Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    adrothfield
    Participant

Hi all!

Looking for feedback on performance only. I’m specifically working to make this more conversational and natural. Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Not sure you have the right credit card? Know which one to get? TURN TO THE NERDS. The experts at Nerdwallet make it easy to make smart money-moves. Compare and find the best credit cards for you at nerdwallet.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    monibr16
    Participant

Good evening everyone!
    Submitting another commercial read for coaching session, all feedback welcome. Thank you 🙂

Attachments:
      CYeschenko
      Participant

Very nicely done! The measured pacing and silky smoothness of your voice definitely fit the copy and highlighted the aspects you wanted to sell the product with. There were only a few times that you may have taken a tiny bit too much space in between sentences though, and also the space in the last line (goddess – in you) made it almost two separate sentences. That is an especially important line to nail since it is their catchphrase- but as a whole you’re very close to nailing the entire spot exactly as you intended!

monibr16
        Participant

Thank you so much for your advice! Those are a few tendencies I’m trying to change.

cbehrens
    Participant

I’m working to be more conversational and envision the imagery that corresponds to the audio. Any feedback is welcome! Thanks!

Attachments:
      monibr16
      Participant

Great read! It definitely had conversational moments, but I feel like you can be even more specific with your audience of choice.I noticed the echo as well, but thats an easy fix. Good job overall!

timmurphy306
      Participant

I really loved your phrasing on this read. The way you emphasize the right words really gives a nice flow to the whole piece, very conversational and natural. I would slow your pacing, though, it sounded a little rushed. I also noticed some echo, too. Maybe a few more blankets in the room?

Eliz_10
    Participant

Hello Mkell755,

Enjoyed listening to your Sears carpet commercial. Your tone of voice and delivery are very smooth and soothing to the ear. I think you emphasized all the right words and gave a convincing reason to shop at Sears.

Keep up the good work.
    Elizabeth

mkell755
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback Elizabeth! I’m glad it sounded smooth, soothing and convincing! Thanks again,

Mary

Akingsley19
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

I tried a 7-11 script I found online for this one. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Script:

So it’s 2:00 in the morning…and you’re starving. Nothin’ in the fridge, and nothin’ in the cupboards. You don’t even have dog biscuits hangin’ around. You think about cooking, but then you remember the 3-alarm fire you started last time you tried using the stove. Well, check out 7-11. There’s gotta be one right near ya’. They have everything from burgers to tacos…24 hours a day…7 days a week. 7-11. Think of it as your own personal walk-in kitchen.

Attachments:
      cbehrens
      Participant

Hi Akingsley! I also thought this was very relatable and connected to the audience. I was able to visualize the images throughout. Well done!

mkell755
      Participant

Hi Akingsley, good job! I really liked the pacing and attitude throughout, it was very believable and relatable with just the right amount of neighbor next door vibe. Very good!

Mary

mkell755
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here is a script for any and all feedback. Working on sounding relaxed, conversational, and adding some background audio. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Mary

Miller Genuine Draft
    There’s a secret society, where the night is eternal, the music is essential, and the party is non-stop. You could be the newest member. The Miller Genuine Draft music jet tour. Four parties, four cities, one unforgettable trip. Peel the label, enter the code at mgd.com and prepare for take-off.

Attachments:
      monibr16
      Participant

I was jamming from the beginnigng Mary! Great song choice paired with your voice. You also kept the energy up through out, and ended on a high note. Well done

mkell755
        Participant

Thanks for the feedback Monibr16! I’ve been having fun selecting music that fits the vibe I was going for, so thank you! Glad the energy sounded good – that has been a struggle in the past for me. Thank you!

Mary

Akingsley19
      Participant

Hi Mary!

You definitely got the relaxed aspect in there and the background music was a nice touch! You sounded really clear and sounded great, but I definitely feel like a big smile while doing an up beat read like this would make it even better. The happiness and interest felt a little forced. All the best!

mkell755
        Participant

Thanks for the feedback AKingsley! I’m glad it is sounding relaxed, yes a bigger smile while reading would help this one. I was trying to imagine winning this trip and it really does sound like something I would like to do, so I was trying to convey that. Thanks!

