loved what you brought to this.Nice! Technically, all I noticed was the word “weak” in the beginning was lost and it dropped off.

jwhiddon
    Participant

Feel free to critique the read, but mostly looking for feedback on the sound quality. This is with a slight noise reduction added and normalized to -3db. Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Not an expert in sound quality by any means, but it sounded good in the beginning then towards the end started to hear what sounded like an a/c or fan?

smarlowe
    Participant

Hello,
    I have my last coaching session tonight and I just wanted a little feedback on my reads. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Loved what you brought to these reads. The sound is a bit echoey (is that even a word?), but your read is authentic and true. Great work!

SuperLuke
      Participant

Mailboxes etc: Your voice is great! The only thing I would do is compare this recording to how it sounds in a raw format. I could hear some Compression or editing in your voiceover file that made it sound a little bit like AI.
      Special-K: It sounds like a cold read. Remember to breathe when necessary to give the copy of the read more enthusiasm so that the product sounds desirable.

Of course, if it was only meant to be a cold read, then that’s okay too.

madtrammell
        Participant

You have a very nice voice for commercials! Sounds like you’re ready to take the next step!

Nekole
    Participant

Hello,

I would love if you can please take a listen to the recording of my homework and provide some feedback thank you.

Thank you so much!

Nekole

Attachments:
      smarlowe
      Participant

sounds great, really energetic and friendly 🙂

MayeWest
      Participant

Sounds good!!! I can hear you smiling in your recording:)

Andres
    Participant

This is an audition of mine, just looking for any feedback. “Lively, animated voice for toy video. Think Monster Jam announcer type of voice. Have fun with it!”

Roll it backwards or forwards to make the wheels light up!
    Take on the toughest terrain
    They look just like your favorite transformers
    And they smash like them too!

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

Aside from the copy getting cut off at the end I really thought your commercial read was awesome. loved the energy and the voice. Made me want to buy the product!

smarlowe
      Participant

It cut off at the end but I thought you really captured the tone you were going for. Very ‘truck rally’ 🙂

Andres
        Participant

Thank you so very much for the feedback, it is appreciated!

Cheechman
    Participant

For this role, the voiceover will act as a guide to the viewer who is going on scenario-based training

Script to read:

An apartment block could serve perfectly as temporary shelter for the community.
    It is located near town, where there are jobs, a market, and a school.
    But you need to find out more… There are three actions you can take to investigate the property.
    But remember: each action will take a full day to complete.
    The choice is up to you.

Attachments:
    Cheechman
    Participant

Production is working on a training video which requires a voiceover in the style of a newsreader

Script to read:
    The outbreak of war has resulted in thousands of families fleeing their homes.
    The UN has deployed peacekeepers in the area, but over 300,000 men, women, and children remain displaced.
    A group of 800 households, with nowhere to go, is stranded in a flood-prone field near a town.
    With the rainy season fast approaching, these families need a safer place to stay.
    As Head of Emergency Response for the area, it’s up to you to find a more suitable solution.

Attachments:
      ShellyMadison
      Participant

You have a great gravitas to your voice that suits this kind of read. I did notice you have very bright vowels (midwesterner? I noticed it especially in your short “a” sound like in the word “stranded” and “fast”), so as an exercise, I’d suggest seeing if you can take regionalism out of your voice. I think this read is very effective, but having control of that might give you some more options.

Cheechman
        Participant

Thanks, it is appreciated

Cheechman
    Participant

This an actual audition read for Mandy’s

This is the 1 and only take…I think I nailed it, opinions?

Description is below

Casting for a either British or American English speaking male voiceover artist. The video is a corporate video related to the content of technology and information, including some data, numbers and general description of the internet and technology industry. Your voice needs to be confident, professional, a bit formal, informative and warm.

Script to read:
    With a population of nearly 700 million and an average age of just 30, Southeast Asia is embracing the rapid surge of the game industry by virtue of the rapid popularity of the Internet and a large population of young people.
    By 2021, the number of online game players reached to 250 million in Southeast Asia.
    The compound annual growth rate is expected to be 8.5% from 2022 to 2027.

Attachments:
    jmacdotorg
    Participant

Hello friends,

Find attached my third Edge homework assignment, shared for your enjoyment and critique. This time, I chose from Edge’s narration-scripts library an excerpt from “A Brief History of Time”, and a bit from a online tour of the Tennessee Valley Authority’s nuclear power facilities.

I would sincerely appreciate all feedback. Thank you very much for your time and attention!

Attachments:
      madtrammell
      Participant

Great work! Regarding your TVA read, I would suggest slowing down the read just a bit to avoid sounding rushed

twstark
    Participant

A couple quick new records of commercial spots. My first time trying to record late at night. My voice is extra gravely. Maybe I can leverage that somewhere!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Wish I had something more helpful to say but these both sounded great to me!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.