Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Artist7
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I would appreciate your comments on two short commercial practice reads. Thanks for your time!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hello, I tried listening for flaws, could not hear any. I read was very conversational, diction was right on point. the tone and delivery would keep the audience interested in the topic. Great Job.

Artist7
        Participant

I really appreciate the feedback-thank you so much!

ScottCarr
      Participant

I like the “smile” in your reads. You make both scripts sound like a fun experience, which is a good thing!

Artist7
        Participant

Thank you for taking the time to listen. I appreciate the feedback!

Stephanie Bowens
    Participant

Greetings fellow awesome voice actors, brand new to this so don’t be too critical. it took me a while to submit from nervousness but in any event here we go! I’m working on my pace, how was it? did I sound engaging? Was it conversational? how was my breathing?

thank you 🙂

Attachments:
      Michelle Stout
      Participant

I think the pacing is a little too fast, which made some of the words a little hard to hear. Lovely voice. Keep up the good work!

Stephanie Bowens
        Participant

Thank you so much for the feedback! I’m going to work on that pace!

tmanning.tix
    Participant

Greetings fellow voicers. Just looking for feedback on a couple of recordings. Any pointers are welcome.

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hi, your tone on the commercials is very warm, but the script was not conversational enough, it sounded like you are reading.

ScottCarr
      Participant

Great voice! I believe you have the potential to do very well. The more you practice those scripts, the more natural and conversational you will become. Keep up the good work!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by ScottCarr.
    Keith Paul
    Participant

Hello everyone, I’m back again looking for your feedback. I have uploaded two reads, please be as candid as possible. I really do appreciate your feedback

Attachments:
      Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hey Keith, I thought the Campbells copy was right on point. Pacing was good, warm. It sounded lovely. My only suggestion would be to take the pause out after Introducing at the beginning of the piece.

Keith Paul
        Participant

Thank you very much for your feedback, your point is well taken.

debbyc
    Participant

Hi all! I have uploaded a couple of narration reads and would appreciate any feedback that you have. I am hoping to sound conversational and sincere on the Allstate Insurance read. The pre boarding read…any and all feedback is appreaciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hi, the All state read, the volume was low and it made it difficult to understand some of the words, The Boarding pass volume waa better and was able to hear all of the words. The boarding pass matched what is heard when boarding at the airport.

debbyc
        Participant

Thank you Keith Paul. I appreciate your feedback!

Talia Hankin
    Participant

Hi! I would be eager to hear any and all feedback on these two commercial reads. Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
      debbyc
      Participant

Hi Talia, the beginning of the Spotify read was chopped off. Maybe take a beat before starting. I really loved the end…conversational and loved the tone of your voice. The Philips read was really nice!

Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hey Talia, These both sound great! Great pace, clear diction, nice and conversational! My only suggestion would be for the Phillips commercial there is a pause at the beginning right after you say At Phillips. Maybe you could play with how the line would sound if you took out the pause. Great work! I have a Tilex commercial on here that I am working on my take 1 and take 2’s. Would love your feedback if you have a chance.

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I’d really appreciate some feedback on these two short commercial reads. Thanks in advance!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Artist7.
    Attachments:
      latyesemca
      Participant

Both reads were beautifully done! I feel like the Cheerios read had some long pauses but overall it was really nice to hear. I also forgot that there was also a berry cheerios version haha. The American cancer society read was really informative! You’re voice sits at a nice place for all your reads.

Artist7
      Participant

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to listen. I appreciate your feedback!

Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hi! Lovely voice! both commercials sounded strong with pacing, diction, delivery. My only suggestion, I would be careful of pauses after periods. I think maybe in the Cheerios commercial your pacing was lovely then a period would hit and a pause would occur.

Keith Paul
        Participant

Hi, nice read, on both. On the American cancer, there were two words that were difficult to pick up “Ask” and the word before “habit” i could not recognize that word at all.

Bil-Bo
    Participant

Coors Beer

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hi, great read, I love the tone and interpretation of the script. I would have to agree with the “D” at the end of cold, it does need some attention.

Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hi! I agree great read! Very conversational and easy going. I also agree with Michelle just gives those /d/s a little attention at the end of cold.

Michelle Stout
      Participant

Love your voice on this read! Very soothing. My only critique is a few times on the word “cold” I couldn’t hear the “d” come through. Nice pacing and overall great job!

Jahna Bobolia
    Participant

Hey Everyone! I am giving it another try with the take 1 and take 2. Going for conversational in both however my “who” changes. Do you hear a difference in the takes?

Attachments:
      Krista Andersen
      Participant

Hi Jahna – definitely hear the difference on these reads! Great job with changing it up!

Artist7
      Participant

Hi, I do hear a difference between the takes, and prefer the second one. It’s a much smoother read and sounds more conversational. Nice job!

debbyc
    Participant

Hi Everyone, I am looking for feedback on two narration scripts. The first is a Real Estate Home Tour. I am attempting to sell a prospective buyer on this wonderful home. How do I sound? Am I convincing? How is my pace? Am I descriptive in my attempt to sell you! The second script is a narration piece about a badger family in Yellowstone Park. My visual is that I am narrating a documentary on Yellowstone Park. How do I sound? I would love some constructive criticism on this one. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      Keith Paul
      Participant

Hi, on the home tour narration, sometimes your volume goes down very low that the meaning is lost.
      On the Yellow stone narration, the read was really good and inviting.

debbyc
        Participant

Thank you, Keith Paul. I appreciate your feedback!

Jahna Bobolia
      Participant

Hi! I really enjoyed the Yellowstone read. I thought the pacing was good. I found it warm and informational which felt right on point for the piece.

debbyc
        Participant

Jahna Bobolia thank you. I appreciate your feedback.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.