Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    touzet
    Participant

Another Tractor Supply co. tv spot “Always Here”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    touzet
    Participant

— Tractor Supply Co. : added the Company Tagline because this came from a video which I’m sure had plenty of logo images.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by touzet.
    Attachments:
      Eliz_10
      Participant

Hello Touzet,
      I love both your spots. The rich, deep tones of your voice and the “heartland” delivery make each very believable. They feel like they come straight from the heart. I can easily hear your voice narrating a Clydesdale/Budweiser commercial.

Good job,
      Elizabeth

Sherry Newell
    Participant

Take 2. I’ve converted the file format to mp3. These scripts are taken from the script library for practice. Thanks for listening 🙂

Attachments:
    Sherry Newell
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I’m brand new to this and working on homework for narration. I just recorded these on my phone for now while I’m still learning my DAW. All feedback welcome 🙂
    Thanks in advance!

Sherry Newell
      Participant

Oops, gotta fix my file format and then I’ll try again.

Bil-Bo
    Participant

Runza Restaurant
    Here at Runza, many people ask us why we don’t serve breakfast. Our answer is simple, because we’re busy making lunch. We’re up with the roosters each morning to start hand slicing onion rings and making Runza sandwiches. And we wouldn’t have time for that if we had to spend our mornings figuring out how to inject syrup into bread. Seriously, people actually do that, but not us, because we don’t do everything. We do our thing. Runza, the difference is real.

Attachments:
      touzet
      Participant

Very cool style. There’s something kind of strange with the recording though. Might be caused by excessive noise reduction application or some other processing.

Sherry Newell
      Participant

Sounds great! I felt like I was listening to an add on the radio. I like the pacing you had, and there was just one spot that I felt like the words were maybe run together just a bit. It was at “Runza sandwiches”. That z sound into the s is probably a little tricky. Well done 🙂

Evalena Taylor
    Participant

Intended audience for this one would be pre-k and maybe it’s a preview for a kids e-learning course. Would love some kind criticism!

Attachments:
      Sherry Newell
      Participant

I really liked the direction you took this! I could tell you were talking to a kid, but with excitement that wasn’t over the top or talking down to them. Good clear words. Well done 🙂

eglover177
    Participant

Hello all just recorded a cold read any criticism is appreciated

Attachments:
      Evalena Taylor
      Participant

What a rich, personable sound you have! I thought you started strong with that nice, relatable inflection. The slightly more dramatic changes in pitch after about 0:06 secs makes it feel a little less like a “real” conversation. You could try some visual exercises to really get into where you are, exactly who you’re talking to, and what kind of response you’re trying to get from them. That helps me a LOT. You have a great sound and I hope we continue to hear more from you!

danielh04
    Participant

Hello again!
    Here are some reads I’ve done for practice, let me know your feedback, it’s greatly appreciated.

Spotify
    Sometimes you don’t quite know what you want. Hip hop or K-pop? Modern country or classic R&B? EDM or Emo? Sometimes you just gotta skip through until you find just what you’re looking for. Right now you’re limited to 6 skips an hour. But with premium you can have as many skips as you want. Want to try it out free for 30 days? Tap the banner to learn more.

Toyota
    Rise up and flee your cubicle. Matrix. It was sent here to free you. Adrenaline-charged performance and up to 53 cubic feet for cargo. The freedom to leave it all behind. The freedom to bring it all with. Toyota…Moving forward.

Purina One
    Purina One Special Formula For Cats is made with real chicken. Good news for your cat. Great news for your canary. For a complete adult diet for your cat and the real chicken he wants, give him Purina One Special Formula. Your canary will thank you for it. Purina One. Second to none.

Attachments:
      sarahtranchina
      Participant

Hey Daniel! Nice work throughout! I think your voice is so well suited for the Spotify ad! The only thing I would say to play with is to give the listener a different quality when you get to “right now you’re limited to 6 skips an hour” (ie: lame, right?) so that you can then let them know you’ve got the solution with Premium. With Toyota, I would say maybe watch out for annunciation throughout and pacing. It seemed just a tad rushed (might have been in editing, I’ve done that myself plenty of times.) Purina One also great, I would again focus on annunciation and also the pronunciation of canary. Awesome stuff!

BONKmk
    Participant

Hey all, first time uploading here after a session for homework. Any critiques for any of these three narrations would be super appreciated!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by BONKmk.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by BONKmk.
    Attachments:
      eglover177
      Participant

Great read however, I think you can add some emotion

BONKmk
      Participant

Here they are as MP3s.

Attachments:
        sarahtranchina
        Participant

Hey there! I think these are great, the three scripts you picked have a nice range. You have great tone and quality to your voice. I agree with RYoung, especially in the first clip there’s a bit of a staccato with your phrases. The instructional video is a great fit for you! In the second clip there were some sibilant s’ in the second half of your script… I’m not sure what you had the gain set as, but it might also be mic placement. The third clip was super fun! I’d say you can have even more fun/energy with your delivery on it because of the subject matter. Great work!

RYoung
        Participant

Technically reads are very well done. They are however slightly staccato. I would try to smooth them out slightly to connect the thoughts better, hope that helps and great work on this!

RYoung
    Participant

This is an example of a PSA with some emotion and caring attitude. Any thought are welcome, thanks.

Attachments:
      Mitch_Crawford
      Participant

R: I really like this read. You have great, deep, rich tones in your voice. You also have an accent I can’t place, which is a positive–it’s a universal voice, so an international PSA works well. I love how you say “violence and oppression…their past defined by terror…” Great read. Sorry, can’t find a critique.

RYoung
        Participant

Thanks for listening Mitch.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.