Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Thomas_D
    Participant

Hi All,

Here are two more practice reads. My attempt here was to try and sound more natural without sounding like I’m reading from the script. Any and all feedback is welcomed, as always.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Tates-VO
      Participant

I feel like the ready player does more natural while other sounds it’s being rushed a little

jadethevo
      Participant

Hi Thomas,

The Ready Player One recording feels a bit more natural to me. For Wise Man and Hope, I think it would beneficial for you to enunciate just a little bit more, and think of a friend as you speak.

TheVoiceTalentSL
    Participant

Hey, can I have some feedback on this dialogue style voiceover? Feedback most appreciated. In terms o fdelivery, voice modulation, and overall quality?

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Your delivery was great, maybe just differentiating the voices a bit more so it’s clear when it’s a different character. There was some background noise affecting the sound quality overall though.

heimowit33
    Participant

Aside from technical issues. Can you please provide some feedback on my read? I am beginning to work on my commercial demo.

Attachments:
    ShellyMadison
    Participant

Trying for variety in my audience and tone. Will take and appreciate any feedback but specifically focused on providing multiple takes on the same script. TIA!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Sounded a little unsure in the second one, but then you bounced back. Felt the difference between the two and both appropriate for the spot.

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, Unity-

The overall read was good. Two things.. your words seemed to run together at “your” and “child”….sounded like “chore child.” Also sounded like you were “reading” towards the end (“Brought to you by Autism Speaks…..”).

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, Everyone-

I would appreciate some feedback (no technical/production related comments) for these two homework recordings, especially around overall flow. Thanks for your time!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

You have such a clear, sweet and trustworthy voice. It flowed quite nicely as well. There were a couple of pauses in PNC that could maybe be tightened up a bit but a minor tweak that didn’t take away from the read IMO.

MayeWest
    Participant

Hello! Looking for positive feedback.

Thank you!!

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

Raiders one I feel it was very nice and but it sounds quiet but it’s good

Steve Z-A
    Participant

Hi Folks- This is my first time posting recordings and I look forward to working with you all. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have. I am working in the narration genre and with these pieces I am wondering about my pace, and also the “conversational” vs “narrative” dilemma with my presentation. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Good job with these zakon. The difference in tone for both was palpable and appropriate. As well as your clarity and pacing.

Tates-VO
      Participant

The earth one sounds clean like a documentary would sound like. Nice

Cheechman
    Participant

Heer is another audition from Mandy’s. Script is below.
    It’s a grandpa telling a story to kids.

Script to read: (Speaking to children in a gentle tone, telling a story).
    ‘Well, he had been in this place for such a long time he’d forgotten how it felt to do anything else.
    I think he was scared to move. Scared of what might happen if he did.
    ‘ ‘I will come back tomorrow with another bowl of soup for you, a bit bigger than this one and even more magical!’
    ‘It’s all I could do.
    The sad little fella had to make the choice for himself whether or not to move from the place he had been sitting for so long.
    It was something that needed to change inside him and I knew it would take a little time so it was best to leave him be.’

Attachments:
    RCampos
    Participant

Hi there Voice Over Artists!
    I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this VO. I don’t have a pro setup yet, so not looking for technical notes, but welcome any and all thoughts. In particular I’m working on my pace and conversational delivery. Thank you!

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

I like the take, it sounds it’s very monotone it’s just need a bit more excitement.

RCampos
        Participant

Thanks very much for the feedback. I’ll work on bringing a little more excitement.

Nikka Kowidge
      Participant

Hello! I love this read. You totally made me want to visit Costa Rica again! Your pacing is great and definitely includes a conversational feel. I really liked how you hit the words Costa Rica in the middle of the reading. I have two suggestions: first, consider differentiating each of the items on the list. Using slightly distinct intonation you can highlight each last item.
      Also, and this is personal preference, the part about no artificial ingredients sounds like a bit of lighthearted ribbing to me. I think it could stand a little bit more of a joke sound in your voice. I love your sound and tone overall.

RCampos
        Participant

Really appreciate the feedback, Nikka – thank you!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.