Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    TalVerd
    Participant

Hello, Feedback Forum. I’ve got 2 uploads I’d like some feedback on. I’d especially like feedback on 3 areas.
    1. How conversational do I sound?
    2. How is my diction?
    3. How is my pace?
    Thanks a bunch!

Earthbul
      Participant

I don’t see the attachments.

vlwalinski
    Participant

Hello Feedback Forum! In preparation for my VO coaching session, attached are two recordings for feedback. The Lipitor recording was a challenge because it’s written like a Webster’s definition, not a normal paragraph. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Best,
    Veronica

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Earthbul
      Participant

Hi,
      I know that these types of reads lean towards the serious. While I think the pace was adequate I felt there should have been a little more inflection in your delivery. I’d love to hear version 2 of these reads.

Earthbul
    Participant

I created the script using ChatGPT. A great resource for tailoring reads that fit your style
    Highly recommend it !! Any and all comments welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments:
      Brandyhart610
      Participant

Sounds conversational & awesome.

melodyz
      Participant

Loved the read! Your voice fits the product perfectly. Totally engaging.

May I ask what kind of mic you are using. It sounds so clear.

Earthbul
        Participant

Thanks. I use a Rode NT1-a. My closet is really well treated also.

suzanne dangler
      Participant

This is great! I can picture a fantastic 70s Old Spice style video going along with this!

I was tempted to test chatGPT and was also pretty shocked at what it came up with with just a few sparse descriptions! Can’t quite bring myself to use it though… 🙂

AAsterita
    Participant

Here are 3 spots I’m working on for my demo, would love some feedback. Thank you!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by AAsterita.
    Attachments:
      melodyz
      Participant

The variety of spots truly shows your range. Loved it. Wasn’t clear on the yoga studios name the first time you said it, but caught it at the end. Your voice and tone are fantastic.

Michele Martin
      Participant

Hi A-
      I liked the variety for your demo! Nice mix! Regarding the yoga script- When you said, “Visit us today at Alluem Yoga”, I thought that “today” could benefit from just a touch more up-beatness. I thought it was a super read and I know that the subject calls for a calm and relaxing tone, but think that the invite to “visit today” could be read in a just a teeny bit more subtle enthusiasm. Maybe a little bit of a higher note on “today”. Congratulations on working on your demo! It all sounded great! This feedback is of course just my opinion and subjective :).

Earthbul
      Participant

The Yoga and Vroom spots were really good. Yoga was nice and calm without being boring while the Vroom spot had a perfect cadence and kept me listening. Really nice work.

Earthbul
      Participant

I enjoyed the Seventh Generation spot but I felt more emphasis should’ve been put on the first line.
      A little more forceful. Ending more on an upswing. That being said I really enjoy your voice. Very pleasing to the ear.

Earthbul
    Participant

Practice read. Just wondering what your thoughts are of it. Thank you.

Attachments:
    Earthbul
    Participant

All feedback welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments:
    Earthbul
    Participant

Just a practice read. Any and all comments welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments:
      BJ
      Participant

Hi – Excuse my delay in getting back with you. You have a very natural, warm and conversational delivery. I really like the expressiveness you bring to specific words. Is this a commercial read? If so, I’d be curious how this would sound if you brought more energy to your delivery and brought up the music a bit. Overall, really well done! Thanks again for giving my snippets a listen. BJ

Brandyhart610
      Participant

Smooth read, conversational, sounded effortless. You’re hired.

Brmassey
    Participant

Hi y’all! Looking for some feedback on a couple of commercial reads. Ignore the mic issues, I just got it and am starting to play around.

Thanks!
    Brianna

Attachments:
      suzanne dangler
      Participant

These sound pretty good! The Crate and Barrel one, I thought you kind of drifted…back with it. Lounging in the corner maybe? 😉 It just got a bit quieter towards the end. But otherwise was good!

For the Legos, I think you could try a bit more conversational/casual. The flow worked really well. I think a more kind of off-the-cuff “my kid does the weirdest things” sort of feel could be fun to try with it! 🙂

BJ
    Participant

Hi – Please help me build my narration demo by listening to these short reads and giving me some feedback. The first two are for a non-profit and the second two are for pet adoption. What works? What doesn’t? Do let me know which versions of each you prefer, too. Appreciate you!

Attachments:
      atperry
      Participant

Love your work! Conversational, engaging, well paced, technically sound are just a few ways to describe your great delivery !! C u on the champagne carpet 🙂

Earthbul
      Participant

I found things to like all the versions you posted. You have a very calm,comforting sound. You take your time feeling out the words but can pivot pretty well towards a faster paced interpretation. Really enjoyed it. Hey, I posted a read called The Farmers Dog. I’d love to hear your interpretation of it.

BJ
        Participant

Hi – Thanks for the thumbs up and kind words. I’m traveling now, but promise to give a listen to The Farmers Dog soon.

Brmassey
      Participant

Hi BJ,

You have a lovely voice! It’s so warm and it kept me engaged throughout. You also have great versatility. The scripts read a little on the fast side–especially GunineaPigV2 so that’s something to be aware of. Toward the end, it sounded like you sped up a bit. I prefer AAFAV1 and GuineaPigV1 as well. Good luck 🙂

BJ
        Participant

Hi Brianna – Thanks for your kind words and feedback:)!

Artist7
    Participant

Hello, everyone, I’ve uploaded two short practice reads and I’d really appreciate some feedback on them. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.