Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Shmuel
    Participant

A practice sample for narration. Welcome message of American Airlines (taken from the library here). Your feedback is requested, especially since I am recording in a new environment. Thanks !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      greta_j
      Participant

Good pacing overall. I like your voice for this genre, especially your lower tones. Clean up annunciation on words beginning with “pr-” like “presentation.” I think you’re doing well with ups and downs in pitch and you do it at the right places like the line “… aircraft on which you are flying.” Keep up the good work! Best///Greta

suecat
    Participant

Hey Everybody, Looking for feedback – help with this read. Thanks for listening and your feedback.
    Advil
    Muscle aches? Nothing is proven more effective or longer lasting than Advil. For long-lasting relief of muscle aches, count on Advil. In a recent clinical study, Advil was found to work better than Tylenol in relieving the pain of sore muscles the day after exercise. No wonder doctors recommend Advil for muscle aches more than any other non-prescription brand. ADVIL — Advanced medicine for pain.

Attachments:
      danielh04
      Participant

I felt like the pacing was a little bit too fast, it’s okay to slow down in some reads, I did enjoy hearing your voice and felt like it was right, would definitely watch out for when you’re saying “Advil”, make sure you’re enunciating correctly on the letter D which can sometimes get lost. Overall keep up the good work!

suecat
        Participant

Thank you for listening and really appreciate your observation! That’s what helps us get better! I will definitely work on my pace and keep my ear out for my enunciation — It’s my lazy southern tongue! Thank you so much!

Sherry Newell
    Participant

Hi all! Working on some homework, any and all feedback welcome! Thanks 🙂

Attachments:
      Sheila Harris
      Participant

Hi there. I thought you had great energy with the Crayola piece, especially since it’s centered around children. Nice job!

Don Sack
      Participant

Hey Sherry!
      The Crayola piece was very good! If there is no slate, slow down some and the the enunciation will be even clearer.
      Rock on!

danielh04
      Participant

Lovely reads Sherry! These reads definitely suit you and your voice. I was even smiling through the Six Flags and Crayola ones as you went on.

suecat
      Participant

Hey Sherry,
      Your voice is warm and friendly. Your performances were very nice. I could even hear your smile in the Crayola performance. Great work! I look forward to hearing more!

greta_j
      Participant

Hi Sherry! Nice reads! I especially like your flow on Exedrin and Crayola. Overall, clear tone and committed style on all. Six Flags could be even more WOW!. In Six Flags, watch out for your regional accent coming out on “adventure” as it sounded more like “ad-vin-ture.” On Crayola, you can soften the “r”s just a touch! Keep it up! Awesome job! /Greta

greta_j
    Participant

Hi folks! I’m seeking feedback on these 3 commercial reads – specifically style, tone, and believability – as well as audio quality and sound treatment of my studio. Testing out some new equipment! Should I do any minor effects like normalizing or condensing? Thanks as always for your time! /Greta

Attachments:
      Don Sack
      Participant

Hey Greta!
      Very nice, soothing voice. Not fer nuttin’ but I think you can cut down on gaps and pauses. I do it too thinking it has some sort of dramatic effect……na.
      Rock On!

Shmuel
      Participant

Hi greta,
      Only listened to the first one. Sound is good.
      There was some silence at the beginning, and I thought something was wrong with the file or my computer.
      It sounds like you are reading. Get some acting in to it. At the beginning, when you are in trouble, let’s hear your frustration.
      And then it dawns on you that you have this solution. Let’s hear that light bulb “ding” the first time you say it, like you did way at the end (which was pretty good, btw).
      You have a great voice, and wish you success!

greta_j
        Participant

Thanks! That’s perfect feedback!

tianabarksdale
    Participant

Hello All,

Like many of you, I am seeking feedback couple of reads. Thanks in advance!

-tiana b.

Attachments:
      greta_j
      Participant

Hi Tiana! Your pacing as a whole is great and nice to listen to. You have a very young and fresh sound. I would suggest watching the pacing of each individual word, making sure not to skip over words like “digitally.” Keep rockin’ it!

adriannagregory11
    Participant

More feedback please! haha. I’m stuck with this read on a certain intonation and pace, and it doesn’t sound quite right to me, would love any ideas :).

Attachments:
      tianabarksdale
      Participant

Hey Adrianna,

Beautiful, natural tone. Your pacing is also great and relaxed which is spot on for this specific read. However, I noticed that you tend to fall off or fall a bit flat a bit towards the end of your sentences. Figure out what message needs to be communicated through the copy and which words, per sentence, highlight that message. For example, in your opening sentence, I would use a stronger infliction on “with opportunities to learn and thrive” since this is one of the key messages.

Also, in the second sentence, when you mention “with his skills and her talents,” I believe this would be a spot cutting to a scene of a boy and then a girl? – maybe try switching your tone to show the transition/comparison of subject.

Hope this helps 🙂

-tiana b

adriannagregory11
    Participant

Would love some feedback on my recording for Sandals Resorts :). Much appreciated!!

Attachments:
    EdSoliz
    Participant

This is my third attempt as the site is being weird, I’m posting but don’t see the post after the fact; apologies if it looks like I’m spamming.

Got some more homework. I’m working on slowing down and sounding more conversational which is tricky when you’re a fast talker. 😉

For comparison, I’m including a second recording of the last script at my ‘normal speed.’

—–
    At Freshii you can customize your entree and be your own culinary master. So what’s in your custom bowl? Tex Mex with black beans and a little salsa fresca? Teriyaki twist with a pop of pineapple? Whatever your fresh idea is, get any 2 bowls for just $12.99! Freshii – Eat. Energize!

Butterball brings you the joys of turkey day. Friends and family drop in to bask in the warmth of the season. Celebrate this summer with Butterball turkey on the grill. Tender, juicy, surprisingly simple. HAPPY THANKSGRILLING from Butterball.

Peace of mind is waiting to meet you all across the country. In towns big and small, there’s a New York Life agent who can help you to secure your future and protect your family. New York Life–The Company You Keep.

Attachments:
    Don Sack
    Participant

Greetings!
    Getting back into the swing so to speak.
    Here are four recordings, two each of the same; compare and comment?
    Rock On!

Attachments:
    VernDavis5
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to keep a certain flow with pauses while maintaining a tone of voice with little emotion. I’m not sure what other trials and errors I have to go through, but I would love to hear some input from you all!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by VernDavis5.
    Attachments:
      Don Sack
      Participant

Vern, Ditto on suecat’s comments. Move toward getting the recording much clearer and no back round noise. Edge can help with getting you going on a good recording atmosphere; also You Tube, eh?
      Rock On!

suecat
      Participant

Hey Vern,
      It sounded as if you had a different tone for each performance – I hope that was your intent. The volume was very low so I could barely hear you. It sounded as if there was a consistent hum in the mic and your voice sounded a bit slurred. The noise factor skewed your performance. So I look forward to hearing more.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.