Mary

SuperLuke
    Participant

I wanted to practice Slating and narrating a book, “Setting a Trap for G*d”. Please feel free to leave feedback. I’ll include the text here:

The Word for prayer in Aramaic is “slotha”. It comes from the root word “sla”, which literally means “to trap” or to “set a trap”. Thus, Prayer in its initial sense implies “setting your mind like a trap so that you may catch the thoughts of G*d”-in other words, “to trap the inner guidance and impulses that come from your inner spiritual source.”
    Prayer also means “a state of mind in which we still all personal thoughts and make no attempt to project anything outwardly”. It is an “alert state of total sensitivity and attentiveness.”

Attachments:
      monibr16
      Participant

Great energy Luke. I would just say slow donw a big with transitioning sentences. You smushed a few of the starting words together, like “in other words”. But besides that the pacing was great for a educational read!

SuperLuke
        Participant

thank you for your comment

monibr16
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Looking for feedback on my commercial practice. Lead ins, and everything, also if the mic sounds “too hot”. Thank you!

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

You do a great job with the enthusiasm in your voice, advertising Six flags! At the end, I think there could be more enthusiasm in the word “yes”.

monibr16
        Participant

Thank you Luke!

timmurphy306
          Participant

Loved listening to this! Enthusiasm, pacing, and the emphasis on the right phrases, like “…paint the cat” were superb. I didn’t notice anything “hot” about your mic. If I had to nitpick, I would agree with SuperLuke that maybe a little more emphasis on the last “YES!” would really end things on a high note. Great work!

mkell755
    Participant

Hi everyone! Looking for any and all feedback to this script. Working on getting the sound levels right, and sounding conversational. I did this one awhile back and hopefully this one is improved. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

Mary

Sears Carpets
    OH! Welcome to my commercial. I just want to tell you about what a great experience I had buying new carpet from Sears. Well, I went to Sears and found that DuPont no-stain carpets were on sale through Saturday. They also offered free installation guaranteed. If you want one of America’s premiere carpet brands, just go to Sears. It’s DuPont Stainless in hundreds of colors and textures, on sale through Saturday, at Sears.

Attachments:
      Eliz_10
      Participant

Hello Mkell755,
      I put this in the wrong place the other day so you may not have seen it.
      Enjoyed listening to your Sears carpet commercial. Your tone of voice and delivery are very smooth and soothing to the ear. I think you emphasized all the right words and gave a convincing reason to shop at Sears.

Keep up the good work.
      Elizabeth

mkell755
        Participant

Thanks for the feedback Elizabeth! I saw your feedback, and thank you! Working to sound more conversational and convincing, so thank you for that! Thanks again for takign the time to write your comments twice – they don’t always post to the right place 🙂

Mary

SuperLuke
      Participant

It’s a good performance. And I think you can improve on the performance so that you sound at your best

mkell755
        Participant

Thanks for the feedback SuperLuke! I will work on this one a bit more – there is always room for improvement! 🙂

Mary

Robert Broussard
      Participant

Mary,

I think your loudness of recording is about right. Your read was easy to listen to and conversational. Good Job. I miss having sears here in WF.

mkell755
        Participant

Thanks for the feedback Robert! Glad the recording level is sounding ok, and that it’s a little more conversational. Sears was an institution for sure!

Mary

JohnFinn
    Participant

Hello- practice reads here, any feedback and suggestion are welcome. All reads are from the Edge Studio script library. Thank you!

Attachments:
      mkell755
      Participant

Hi John, good reads! I really like the tone of your voice and it seems very well suited for these genres.
      Script 1: Good tone and pace. There were parts that sounded like you were reading vs. performing such as “…across the Golden Gate bridge” , otherwise really nice and informative.
      Script 2: Great tone and delivery for this type of medical script.
      Script 3: Good variation in your tone for the subject
      Good job! Keep it up.

Mary

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.