Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Jahna Bobolia
    Participant

Hi! I am uploading one track with 2 different takes. My goal is to make both conversational, but with each take my “who” a different person. Questions: How is my pace? Do they both sound conversational? Do the two different tracks sounds as though I am speaking to different people. Thank You!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      debbyc
      Participant

Hi Jahna. I love your voice…very easy to listen to. Your pace is great. My only critique would be that (as a long time Tylenol user) I would like you to really sell me on Advil.

Krista Andersen
      Participant

Hi Jahna, love your voice, easy to listen to. Not sure if I’m catching two different “whos” but definitely different pacing – both are nice and sound conversational.

Jahna Bobolia
        Participant

Hi Krista, Thank you for your feedback!

Keith Paul
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Keith Paul I have just uploaded a couple of recordings. I would very much appreciate, some feedback on them, thank you all very much.

Attachments:
      debbyc
      Participant

Hey Keith. I really liked both of your reads, very conversational. I felt compelled to go out and purchase each item. I would like to suggest that you work on pronunciation of some of the words (ex: Tennessee was hard to understand) .

Keith Paul
        Participant

Thank you very much for your feedback your points are well taken.

Krista Andersen
      Participant

Hi Keith, I enjoyed your reads! I feel I can see you smiling & enjoying both of these products. Maybe some more varied tones for the list words like “your boss, a friend, or a brother”.

Keith Paul
        Participant

Thank you very much for your feedback, I do understand what you mean by varying my tone. I am going to be working on that.

Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hey! I enjoyed listening to your reads! Your pace was good, and the reads sounded conversational, and engaging! Two things I would work on, with the steak sauce copy I would work on the /mmmm tastes good/. My coach always says we want to be able to taste the food so maybe think of a food you love so much that when you take a bite you actually make that sound. For the whiskey copy I would be sure to pronounce the ing at the end of giving.

Keith Paul
        Participant

Thank you very much for your feedback, I will be working on the MMMM tastes good/on the Whiskey copy, you are absolutely right. Thanks again.

Tracy
    Participant

Hello all – I am submitting two short reads for your feedback. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Tracy

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Good morning, I listened to both of your recordings, the words are very clear, the scripts are very understandable. I am assuming the fiduciary script is an explainer, You did a great job on that.

Tracy
        Participant

Thanks so much for your comments and for your time in listening. Much appreciated.

DillonP
    Participant

Sorry that it has been some time since I last posted. Here are two new reads I just did, one commercial and one Narration. Please give me some feedback to help be push forward. I will be submitting more reads to get more feedback to see how I am progressing. Thank you for listening.

Attachments:
    TalVerd
    Participant

Alright, I’ve got 3 performances today that I need feedback on. Specifically, I need performance feedback, not technical feedback. Thanks very much!

Attachments:
      Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hi! I would work on slowing down your pace for both the Dominoes and the H&R block scripts. I also might take a second to write out who you are talking to. Where you are talking with this person, and why you are telling them about this. This helps to make the script sound more conversational. : )

Michelle Stout
    Participant

Hello! This is my first attempt to upload here and was looking for some creative feedback. I’m working on my pacing and diction, while trying to sound natural. Any comments appreciated!

Attachments:
      Eliz_10
      Participant

Hi Michelle,
      Here are my comments: Nice warm quality to your voice; easy to listen to. There is some sort of noise or pop on the “st” on the word Instagram. I think there is slightly too much time between the end of “help us complete the picture” and the beginning of “direct message us…” The words “direct message us to find out” are smushed together and sound more like “direct message justify”. Can you tamp down or shorten the “f” sound on the word Life at the end of the demo? All in all, good job! Regards, Elizabeth

Keith Paul
        Participant

Hi, the Instagram script, your diction is excellent, the read is very conversational. The timing issues is not so much a problem, as we practice more, it will come into play. Keep up the good work.

Michelle Stout
          Participant

Thank you so much Keith! I appreciate you listening and for the encouragement!

Michelle Stout
        Participant

Thank you for listening! I appreciate the feedback. I can definitely work on the timing issues.

Eliz_10
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m submitting a short, playful dialogue between a grandmother and grandchild. My question for those who listen is: are the two voices clearly different and don’t sound like they’re being voiced by the same person? Any other feedback is welcomed.
    Regards,
    Elizabeth

Attachments:
      Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hi! The two voices do sound very different and as though they are being voiced by different people.

Keith Paul
        Participant

Hi, the voices do sound very different, most important to me is that the voices are very engaging. Great Job

Krista Andersen
    Participant

Practicing – looking for feedback. I’ve been trying to work on not having glottal stops and sounding more conversational, less “announcer”. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hi, the tone you used for this script is right on the money. I think you can speed up the script a lit bit more. but all in all it was a good read. Very conversational and you brought out the meaning of the script.

Jahna Bobolia
    Participant

Hello! I am looking for creative feedback for my coaching sessions homework. How is my pacing? Does it sound conversational? Thank you!

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hi, on the American express, you started of with one pace and then ended much slower. the beginning part had a very good pace.
      I thought the pacing on the Club Med was also very slow, I think you could pick up the pace a bit. I’m thinking this is a 30 second spot. Your recording was 39 secs.
      The diction is perfect, your read is very engaging.

Jahna Bobolia
        Participant

Hey Everyone! I am giving it another try with the take 1 and take 2. Going for conversational in both however my “who” changes. Do you hear a difference in the takes?

Attachments:
    dschneider411
    Participant

Hello, Looking for comments on this read — what did you like, what can I do better? Any feedback appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments:
      Alexander Wright
      Participant

I think that sounded really good. Your voice is very good for that type of commercial. I think towards the end the pace was a little different than at the beginning, but I thought it sounded professional. .

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.