Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    IMs
    Participant

A real woman is a man’s best friend.

She will never stand him up and never let him down.
    She will reassure him when he feels insecure and comfort him after a bad day.
    She will inspire him to do things he never thought he could do; to live without fear and forget regret.
    She will enable him to express his deepest emotions and give in to his most intimate desires.
    She will make sure he always feels as though he’s the most handsome man in the room and will enable him to be the most confident, s**y, seductive, and invincible. . .

No wait… Sorry… I’m thinking of beer.

That’s what beer does…

Never mind!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      IMs
      Participant

Apologies!

Mea culpa!

‘She’ sounds like ‘he’…in this ‘Real Woman’ recording!

IMs
    Participant

Advance Technologies >>> Thanks much!

+ + + + + + +

Welcome to Advance Technology Incorporated, and to the excitement and challenges of a growing business.

As a new employee, your job is important to us.

Your success is an important factor in the success of this company.

This software is designed to offer you accurate information about company policies and procedures, benefit packages, performance reviews, training and education opportunities.

Attachments:
    SuperLuke
    Participant

As I prepare for my demo, I was told in an earlier comment that they couldn’t hear a few of my demo character samples. Turns out that after an accident, that my microphone was moved the wrong way.
    So, I fixed and reset my home studio.
    Please feel free to leave feedback on the performance. Also, let me know if I’m more audible than before, and if you can hear and understand what my character is saying.
    Thanks
    Script:
    Congratulations on winning the election, Mr. President. You know, I got you elected so I could get those weapons contracts. I don’t know if it’s slipped your mind, but I’m through being patient with you. I will expose you as the fraud you’ve always been.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by SuperLuke. Reason: forgot to include my script for the readers
    Attachments:
    IMs
    Participant

Many thanks for your feedback!
    +++++++

Carnation Breakfast Essentials

Kids can change minds.

They can even change the world around us.

Packed with protein plus 21 vitamins and minerals, we nourish them with Carnation Breakfast Essentials.

Because today could change everything.

Attachments:
    IMs
    Participant

Thanks in advance for your feedback…

Cosmos

Welcome to the planet earth.

A place of blue nitrogen skies, oceans of liquid water, cool forests, soft meadows;

A world positively rippling with life.

From the cosmic perspective, it is, for the moment, unique.

The only world on which we know with certainty that the matter of the cosmos has become alive, and aware.

There must be many such worlds scattered through space, but our search for them begins here, with the accumulated wisdom of the men and women of our species, acquired at great cost, over a million years.

Attachments:
    mara_sherman
    Participant

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting to the feedback forum. Here are some narration scripts from the library I’ve recorded. I’m still getting familiar with Audacity, so if you have any pointers/tips on how I could’ve edited better, I’m all ears! Thanks!

Attachments:
      Oktober10
      Participant

You’ve got great tone. I liked your expressive first read and could hear the smile in your voice. Nice job.

SuperLuke
      Participant

In the first recording it sounded like you were too far away from the microphone, with a minor hum. The 2nd recording was louder. The good news is that I was able to hear you better. The bad news was that I heard a louder hum in the background. I would speak with an engineer about Audacity recordings and work on building your home studio,
      -hope this was helpful

Oktober10
    Participant

Hi everyone, this is my first go at the Feedback Forum! Thanks for your, um, feedback. 😀

Attachments:
    TimDKietzman
    Participant

Here’s another script. This is probably the longest script I’ve done so I had to record paragraph by paragraph. Is my tone consistent throughout? Does my editing still allow the script to flow from beginning to end? How about the recording setup, is it still working well? Any help is appreciated.

Weelearn
    Most of us know there are ways we can improve… to be healthier… happier… more effective… but knowing how to improve is a different matter. Without guidance, we often simply stay the same.
    Welcome to Weelearn – a platform where well-known experts and authors can help you get stronger in all areas of your life. Using the Weelearn video library, you can protect your body, strengthen your mind and spirit, become a more positive influence in your relationships, pursue success more confidently at work, and so much more.
    Our experts are taken from fields of hard science, like psychology, but also areas of broader wisdom, like spirituality. And with videos broken up into digestible parts, and supplemented by exercises and games, the next step to your best self is truly only a few clicks away.
    Don’t be stuck in life, love, work – or anything! Try Weelearn for yourself today.
    Weelearn – learning through watching.

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

:Your tone was constant and the same throughout. As for your setup, there’s a humming sound that I’m hearing when you aren’t speaking. Good job, overall. Since this sounds more like a commercial advertisement, you may want to try performing it again with more enthusiasm in your voice: i.e. when you say “Don’t be stuck in life, love, work – or anything! Try Weelearn for yourself today.
      Weelearn – learning through watching”, it sounds like whoever wrote the script is happy about what they are advertising.
      hope this was helpful

TimDKietzman
    Participant

I did this script some months ago and I wanted to try it again. How was my tone, pitch, tempo and recording setup? Also There are two recordings and I’d appreciate feedback on which sounded better. #1 was constructed of the script’s multiple phrases that I did different takes of, while #2 was one careful take of the whole script in one go. Thanks for the feedback.

JC Penney 6
    Your brain has 2 sides. The right side: creative, buys things, has fun. The left side: organized, practical, saves money. Now JC Penney makes both sides happy. It’s the buy more, save more sale. It’s simple, the more you buy, the more you save. 20 to 30%. So use your head. Buy more. Save more. Only at JC Penney.

Attachments:
    Robert Broussard
    Participant

Good read, your matches material quite well, diction and clearness is good too. I like the pacing as well. It is somewhat conversational, but stills sounds like your are reading more than just speaking. Overall good work, keep it up! Hope this helps.

SuperLuke
      Participant

I agree with Robert, you sound like you are reading it, as opposed to performing. Also, great job with the tone and pacing etc. The second performance was the better of the two that you submitted; clearer, more concise, and not as much background noise.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.