Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Tates-VO
    Participant

These are the last two let me know what you think?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Gill
      Participant

Nice read on Jack the Ripper, very engaging and kept my attention also your flow is good
      Be careful with over exaggerating your words.

Financial Advise-The pace is slow and should be a little faster, your pausing frequently causes the read to be choppy try reading this script the way you did at the beginning of Jack the Ripper. Also, be aware of glottal stops as you had quite a few in this read, be mindful also of Ta which should be Too.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Gill. Reason: Disregard this post as it is in the wrong reply
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Gill. Reason: Disregard this post as it is in the wrong reply
    Tates-VO
    Participant

Here more recordings let me know what you think

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Hi Tates. I like how you chose a tone with each one and the first 2 were relatively easy to follow but be mindful of keeping the pace and not speeding up too much.
      The meditation was clearer throughout – rushing just a bit at the end. Felt you could have been more relaxed with it if the listener is to do the same. Really liked your energy in the Doc on Jazz but the pacing got too fast as you rushed words in the beginning and towards the end of sentences that got lost.

Tates-VO
    Participant

Here is my recording I would like to here some feedback

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Overall on these I would say to be mindful of your pacing and diction. It sounds like you’re rushing through the text and words get swallowed and lost.

madtrammell
    Participant

Hello everyone, hope you are having a great start to the week! I have another narration practice read that I would very much appreciate any feedback on. Thank you in advance and Happy Halloween!

Attachments:
      Pamela B
      Participant

Great read! You pulled me in from the first word, and. I wanted to hear the rest of the story.

Ksmack
      Participant

Great voice. Alot of personality to the read.

Silver Wit
      Participant

Your voice has certainly drawn me in. I was thinking, “Yes, what about Amelia Earhart? Do go on.” So kudos there.

Tates-VO
      Participant

It sounds so good nice pace

MayeWest
    Participant

Looking for positive feedback!!

Happy Halloween!!

Attachments:
    MayeWest
    Participant

Happy Halloween!! Would appreciate some positive feedback!

Attachments:
      Silver Wit
      Participant

This is really nice. You have a great voice for putting someone at ease.

Tates-VO
      Participant

That’s sounds nice just a little staticky but it’s good

Ksmack
    Participant

Happy Halloween all.I have attached a few more demos for my last class before my demo prep. I have been concentrating on my audio processing chain such as graphic EQ and compression, normalization. Feel free to listen and Critique. Thank you so much for your feedback last time. Thanks.

Attachments:
    marioh5
    Participant

Happy Halloween all! I am close to recording my demo and I would be grateful for any and all feedback for the attached recordings, I hope y’all are having a great day and thanks for the help!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by marioh5.
    Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

Nice job on these marioh5. I don’t know if it’s where or what you’re recording with that sounds like you’re really projecting though- which wouldn’t be necessary. You’re clear and intentional with your reads and it kept me engaged.

Em0712
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    Please give feedback!xox

Attachments:
      Tates-VO
      Participant

I like the pace it’s just need a bit more excitement

ShellyMadison
    Participant

Another exercise in varying my reads. Thank you everyone for your talent!

Attachments:
      Hazaro
      Participant

I thought both of these were good and appropriate ShellyMadison, great job!

Tates-VO
      Participant

Very nice and I love calmness of your voice with this piece

Thomas_D
      Participant

Hey ShellyMadison! Loved the Rome2 read! I was about to comment on Rome1 and then heard the second take and thought “yup! That’s the one”.

Great read

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.