Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Bwatts
    Participant

Hi. I would appreciate any creative feedback re pace, diction, flow, etc. Thanks

Donnamichelle444
    Participant

Nice!!!

Donnamichelle444
    Participant

great voice – be mind of the pausing – I am working on that now

Donnamichelle444
    Participant

Love your choice of Script – try acting it out a bit more – draw by your acting

vlwalinski
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m working on prep for a commercial demo and attached is my homework assignment. Any feedback you could give would be great! Thank you for your help!

Best,
    Veronica

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Artist7
    Participant

Hello, everyone! I’d appreciate some feedback on these two reads. Do they sound conversational, and how is the sound quality? Thanks so much!

Attachments:
    Tibrious
    Participant

*THIRD UPLOAD* Any and all constructive feedback on the scripts that I have created and used for my commercial voiceovers would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking forward to hearing any feedback regarding the sound quality. This is my third and last upload at this time:

Attachments:
    Tibrious
    Participant

*SECOND UPLOAD* Any and all constructive feedback on the scripts that I have created and used for my commercial voiceovers would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking forward to hearing any feedback regarding the sound quality. This is my second upload:

Attachments:
    Tibrious
    Participant

Any and all constructive feedback on the scripts that I have created and used for my commercial voiceovers would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking forward to hearing any feedback regarding the sound quality. This is my first upload, more to follow:

Attachments:
      JamesB
      Participant

Just on the scripts, right? As far as quality, it sounds a little quiet to me BUT please get multiple opinions on that before making adjustments to your recording levels because it might be my rig and your volume is fine.

Black Decker One Touch Coffee Maker: I liked this script. Can fit into a 15-second spot, nails selling points, and has a fun pitch.

Erie Insurance: A lot of repetitive word usage. Then again, it is what is being ‘sold’. I think the second half is verbal gold.

Nicholas Coffee: This is a solid script. A good 15-second spot selling a brand of coffee that has something for every coffee drinker.

For your reads. I liked them all. One Touch Coffee could have been slowed down a little,it sounded rushed to me. Erie Insurance delivery was flat to my ear, I think you’re going for serious/professional. The Nicholas Coffee recordings were both good, the “Nicholas-Coffee-2” was money though. The first word sounds clipped, missing the “kah” on crafted.

Terra Ashe
    Participant

Hi! I’m working on scripts to add a PSA spot to my demo. I will only end up choosing one, and all are just drafts below, so plenty of room to change things. Would love any feedback. Thanks!

*sounds of searching through room and angry sounds”Where is it?”* Can’t find your vape? Now you’re irritable, restless, and running late…again Don’t let vaping control you.
    #PowerOverVape
    Visit PowerOverVape.com to learn more.

It didn’t matter what I was doing. Taking a test, at soccer practice, babysitting…all I wanted to do was hit my vape. It as all I could think about. I couldn’t concentrate, I was snapping at my friends and family. My vape was controlling my life. That is until I learned about #PowerOverVape. And I took that control back. Visit PowerOverVape.com to learn more.

Can’t stop scrolling? I get it, social media is designed to keep us locked in. But while we keep scrolling inside, the world keeps moving outside. Let’s turn that scrolling into stroll #StrollOverScroll. To learn more visit StrollOverScroll.com

Phone Ding ding ding, text clicking, car crash, siren
    Texting while driving has dangerous consequences. Make sure you’re alive to respond back Visit TextLatertoSaveHer.com to learn more.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.