Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    DanielButtrey
    Participant

Working on a narration homework assignment, I posted one about a week ago but since then I got a new DAW (free trial version) and I’ve been playing around with it. Here’s a Superman narration I’ve been working on today.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      SteveVO
      Participant

Daniel, this is excellent. The only critique I have is at :08, where you say “long.” It sounded a little like “log” and like you could have hung on to the “n” in “long” just a bit longer and made the “g” a little softer. Other than that, it was awesome.
      Steve

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by SteveVO.
        DanielButtrey
        Participant

Thanks Steve! Now that I listen back to it I definitely hear that, I’m not sure why I didn’t hear it when editing. I guess I need to train my ears more 🙂 Also my Superman sounds a bit like Supermen lol

SteveVO
    Participant

A few narrations I’m working on. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Attachments:
      DanielButtrey
      Participant

Your annunciation and pace are spot on to me in all 4 reads. I would say my favorite of the 4 is the Austin read, it reads as you being an ambassador of the city trying to drive tourism there. I get nearly the same feel from the Italy and Alaska reads but to a slightly lesser degree. Out of the 4 Cancun feels the least genuine but it’s still excellent. I wish I could pinpoint what it is that I’m hearing.
      Keep in mind I’m brand new to voice over and commenting is part of my homework assignment, I am by no means qualified to critique anyone 🙂
      All in all, I really enjoyed all 4 reads, I would just personally rank Austin as the best.

SteveVO
        Participant

Thanks. You don’t sound like you’re new, so keep at it.

Ksmack
    Participant

Wanted to add one more longer narration than my previous upload. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Attachments:
      Stephen Winburn
      Participant

I listened to all 3 recordings and it really sounds like you’ve found your niche with your voice. In terms of pacing, diction, and conversational quality it’s all there.
      My only critique is the same that my coach gave to me and that is micropausing that sometimes interrupts the flow and makes it feel a little choppy!

Ksmack
        Participant

Thank you for the feedback. That has been a comment from my coach as well. I keep putting imaginary commas in there.

Ksmack
    Participant

Good evening. Little bit late uploading for my upcoming session. Hopefully my last before demo prep. Feel free to critique. Thank you.

Attachments:
    DillonP
    Participant

Hello everyone I have just gotten done with both a commercial and narration piece. Please leave any feedback that can help me with my diction and enunciation, Thank you.

Attachments:
      Stephen Winburn
      Participant

I love the quality of your voice and your range is great for these copy!
      I do think what will help with the diction is to slow the pace down a little. “When aspiring writer Zora…” all got a bit blended together, for example.
      Possibly, to practice, do a recording that you feel is actually *way too slow* but intentionally over enunciate every word. You should be able to feel the difference in your diction from when you are intentional with every consonant!

cbehrens
    Participant

Any feedback on conversational style or point of view are appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments:
      RCori
      Participant

I really like how clear your words are and the diction sounds good. I think it could be more conversational however, the tone and pitch are staying at the same level through most of the piece, so it doesn’t sound like you’re having a conversation with someone about Almond Breeze. I’m working on this with my coach as well, but she has some great pointers on reminding me to think of someone specific and concentrate on them through out the “conversation”.

SteveVO
    Participant

Short bio on Albert Einstein. Welcome any feedback.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Attachments:
    Shawn
    Participant

Hi All. Posting my first homework practice reads. Amy feedback much appreciated!

Attachments:
      cbehrens
      Participant

Your reads have a nice flow and pacing! When comparing each of these, perhaps think about the specific emotional tone or point of view for each to create more distinction between each read — just a thought. Sounds great!

Steve Z-A
    Participant

Hi folks. Pretty new to all this but very appreciative of any feedback. Wondering especially about my pacing, and if the tone seems appropriate, but all comments are welcome!

Attachments:
      Shawn
      Participant

I thought the Beethoven read was great. Comfortable and interested/ing. Well done!

Steve Z-A
        Participant

Thanks for listening and the comment.

Bil-Bo
    Participant

Coldwell Banker Real Estate

Attachments:
      Shawn
      Participant

Great commercial for Coldwell Banker. Well done with the music. Trustworthy, relatable and interesting intonation to keep me engaged.

Steve Z-A
      Participant

This is great! It sounds like a commercial Caldwell-Banker would be glad to use.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.