Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    kfvoice
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Another read with new, different, equipment. This is an Interactive Voice Response script from the library. The last two lines are actually a second take, so my tone and pitch vary slightly than in the first part of the read. Is it noticeable, or does it fit the script? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

IVR

You have reached Animal Wellness Center. Please listen as our menu options have changed. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. We are closed from 12:30 to 1:30 for lunch and on Wednesday from 12:30 to 2:00. We are closed on weekends. To schedule an appointment or reach the front desk, press 0. For Kathy Miller, head of reproduction, press 1.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mkell755
      Participant

Hi Kathy! Good read! The flow was nice and the reading smooth and clear. Since “…on Wednesday from 12:30 to 2:00” is something different from all other times on other days, I think emphasizing “Wednesday” might be helpful.

I did not notice any difference in tone and pitch from the first part of the script as compared to the last 2 lines. Good read!

Mary

kfvoice
        Participant

Thank you, Mary! Noted!

mrtripo9
    Participant

Here is another one, I might need help with editing.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by mrtripo9.
    Attachments:
      kfvoice
      Participant

Hello mrtripo9!

Your pace here sounded good to me, and your voice, with a warm and welcoming tone, is well suited for eLearning/Education/Explainer/Training scripts. Good read! Keep it up!

Kathy

mrtripo9
        Participant

thanks KfVoice , I apprciate , its always great to get the opinion of participant like you. Thanks

mkell755
      Participant

Hi MrTripo9 – very nice! You have a nice deep warm tone to your voice, and a nice accent. Good reading throughout!

Mary

mrtripo9
        Participant

thanks Mary,your feedback means a lot.

mkell755
          Participant

Sure! You are welcome 🙂

Mary

mrtripo9
    Participant

Hi Everyone , hope you all had a nice thanksgiving? I need your feedback on this one, thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by mrtripo9.
    Attachments:
      mkell755
      Participant

Hi MrTripo9 – great read for your voice; you have the voice of a storyteller! Nice warm and rich tone and good pacing of read throughout.

Mary

mrtripo9
        Participant

thanks again Mary

kfvoice
    Participant

Awesome job, touzet! I don’t have anything to critique! Your pace and tone fit the script well, and I loved the chuckle in the beginning of your read!

Sounded like a Jack Daniels commercial to me!

Watch out, Sam Elliott! 🙂

Kathy

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by kfvoice. Reason: Delete this post
    katelyndawnvo
    Participant

Hi guys! Been a couple days. My demo record went so great! Here is a script I put together for a commercial read. Any feedback is appreciated! Have a great day.
    Katelyn

Andalou Naturals sunflower & citrus styling gel gives you a healthy shine and protects your hair against heat and humidity.
    Sunflower and Tangerine Oils brighten hair tone and revitalize follicles.
    This natural gel does so much more than you would expect.

Attachments:
      kfvoice
      Participant

A nice “sunny” and “bright” read, Katelyn! Pace was good, and enunciation was clear. I did notice a very slight micro-pause at “and protect” in your opening line. Again, very slight. It works if the line is rewritten with an intended break. Overall, good job!

P.S. I use Andalou products, and your voice works well for this kind of script.

Kathy

mkell755
      Participant

Hi Katelyn! Glad to hear that the demo went well! This read sounds good – good flow and variation in tone and very good for your voice. Good job!

Mary

touzet
    Participant

Sort of a Jack Daniels Medley

Attachments:
      touzet
      Participant

Thanks for taking the time to give this a listen and for the generous comments.

SuperLuke
      Participant

wow, this take is delicious, I can already taste it

colleen
      Participant

TREMENDOUS read and background music, Touzet~great pacing, tone…I could almost TASTE the whiskey!

kfvoice
      Participant

(Accidentally posted as a main entry!)

Awesome job, touzet! I don’t have anything to critique! Your pace and tone fit the script well, and I loved the chuckle in the beginning of your read!

Sounded like a Jack Daniels commercial to me!

Watch out, Sam Elliott! 🙂

Kathy

JackStansbury
        Participant

I mean holy cow, this is great stuff. So evocative, so human and authentic. Really really nice work

mkell755
      Participant

Hi Touzet – very nice! Great visuals as I was listening – very smooth and relaxed. Good job!

Mary

mkell755
    Participant

Hi everyone! Looking for any and all feedback here for this read (recorded on my phone). Thank you all!

Mary

Hotelplanner.com
    Planning a group event can be an enormous undertaking whether it’s a work meeting, sporting event or family reunion. Simplify your event planning with HotelPlanner.com —
    We’re number one in group travel. We’ll work with you and the hotels to obtain the finest hotel, best prices, and group booking policies available.

Attachments:
      mrtripo9
      Participant

Great read, i can totally hear this on radio, I agree with kathryn , there is a warmness to you voice , the bracket (–) tip she shared is awesome , i will apply it to my reads too.

mkell755
        Participant

Wow – thank you mrtripo9! I really appreciate it. Yes, the bracket tip is gold! I’m using that. Thanks!

