Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    JTLeyba
    Participant

Hello everyone! Just looking for some feedback on some practice Vo’s, much appreciated.
    Culvers: Guess what! Culver’s sweet potato fries are back! Sweet and salty and cooked to a crispy finish! Don’t forget its for a limited time so hurry on down to culver, because it’s always snack o’clock somewhere.

Caribou Coffee: When everything is getting you down, perk up with a caribou coffee. Our slow, dark roasted, coffee is perfect for that never ending day, or that meeting that totally could have been an email. Life is short, stay awake for it. Caribou Coffee

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by JTLeyba.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Lilbelle1487
      Participant

JTLeyba,
      I love your reads. some words seemed forced or have too much energy. They punch you in the face. For example, “are BACK” in the Culvers read and “Perk up” with the Caribou Coffee. Other than that and maybe relaxing the reads a bit, these are great!

JTLeyba
        Participant

Thanks! Will do!

NoreenQuadir
    Participant

I did some practice commercial VO recordings and would appreciate any feedback. Note these were recorded via my phone for practice. Thanks much!

Attachments:
      JTLeyba
      Participant

Great job practicing! Your diction was excellent and I could easily understand every word. My suggestions would be to ad a bit a more pep and excitement to your reading. Pretend like your telling your best friend about the latest new trend or product that you just found and love. Keep up the practice, your doing great!

taylorn.quinn
    Participant

Hi all-long time no see (or shall I say hear haha). I am starting my narration demo process and and wondering what you all think of this. I know its not the best editing wise but I am looking for feedback on how I sound. Thank you so much!

Taylor

Script: Baxter Industries has implemented a series of strategic actions, to reduce costs, improve shareholder value,
    and extend its leadership position worldwide.The actions address the dramatic changes underway in the U.S. health-care system,
    and accelerate growth of the company’s medical-technology businesses worldwide.
    Baxter has reorganized its U.S. sales force into cross-divisional, regional teams.
    This customer-driven initiative establishes a sales structure that mirrors the emerging health-care networks,
    and a team-selling approach that provides customers with one primary point of contact.

Attachments:
      JTLeyba
      Participant

I like it! Your voice is easy going and pleasant to listen too! Overall your diction and word stress was spot on, the only spots I felt you had trouble on were Customer-Driven (Slurred Driven) and your pleasant tone dropped off at world wide. Other than that good job! Good luck with your demo!

Jorjecat09
    Participant

Hi Everyone – This is my first time posting and actually hearing my recorded voice. Sending this in for homework. Totally looking forward to your honest feedback. The first is Peet’s Coffee, second is History Channel and the third is Honey Bunches of Oats. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Andrea
      Participant

Hi there, you need to upload .mp3 files 🙂
      Looking forward to listening to them!

Jorjecat09
        Participant

Oh wow thanks Andrea! I’ll try to figure out how to convert it to an mp3 and then repost. Thanks again

Andrea
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Here’s another homework assignment script. I’m experimenting with different narration scripts to see what works for my voice. I would appreciate any feedback on delivery and connection to the script.

Thank you!

WATERLASE HYDROKINETIC PROCEDURE (tutorial)
    Your dentist wants you to watch this video, so that you are completely comfortable with your upcoming Waterlase HydroKinetic procedure. The Waterlase uses technology for a variety of dental procedures, one or more of which you require. We want you to be informed. So in the next 15 minutes, you will learn about the latest care options, and how they will affect you. Using the supplied video glasses, you will ‘virtually’ experience the entire procedure. At anytime, you can pause the presentation and choose an option from the Comfort Care Menu, linked below.

Attachments:
      Chad4674
      Participant

I really like your voice however I hear an echo in the background which made it a little hard to understand. specifically when you said this line I needed to play it over: “The Waterlase uses technology for a variety of dental procedures, one or more of which you require”.

overall pace was good enough from me to follow along. great job.

Andrea
        Participant

Thanks Chad. My studio setup is not great — yet, so maybe that’s why there was an echo.

DAYLIGHTVO
    Participant

Hey everyone! This forum has really been great in developing my skills in VO along with my coaching. I am uploading two new spots and would like to hear what feedback I get before the next session- maybe I could tweak it before. Thanks in advance.
    -N.Roberts

JTLeyba
    Participant

Hello! I’m trying to practice my scripts for a new demo reel, any feedback help as I am a complete newbie. Please and thanks!

Attachments:
    [email protected]
    Participant

Looking forward to your comments/suggestions, thanks for listening! 🙂

Attachments:
      Shmuel
      Participant

Julie,
      Sound good, no echo, no plosives. First read had low volume, then it went up. The volume should be even. And there was a pop at the end when you stopped recording.
      First read you nee to tone down the acting just a bit. It sounds too sultry and “I’ve got a secret”-y.
      Second read should be more fun. It’s a Zoo. Wild . I might consider doing a fast read with the discount ticket from Kroger. Ask your coach about this, though.
      Third read, you gotta be a bit more p****d. This is a Time Share, one of the nation’s biggest and longest lasting rip-offs. build up your anger, and then the coup de grace with the “oh, yeah”
      Still a great voice, keep at it.
      Wish you success!

Jorjecat09
      Participant

Your tone in the first and third read were a bit monotone. if you can elevate your voice or use a different cadence i think you’d be good to go! My favorite was the 2nd read. it gave a lot more energy and it was inviting

Chad4674
      Participant

Hi Julie,

the last one definitely hit home as I too have bought a timeshare to never use it. 🙂 all sounded good however I hear a “click” at the end. That may be something for editing just to make sure that’s not included in your recording. Overall good work!

Chad4674
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

Please review my recent commercial script for my latest homework assignment. Thank you.

Attachments:
      ericazetti
      Participant

Very natural, warm delivery. Pace was great too!

mara_sherman
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here are some Commercial scripts I recorded for homework. Thanks so much for all of your feedback!

Attachments:
      Christy Spadafore
      Participant

Hi Mara, nice job! Overall I think your pacing is very good and I really like your voice. I think a little more variety within the scripts would be good. For example in the first one, maybe set it up as problem and solution. The first line is the problem – ‘Are you tired…” and then the next several lines offer the solution. Very good work, keep it up!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.