Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    ShellyMadison
    Participant

Gathering some more feedback leading up to a coaching session so any insights are appreciated! Still not in need of technical feedback because just recording on Voice Memo on my phone (don’t you worry my tech savvy friends, that day will come 😀 )

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    autobuffyservices
    Participant

Shock Absorber Parts | Best Rear/Front Car Shock Absorbers | Enjoy a smooth ride with AutoBuffy. If your auto needs a new front or rear shock absorber, place an order with us. We have a wide selection of great Shock Absorber Parts available to buy now.

Attachments:
    NuZe
    Participant

Hello just looking for feedback on my scripts

Attachments:
      jnamar
      Participant

Hi Nuze,
      I listen to the nike ad. You sounded clear and easy to listen. I really like how you ended. I think I would also like to hear this again but with the same tone/attitude like how mentioned the brand at the end.

Artist7
    Participant

Thanks for listening, aemanimate! I appreciate your helpful feedback!

aemanimate
    Participant

Would love any kind of feedback!

Attachments:
      jnamar
      Participant

Hi Aemanimate,
      I listen to both of your recordings and I can’t help to think that as of now your niche can be in medical, education or instructions vo. The anaconda read needed to sound like your narrating with emotion for example when you say squeezes you can elongate the word squeeezes. Just my humble opinion. Take care!

Artist7
      Participant

Hello! Both of your reads sound great! The only feedback I have is for “Swan-Ganz.” The words “is” “to” and “present” all seem to run together. I would slow down the pace just a bit in order to pronounce them each distinctly.

Artist7
    Participant

Hello-I’ve uploaded two practice scripts, I’d really appreciate some feedback on pace and whether the reads sound conversational. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
      aemanimate
      Participant

Hi!

4 kids TV was great! Sounded like an actual commercial

The Advil one just needs a little tweaking on the delivery. When you say or longer lasting than “Advil” Change the tone in the way you say Advil.

Earthbul
        Participant

I agree on the 4 kids spot. Although I felt it could have had more “smile” on it. As for the Advil spot i 110% on the tone. It threw me off a bit as well. The pauses should be tightened up as well. I enjoy the sound of your voice and your inflections. Keep em coming !

RGK3
    Participant

Hello all:

I’d appreciate any feedback on the reads attached, particularly concerning the flow.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      ShellyMadison
      Participant

These are great choices for your voice profile. Your diction is very good and doesn’t sound overly stilted. I’d suggest for Gillette finding some variety in your phrasing and ways to connect phrases. Paraphrased example: “3 mounted blades to adjust for every curve, PLUS….AND a strip of aloe.” This is a list and should be phrased as commas rather than periods. Currently they are three separate statements with all the same weight and tone. These are the selling points of the ad so find what’s indivually interesting about each feature but string them together since they’re all talking about one product. Your tag “Gillette the best a man can get” is very strong.

Your opening list in Vanguard has a lot of nice variation and suits the tone of the product very well (sincere, reliable, authoritative). Just to play with the read, maybe see how it feels for that opening list to read like commas rather than periods. I don’t mean to use up talk necessarily, but let your tone indicate there is more to come with the first two and give that period in your voice for the third.

great work

RGK3
        Participant

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback.

SuperLuke
    Participant

Happy New Year.
    I am working on bettering my audition and self-direction skills by performing commercial reads.
    Please have a listen and let me know what you think,

Thank you,
    -Luke

Attachments:
      ShellyMadison
      Participant

Great energy to your read and enthusiasm for the product. Two things I’d suggest looking out for. First is trying to neutralize your accent (New England? I especially hear it in “hardwood”) but definitely a great thing to keep in your back pocket for ads that want that relatable regionalism (I have to WORK to keep my southern accent from sneaking in). Secondly, be careful with consonant blends at the end of words like “lift.” They need to be more crisp just for clarify of the script.

TimberTykes
    Participant

Good Evening!

I have another recording that I’m posting here for practice. It’s a conversational commercial.

My focus is on diction, keeping the reading at a steady pace with little unnatural pausing, and making sure the reading has a beginning/middle/end. I’m not too worried about the breathing, and I do apologize if my mouth sounds dry!

Feedback of any kind is much appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Attachments:
      RGK3
      Participant

Hi,

Nice job. The pacing is good and the diction is clear. On the constuctive side, I didn’t hear a great deal of transition between the beginning, middle, and end, and the read felt more presentational than conversational.

forever888
    Participant

Wonderful great diction, smooth and flowing.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.