Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    ShellyMadison
    Participant

Trying out some characters reads with the last one “tollbooth” specifically being a try at some audiobook copy. All done with voice memo on my phone, so not currently looking for technical feedback, but any and all comments/critiques as far as tone, emotion, pacing, diction, etc welcomed!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Artist7
    Participant

Hi, Everyone! I’d appreciate some feedback on these two practice reads. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
      jadethevo
      Participant

Hi!

On Sesame Street: Your voice is great for this! You seemed to stumble/speed up a bit too much on “US Department of Education.” And where you say “and viewers like you” it sounds more like “and *TO* viewers like you.” Overall, slow it down a bit and don’t be afraid to take a breath– my coach is always telling me this, too, which is why I’m catching it lol.

This is definitely your lane, though!

Tati Milbourne
    Participant

Another take at a documentary narration!

Attachments:
      Cecilia Monaghan
      Participant

I am new to VO. However I thought it was a nice read.

Attachments:
    DillonP
    Participant

Hello, I’ve completed two reads one Narration which is a positive one. While the commercial is dark and mysterious. Please give me feedback, so I learn to keep improving myself, Thank you.

Attachments:
      kburman
      Participant

Hi
      Nice read. It shows a good range. I especially liked the second one as a unique sound. On both of them I would try varying the pace. Also, I do here an s sound as your are speaking. I think there maybe a plugin for that.

Unity
    Participant

Hi Everyone, just looking for some feedback.

Attachments:
      CMcHugh
      Participant

Hi Unity, I thought your read had good flow throughout, but it felt like needed a little more energy to it. Otherwise, it was pretty good.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hi – doing some coaching on promo reads and attaching the results of my first session.

We worked through NBC Sports App, but then I did Beachfront Bargain Hunt on my own.

Any and all comments welcome, from delivery technique to sound quality.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      kburman
      Participant

Hi Tim,
      Fantastic read on both. I love the pace and different voice inflection. On the Beachfront the only tweak I would do is enunciate Sellable House better as couldn’t quite make that out. And on the NBC sport emphasize the words “Inside Access” like you are disclosing a secret. Nice work.

Tim Kraft
        Participant

Hey KBURMAN, thanks for the feedback.Actually that line was “shell of a house”, not “sellable house”. An enunciation failure on my end either way! Not surprisingly, I do have a tendency to slur in H’s and. S’s…you have good ears 🙂

Agree too that I could go bigger on “inside access”.

Thanks again, I’ll post more as I’m having a great time with these promo reads.

Debbie
    Participant

Hello everyone, looking for some feedback on a practice narration read. No technical notes though please!
    thanks

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

I agree with Tim. Approachable and informative. You bring a very
      believable delivery to this read. You sound nice and relaxed. Interested in hearing more of you.

Tim Kraft
      Participant

Hi Debbie – you have a warm, friendly but knowledgeable voice. I think this is a great read, sounds like e-learning might be a niche to focus your auditions.

Your diction/enunciation is super-precise, which I feel is appropriate for the read. Only the phrase “high cos-t” didn’t seem quite as pointed, but only in comparison to the rest of the script.

Really well done!

mikemcgann
    Participant

Hey everyone.

Attached is a narration sample for review and feedback. Thanks.

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

I like the timbre in your voice. Great read, really nice delivery.
      Is it just me or were the edits a little rough ? I am listening on my phone so there’s that lol Who knows ? Nice job I look forward to hearing what’s next.

Jaljr
    Participant

Hello, friends –

Here are three lightly edited commercial reads for an upcoming coaching session. I appreciate all comments and feedback.
    Thanks

JALJr

Attachments:
      kburman
      Participant

Jaljr

Nice reads. I agree with above. It felt like a marine was giving me the inside scoop. On that one the only tweak would be I would emphasize courage. Really think about what that feels like when you say it. On the news one, I would do the same with the words “Want and Need” think people want and need channel 11. Lastly, overall the sound sounds similar on all 3. Perhaps you want to choose something that is out of your comfort zone to show your range. Overall great work and engaging sound.

kburman
      Participant

Jaljr

Nice reads. I agree with above. It felt like a marine was giving me the inside scoop. On that one the only tweak would be I would emphasize courage. Really think about what that feels like when you say it. On the news one, I would do the same with the words “Want and Need” think people want and need channel 11. Lastly, overall the sound sounds similar on all 3. Perhaps you want to choose something that is out of your comfort zone to show your range. Overall great work and engaging sound.

Tim Kraft
      Participant

Hi JALjr – Sounds to me like the Marines read was MADE for your voice. You have a true “all American” tone, like you really know what you’re talking about. I also hear that coming through in the Eiffel Tower read, though that sounds a bit more narrative (to my ear) than commercial.

I think News 7 is more promo and needs to go bigger. I’m hardly an expert (coaching on promo now), but these type of commercials often border on announcery. I’ll post a few promo reads I’m working on for feedback.

Great work!

Talia Hankin
    Participant

Hello!
    This is my first time posting. I welcome any and all feedback and thoughts you may have!

These recordings are for Narration.

Thank you so much!
    Talia

Attachments:
      Jaljr
      Participant

Hey Talia –

Both are great reads. Advanced tech is better than Sgt Pepper. Your voice works well for that corporate trainer.
      On Sgt Pepper…good emotion…maybe a bit more dramatic than necessary, but overall very good.
      Look forward to hearing more.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.