Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    NoreenQuadir
    Participant

Hi – I did some practice commercial samples on my phone and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chad4674
    Participant

Hello!

Ok, this is my very first recording and first one added to the forum. Please be provide feedback as can certainly use all the help in the world! 🙂 Thank you to everyone in advance!

Attachments:
      Chad4674
      Participant

Sorry as you have probably guessed I’m new. 🙂 here’s a mp3 version

Attachments:
        [email protected]
        Participant

Hi Chad, I still could only hear a small amount of your voice, not sure if its’ my computer or your file. I did like the sound of your voice from what I could manage to hear, sounded like a great fit for that type of commercial. I’ve been recently recording/exporting files on Audacity, you can download it for free 🙂

[email protected]
      Participant

Hi Chad, I had trouble with downloading and hearing your recording. Maybe try download it as an MP3 file..Welcome to the forum!

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi! Looking forward to your feedback on the following, always grateful for your help! 🙂

Attachments:
      Shmuel
      Participant

I hear an echo in all the reads.
      Beer can – vary the energy like you did with Pepsi.
      Cadillac – you need a more luxurious and or take-charge read, GET OUT OF THE WAY !!!
      Pepsi – ohmygawd you are perfect for this. I would consider embracing the quirky, cutesy type of commercials. Done right, they are a lot of fun, and can get get a lot of attention. It fits your personality.
      With you success !

[email protected]
        Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback/help, glad you liked the Pepsi recording! I’ve been struggling with the Cadillac recording and will work on a more take charge read…thanks again!

NoreenQuadir
      Participant

I like these! For the second one, I would give more contrast between “others talk about it…” and “we make cards…” just to make it stand out and pop out more.

[email protected]
        Participant

Thanks so much! I appreciate your suggestions for the second recording too~

Chad4674
      Participant

I enjoyed hearing each of the scripts. Each of them I enjoyed the energy you brought to the scripts. the last commercial I truly felt and laughed because I think we have all been there. 🙂 great job on each recording.

Chad4674
        Participant

Hello all,
        Here is the same script I attached before but in mp3 format. Please give me your honest feedback as I am new and want to become really good at voiceovers. 🙂

Attachments:
        [email protected]
        Participant

Thanks so much Chad, really appreciate your comments, its very helpful! The last commercial was my favorite one to practice since its so relatable 🙂

SteveVO
    Participant

First time with medical narration. Would welcome any feedback. Thanks, Steve.

A guidewire is inserted into the femoral artery up through the iliac artery and into the contra-lateral iliac artery. Module one delivery system is inserted through the femoral artery. It slides over the guidewire and is positioned between the two iliac arteries. Using radio pake markers, the delivery system is positioned so that the gateway is facing the aortic trunk during deployment. As the operator retracts the outer sheath, module one begins to deploy. The guidewire is pulled back and then pushed forward through the gateway of module one. Module two slides over the guidewire and is correctly aligned with the gateway. The outer sheath is retracted and module two expands. Module two hourglass waist is now securely coupled inside the gateway of the first module. Module three is inserted and aligned so that the fabric begins just below the lower renal artery. Outward protruding barbs assist in fixing module three in place.

Attachments:
      Shmuel
      Participant

Nailed it. Sound great, enunciation great, pace great. After listening to this, I’m sure I can pass my medical boards thanks to you.

SteveVO
        Participant

Thanks 🙂 I appreciate that.

SteveVO
    Participant

A boy comes running up, and he asks, “What exactly is the ocean? What is the sea?”
    You could hit him with a lot of statistics and Latin names, but the answer isn’t something you’ll find in a book. To really know what the ocean is, you have to see it for yourself. And hear it. And taste it. You have to feel its power.

Attachments:
      [email protected]
      Participant

I liked the richness/tone of your voice and great emotion in the the ocean recording, it made want to be there too. Perhaps for the medical narration maybe add a little more inflection on key words, also your sound was great for both of the recordings.

SteveVO
        Participant

Thanks a lot. I appreciate that.

mara_sherman
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here are some practice Narrations I did. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Attachments:
      cbehrens
      Participant

I thought all three of your narrations were clear — well done! It sounded as if you might have been expressing a smile along with the “welcome” statement in the final narration, which matched the tone of a welcome message.

SteveVO
      Participant

Mara, you have a very pleasant voice that I can hear doing these sorts of scripts. I think you could speed up the tempo a little on all three scripts without losing the listener. I think, too, if you took the tonality of the third script and applied it to the first two Delta scripts, it would a little more like you’re talking to the listener. Nice work.

SteveVO
    Participant

Thanks for any feedback. Focusing on travel scripts right now.

Welcome to Hershey, the Great American Chocolate Town, where families come together for a taste of the sweet life. Tucked in the rolling hills of Central Pennsylvania, this idyllic escape offers the latest and greatest in entertainment and hospitality, fused with the traditions of one of America’s original success stories.

Attachments:
      mara_sherman
      Participant

Hi Steve! You sound great, very clear and the recording sounded pro. I would just add a bit more chocolatey sweetness to highlight certain parts maybe to add a little more differentiation. Awesome job!

SteveVO
        Participant

Thanks. I appreciate that.

John Trape
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am attaching three scripts and would very much welcome any and all feedback.

Thank you,

John

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by John Trape.
    Attachments:
      RYoung
      Participant

Good work on this genre John! I like your storytelling ability to connect with the listener, very nice. My only critique would be some of the long pauses in the last two reads, it breaks up the flow, unless you had another reason to separate the lines, not sure?

John Trape
        Participant

I am very grateful for your feedback and I know what you mean about the pauses – I have to work on this.

Regards,

John

SteveVO
    Participant

Thanks for any feedback on this script:
    I’d like to welcome you to one of the wonders of the world: the National Gallery of Art. This is one of the most significant and extensive art collections in the world, exhibiting various masterpieces and the only painting by Leonardo found on American soil. The gallery was founded on the initiative of a former United States Secretary of the Treasury, Andrew Mellon. Mellon donated his collection of 121 works of art to the country, which include “St. George and the Dragon” by Raphael and “The Annunciation” by Jan van Eyck, as well as five Rembrandts and several paintings by Titian, in the conviction that other collectors would also be encouraged to do so. Many followed his example and today the gallery has almost 7,500 works that range from Byzantine art to modern day pieces, including, among others, the masterpieces of Leonardo, Vermeer, El Greco, Turner, Monet, van Gogh and Picasso. In the upcoming audio files, I’ll take you on a tour of their works.

Attachments:
      RYoung
      Participant

Hi Steve, pleasant and welcoming audio tour! This one has a lot of lists which you handled very well! The inflections are good as well. I would just invest a little more emotion to entice the listener in describing the museum initially and the last sentence could emphasize “you” and “their works” if that makes sense, great work and good to hear a familiar voice!

mvacc
    Participant

Hi All,
    Attached is a practice read from the script library:

Jim Henson Museum
    Welcome to The Jim Henson museum, located on the very creek where Jim first thought up his alter ego and good friend, Kermit the Frog. Many of Jim’s creations are on display here, and there’s a play area for the youngsters.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Attachments:
      mvacc
      Participant

Please disregard my attachments above. I’m having trouble editing / deleting them. Below is the mp3.

Thanks!

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.