Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Amitofu
    Participant

Hey, Just finished with my first demo!! Super excited but kinda wary. Please let me know what you honestly think! Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Libby Ronon
      Participant

Woah! This is great! I agree with RYoung, but I think this is a wonderful demo (and so awesome that it’s your first!)

RYoung
      Participant

Hi Amitofu, your voice is very refreshing and youthful sounding. All great samples and productions! My only comment would be to add downward inflections or at least even to avoid sounding like a question like Discord and Nature Valley, the others were spot on, great job and good luck!

RYoung
    Participant

This was an audition I recently submitted, I thought it came out decent though keep in mind lot’s of competition out there! Any comments are welcome, thanks.

Attachments:
      Official81
      Participant

The audio quality is amazing you blended the music in very well. And your voice pulls it all together, I was able to remain focused on your message until the end. Very nice work.

Amitofu
      Participant

I think this one is really good. Excelent job!

RYoung
    Participant

Friday night fun!

Attachments:
      Bil-Bo
      Participant

Hey Rich
      I like it! GREAT character voice could be used for lots of things. Try some more “Good Ole Boy” spots and include this “guy” in your bag of tricks. Most demos I hear sound like the same guy over and over with his mid-west “neutral” accent. You’ve got chops. Hope you’re ringing the bell with some casting directors. Best luck to you!
      BillH

RYoung
        Participant

Thanks Bill appreciate it!

Amitofu
      Participant

Uh to be honest, between the music and your ennuciation it was a little hard to make out what you were saying. It certainly wasn’t bad but it was a little bit of a struggle :/

Bil-Bo
    Participant

Campbell’s Home Cookin’
    What do Campbell’s kids eat when they’re not kids anymore? Introducing new Chicken and Pasta with Roasted Garlic from Campbell’s. Imagine perfectly diced chicken simmered in rich chicken broth and seasoned with robust notes of roasted garlic ….all brimming with crisp garden celery, fresh carrots, and deliciously plump penne and rotini. Home Cookin’ Soup that’s a lot more seasoned. But then….so are you. Home Cookin’ Campbell’s. Good for the body. Good for the Soul.

Attachments:
      Official81
      Participant

Hey Bil-Bo! Standing O is all I am going to say!

Amitofu
      Participant

Amazing job! really really outstanding!

Only two things I noticed for posterity (and this is just me being neurotic and sometimes picking up on non-issues), is:

The second line “Introducing new Chicken and Pasta with Roasted Garlic from Campbell’s”
      You read ‘Roasted garlic’ with like a slight extra emphasis that changed the dynamic just a pinch. made it sound a little more like a seperate item, rather than a flavor of the chicken & pasta.

Then later at: “[…] deliciously plump penne and rotini. [X] Home Cookin’ Soup that’s a lot more seasoned”
      At the X, it feels like the sentences were pushed too close together in the editing process.

Both are complaints subjective and honestly not very noticable overall. I’d absolutely hire you based off of this.

darleneharris
    Participant

Hi All! Looking for any feedback on this read for my narration demo. Thanks!

Music is a language just like you would read aloud from a book. The symbols you will see on pages of sheet music have been used for hundreds of years. They represent the pitch, speed, and rhythm of the song they convey, as well as expression and techniques used by a musician to play the piece. Think of the notes as the letters, the measures as the words, the phrases as the sentences and so forth. In the following video, we will explore the basics of learning to read music, first by going through the staff and the two clefs, and then the notes on the staff.

Attachments:
      Amitofu
      Participant

Sounds good! great job – no complaints.

ElcysVoice
    Participant

A THIEF ACCUSED

M-me? steal the gem M’lord? laughable, really! I’ll admit, I’ve done some petty burglary in the past… But! but, I served my time for that! These preposterous accusations… do you really think I’d be capable of such a heist? P-please M’lord you must reconsider, please? You can’t be serious M’lord you must understand! No! Please, have mercy!

