Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    DicksonVO
    Participant

Greetings Feedback Forum! Here for the practice and looking forward to your feedback.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    VoicesByJeff
    Participant

Had an issue with my files so trying again. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Attachments:
      DicksonVO
      Participant

Hey Jeff! Great voice! For the TN Valley: There were a lot of mouth clicks throughout. I’d suggest to try a de-clicker or edit those out. It was a very fast read. It felt like this would be a documentary, so imagine the images that would appear with the copy you are reading and how long they may appear on the screen during your VO (most likely a couple of seconds or so) hopefully this will help you pace a little slower so your audience can more easily absorb the message. For the Church Attack: It lacked emotion behind the subject matter. The church attack is a horrible thing and the images that would be show with it are also…try putting your hand over your heart or something like that when you read to connect with the script (you don’t have to pour out tears but you would want to connect with the gravity of the situation). Doing that hopefully will help you with slowing your pace also. Hope this helps. Keep going…your voice is great for narration.

VoicesByJeff
        Participant

Really appreciate the honest feedback. The emotion part is something I am working on. Thanks for your input!

VoicesByJeff
    Participant

Hello everyone! Did some narration reads and any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by VoicesByJeff.
    ekairush04
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I’m submitting my two scripts for practice. Let me know what you think. I need all the help I can get.
    Thanks,
    Elena R.

Attachments:
      BJ
      Participant

Hi Elena – Very easy to listen to your tone and pace. Great pronunciation. Neuroendocrine – there’s a slight hesitation between “electron” and “microscopy.” Social Security – I think you can go a bit warmer here – more conversational. Both recordings sound echoey.

Seth Jackson
    Participant

Removed breaths only because there was one. Looking for feedback on delivery and quality of recording. Thank you much.

Attachments:
      Michele Martin
      Participant

Seth, I thought this sounded so nice! Only thing I can think of is maybe in the second line, smooth out “the all new Acura” just a smidge. Or are those slight pauses intentional for drama? (I don’t mean where you say, “Luxury. Performance. Etc. I can tell those pauses are right on.) Love your voice and tone: Great for a luxury ad!

atperry
    Participant

Hey hey, second recording of Midzipper telephony. Sorry for technical issue on first reeording

Attachments:
      BJ
      Participant

Hi Atperry – I must admit. I’m a sucker for deep voices – yours is beautiful! Overall – nice job! Just a couple of thoughts – trying reading this with a bit of a smile so that the read is warmer but still professional. Also, try backing up from the mic a bit to avoid mouth sounds.

atperry
    Participant

Hi Folks, working on telephony. Would love feedback of any kind.

Attachments:
    tmanning.tix
    Participant

Just a little commercial homework. Feel free to give me some feedback!

Attachments:
      Michele Martin
      Participant

I just listened to Amex and thought you sounded really believable. When you said “and American Express keeps it that way” I wanted to cheer “Yeah!” for privacy. Thought you nailed that line. Your tone seemed very fitting and appropriately authoritative for the serious content.

Seth Jackson
      Participant

One thing my teacher is drilling into me, is to make it more conversational.

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, everyone- I’ve uploaded two practice reads that I’d appreciate some feedback on. Thanks so much!

Attachments:
      BJ
      Participant

Hi Artist 7 – Friendly, inviting tone and good energy for both records – nice! Good differentiation between the two, too. Just a quick note that on Spotify the ”p” in partying is popped also the record volume is low for both.

Artist7
        Participant

Hi, BJ- Thanks for the feedback! OK. Looks like I’ll need to look into the sound issues and make some sound adjustments.

DillonP
    Participant

I have a new Commercial read and an old Narration I had done. This time I used my newest microphone to record. please give me feedback that can help with my recording and if my new microphone would work better or not.

Attachments:
      Seth Jackson
      Participant

What if you gave the MTV ad a bit more enthusiasm? Mic sounds great BTW.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.