Mary

katelyndawnvo
      Participant

Very nice work Mary. Your tone is so warm and inviting. I think that the pace is a little carefully spoken and paced out a but slow. There were some pauses in the first sentence: “Planning a group event can be an enormous undertaking whether it’s a work meeting,” and with this whole part being 1 idea does not need any pausing. My coach suggested putting brackets around ideas [—-] that signify that it is 1 idea and so there does not need to be pauses there. Nice work! 🙂

mkell755
        Participant

Thanks for the Feedback Katelyn! I definitely like the bracket idea to keep phrases and thoughts together, thanks for that! I will work on unnecessary pauses too. In my head I’m trying t o keep it moving but no too fast, but a random pause doesn’t help that. Thanks again!

Mary

TimDKietzman
      Participant

Hello Mary,

This was well done. You enunciated good words and sounded conversational. You were pausing a lot though, and much of it was midsentence. My coach Art advised me to only pause at periods and commas. Also, it sounded like you said “ken” instead of “can.” Your tone leaves something to be desired. Indeed you sound confident but not very interested and I think that is crucial for commercial scripts.

I hope this helps,
      Tim D.

mkell755
        Participant

Hi Tim! Thanks for the feedback. I hear “ken” now instead of “can”, so I will work on that. I think too that I may be unintentionally pausing to make sure I’m not reading too quick, but if it sounds like a pause that needs work as well. I really was interested in this but will work on a more interested-sounding tone. Thanks again!

Mary

kfvoice
    Participant

Hi all!

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, despite the unusual circumstances this year.

I had some new studio equipment come in this week, and today was my first day test driving some of it.

This script is from the library; found under documentaries, but it sounds like a script for a travel app.

(Note: Where I come from, we say route as “root”.)

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Kathy

Route 66

#2 Route 66

While officially Route 66 no longer exists, the majority of it remains to be driven and
    enjoyed. The turn-by-turn road description will guide you on your journey through all
    eight states from Chicago to Los Angeles. Not only will it help you to stay on track, but
    you’ll also find some background information on the hundreds of roadside attractions

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by kfvoice.
    Attachments:
      mkell755
      Participant

Hi Kathy! I enjoyed this read. Very smooth and flowed well! The only thing I noticed was that the word “guide” seemed to be stretched out or given more emphasis than needed? That is nitpicky on my part. Very good!

P.S. We say “root” too, and 26 miles of Route 66 runs through my city, Tulsa!

Mary

kfvoice
        Participant

Thank you for the feedback, Mary! Noted!

I always thought it would be interesting to take a road trip traveling Route 66!

Thanks again!

Kathy

mkell755
          Participant

You are welcome Kathy! If you ever do decide to travel Route 66 it is pretty quirky and interesting! 🙂

Mary

kfvoice
      Participant

I can’t seem to edit this again, but I noticed (only after uploading my recording), that I completely skipped a word in my last line. Oops.

burdahgirl
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback! I’m enjoying getting to know you all through your recordings 🙂

“It’s Macy’s Thanksgiving sale. Storewide savings for the whole family. All women’s coats and jackets…30-50 percent off. All men’s outerwear…25-50 percent off. And all kids’ jackets, hats, and gloves…up to 60 percent off. Macy’s Thanksgiving Sale. All you need for the holidays.”

Attachments:
      TimDKietzman
      Participant

Your voice is very fitting for the read. You performed a good tempo and enunciated fitting words. Although, I personally think your tone makes you sound like a machine… It’s almost as if you’re just reading it without any apparent interest. If you want listeners to be attracted to your client, it’s important to sound interested yourself. Also, I think your listing of the products and percentages could do with more variation. (I would suggest enunciating the percentages in one, the products in another, you could even raise the pitch of “and.”)
      All in all, you’re doing well. I hope this helps.

mkell755
      Participant

Hi Burdahgirl! Yes it is interesting hearing many of the same voices and getting to know everyone a little!

Great read – very good flow and tone, and good building emphasis on the 3 levels of percentages of sales (30-50, 25-50, and 60). Your tone is very pleasant and well-suited for this type of commercial. Very good!

Mary

touzet
    Participant

Tried out this Atlanta Bread Co. Script:

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

wow this is great

TimDKietzman
      Participant

You sir are FANTASTIC! You brought the script to life with perfect pace, fitting enunciations, and not too long of pauses. I would recommend though, unless this is your natural speaking voice, you should not perform with such a low pitch. You sound rather gravelly and I feel that sounds like you’re slacking off before the read is done. A relaxed tone is fitting, but don’t overdo it.

touzet
      Participant

Thanks for giving this a listen and the generous comments.

mkell755
      Participant

Hi Touzet! Very good! Nice warm and rich tone, sounded great! Good flow and inflection throughout. Good job!

Mary

burdahgirl
      Participant

Oh man, you have such a great voice and I could listen to it all day! For this read, I thought it was awesome. I might play around with not settling at the bottom of the voice – the higher inflections still have such a rich color but a little more inviting for a place with soup in a bread bowl 🙂 🙂 Can’t wait to hear your voice all over the place!

RYoung
      Participant

Top notch on this one Touzet! I have no critique to offer you, very nice!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.