Hi! I’m trying my voice out on a script that is outside of my normal delivery. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments:
      Amitofu
      Participant

It was good and importantly clear. For something that’s out of your normal repitoire, I think it’s worth honing and fleshing out. That being said, it sounds a little stilted, like an impression of the accent instead of the casual accent itself, which in your case I think will easily iron out by repeated use. If you want a point of reference, you can find a youtube video of the VA for Hermes from the cartoon Futurama. Phil LaMarr is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=p7pGdlxbooU

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Amitofu.
    Wes@1972
    Participant

Eddie Bauer
    • As the leaves begin to turn, so do our thoughts to brisk fall days, and cool autumn leaves. This fall, we’re all about living in layers; the layers of your clothing, and the layers of your life.

• At Eddie Bauer, living in layers allows you to be comfortable indoors, outdoors, and in every aspect of your day. It means easier transitions from work to lying low at home, or getting away on weekends.

• The Eddie Bauer Autumn Collection. When comfort is key.

Attachments:
      Official81
      Participant

Your voice sounds great! This read sounded choppy I would try sounding more conversational so that it doesn’t seem like your reading. And the pauses for punctuation sometimes aren’t necessary. If you interpret the script by determining the tone, who is listening, where they are listening, and why they are listening. Also what I’ve just learned to really get the conversational sound, is to identify glottal stops.

darleneharris
      Participant

Great work. Very smooth and varied delivery.

Lilbelle1487
      Participant

This read is leaps and bounds better than your Cabela’s read I personally think. I really enjoyed listening to it and how smooth it was. I don’t know if you have read anything or had jobs before, but you sound almost identical to https://youtu.be/3PgCiEw9OSQ this Bush’s Baked Beans Gentleman! Way to go!

ericazetti
    Participant

Hi everyone! Posting my hw from my previous session. Any and all feedback welcome! Thank you!

Attachments:
      darleneharris
      Participant

Great work! Nice energy and tone on both reads, especially the second.

Lilbelle1487
      Participant

Great job overall!! You have a really nice energy about your voice. At the start of the Glade though I didn’t hear that until the end. It went from one mood to another. The ending was fantastic. The second read was wonderful!

Wes@1972
      Participant

Nice job with the editing! Good differentiation in tone throughout reads.

Wes@1972
    Participant

Cabela’s

• Like you, we can’t get enough of the outdoors. It’s in our blood, our work, and in our nature®.
    • So when you buy branded gear, you’re buying tradition, you’re buying exceptional expertise and a better product. It’s gear that’s built to help you get more outdoors for your money. Gear so well made, it’s backed up with our legendary lifetime guarantee.
    • Look for the green badge. It represents the best value and quality anywhere. Cabela’s – for a lifetime.

Attachments:
      Lilbelle1487
      Participant

I really love your voice, but I get lost in the read. It all seems to run together with nothing to keep me interested in the product. And each line seems to be something you could say as a line by itself. If it is supposed to be connected then should hear a flow into each new sentence verse a sound of ending. I hope that makes sense.

Lilbelle1487
    Participant

Homework Week 3- Still working to slow down, show some change in tone, answer the when, what, and where’s. Getting close to preparing the demo. I’ve redone the Disney ad and have two more solid ones to work with I feel like. Need to know if I feel connected, that it feels conversational and not a read.

Disney World –
    Stay in the Magic at a Disney Resort Hotel. So close to the parks you can make all your Disney wishes come true. And Now save up to 30% on rooms at Select Disney Resort hotels. Imagine the magic of staying here.
    Box Lunch –
    Bibbity Bobbity New! Keep up with the cool kids and make BoxLunch your home for all your fun gifts and nerdy clothing. With new Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures, geeky bags and Disney tees, you’ll never miss out again.
    World Vision –
    World Vision’s total operating expenses are used for programs that benefit children, families, and communities in need. Learn more at worldvision.org

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.