Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Artist7
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I’d very much appreciate some feedback on these two short reads. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Terry Davis
      Participant

I really love everything about you History channel promo. Great voice, sounds clean and you can hear just a little smile which is perfect. The Nair read was a fun script and I think it called for a little more of conversational read. It sounded more read than spoken to me. If there’s anything to practice on it would be that. I think you will do great in the VO world if you can nail that down because your voice is so nice and friendly.

Earthbul
      Participant

Great work. Nice smooth flow, very conversational. Really enjoyed the History Channel spot. Good audio quality as well. Keep it up.

Artist7
        Participant

I really appreciate the feedback! Also, many thanks for the feedback on the audio quality, as I’ve been working on that, too!

Provocaleric
    Participant

Hello and please check this read out and give me some critique, I will be happy to check yours out too, 🙂

Attachments:
      Terry Davis
      Participant

I really like this script for your voice. You have a natural caring sound that works just right with this. I thought you pacing was good too. It wasn’t rushed at all. Great job.

Provocaleric
    Participant

Nikka,
    I enjoyed your read! you have a nice authenticity to your voice. I would only say that sibilance is noticed throughout and try less pausing and more musicality in your voice. Good luck!

Provocaleric
    Participant

thank you, I felt that uncomfortable pause as well. I’ll blow through it a little better. 🙂

Nikka Kowidge
    Participant

Hi VO community, thank you in advance for your feedback on the following read.

I’m interested in any thoughts you have regarding conversational tone especially.

Thank you!

Attachments:
      latyesemca
      Participant

I would like to hear it sped up a little and the difference of inflections as well, but the tone is wonderful! Great to hear you!

Terry Davis
      Participant

Nikka, you have a great voice that I could definitely hear coming through my radio or T.V. I would love to hear you smile more through this and put a little more excitement in what you’re talking about. It should sound like this is an awesome car and your thrilled to tell people about it. Pacing was good but maybe just a half tick sped up. Love the voice and I look forward to hearing more from you.

lucicamarvel
    Participant

Welcome to bike valy ! We are collection information for all things related to bikes, scooters, and safely bike resides. Whether you are looking for a new mode of Bike design, engine, and spares, we have got you covered. We write all the latest models of bikes, scooters, and Bikes from the top brands in the industry. We also cover a wide variety of accessories prices and reviews to your ride. Visit today our website and know more details.

ajcarste
    Participant

Hello Community,

I have here three samples. I would love feedback on if you think these come off as conversational.

Thank you so much!
    Andrew

Attachments:
      BJ
      Participant

Hi AJ – I like the tone of your voice. 1st sample – You seem comfortable with this script, so I do think you are conversational here. 2nd sample – More pauses within this copy, so it doesn’t come off as conversational here. 3rd sample – Consider eliminating some of your pauses to gain a more natural read. Looking forward to hearing more from you, BJ

jadethevo
    Participant

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I can’t see my post so I’m resubmitting. Open to all feedback, including audio quality.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      ajcarste
      Participant

Hello Jade,
      I think it might be nice if it increased in volume or intensity at a slower rate.
      I hope this helps,
      Andrew

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by ajcarste.
    Earthbul
    Participant

Saw someone post this script read earlier and thought I’d have a crack at it.
    Any and all comments or critiques are welcomed and appreciated,

Attachments:
      ajcarste
      Participant

Hi Earthbu,
      I think its a really nice recording. There is a a hesitancy in the voice which is calming. I think there could be better background music which matches the voice recording.
      I hope this helps,
      Andrew

Artist7
        Participant

The recording sounds great! I think that you could emphasize or do a slight “play on words” at the end with the words “no strings attached.”

Earthbul
          Participant

I fully agree on the “no strings attached” line. Slightly sarcastic with a bit of a wink lol Thanks for the feedback. Are you working on anything ? Looking forward to it 🙂

Provocaleric
    Participant

Nice Erik, I think your sound definitely has marketability! I like your thick sound and my only real criticism would be to do more face and mouth stretching, I can hear some binding up at the end of some of those thick phrases, but really nice job! Please feel free to critique me, thanks!

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.