Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Evette75
    Participant

Hi – adding more reads for greatly appreciated feedback.

Blue Diamond Almonds
    Get Your Good Going. Good is in every Blue Diamond Almond. Good is Contagious. Good adds flavor to our lives. Blue Diamond Almonds.

Description of dish
    Sesame Salmon with Green Onions and Lemon
    Simple yet radically sophisticated, this dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. If you have access to fresh ramps or baby leeks, use them instead of green onions, and sub pea shoots (or your favorite baby lettuce or microgreens) for the arugula. Black sesame seeds lend lovely contrast to the vibrant red-orange fish, but regular will do the job, too.

Swanson Flavor Boost
    Swanson Flavor Boost concentrated broth. In easy-to-use packets. Add flavor instantly to skillet dishes, stir fries and more. Never make a less-than delicious dish again. Swanson Flavor Boost – Just what your skillet’s been waiting for. The secret is Swanson.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tfconf70
      Participant

These sound great! I wouldn’t change a thing on the blue diamond almonds one. One minor comment on the dish description…sounded like an unnecessary pause before “for the arugula”. And no comments on the Swanson flavor boost. Great job!

Evette75
        Participant

Thank you tfconf70!

HelpYourself
    Participant

I would like feedback on my recording. I joined Edge Studio because I am a voice talent for my job and I would like to improve my skills. I would appreciate it if you would listen to my script and provide feedback.
    Thanks so much.
    Sharon C.

Attachments:
      tfconf70
      Participant

FMLA spot was great. At the end of the service now spot, I heard “start” as “stort”, but it was minor, otherwise great job. Toastmasters spot also sounded great. Well done!

HelpYourself
    Participant

I am a Healthy for Life Facilitator for the American Heart Association and I would like feedback on my recording. I joined Edge Studio because I am a voice talent for my job and I would like to improve my skills. I would appreciate it if you would listen to my script and provide feedback.
    Thanks so much.
    Sharon C.

Attachments:
    SuperLuke
    Participant

Hello everyone in the Feedback Forum. Now that my first animation demo is completed, I’m working on my narration skills and building muscle memory for being different characters on the spot for audiobooks. Please feel free to have a listen as I narrate the first Jack Reacher novel, ‘Killing Floor” by Lee Child. Comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Attachments:
    KSchladen
    Participant

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I’m excited to become a part of the community.

I’ve taken a couple of voiceover classes at my local acting school and am working on becoming more experienced before I have a commercial demo put together. Could I please get some feedback on a few recordings I did as practice? I admittedly still find it a bit difficult to direct myself 🙂 I appreciate you all!

Attachments:
      Evette75
      Participant

Awesome job! Love the contrast from each read; no two sounded the same.

SuperLuke
      Participant

Good job with the recording quality and the performance. Welcome to the forum

tfconf70
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m brand new to VoiceOver work, and this is my first homework assignment. Appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!

Attachments:
    suecat
    Participant

Hey Community, Please help me out with your feedback. Thank you!

Ziploc 2
    Only Ziploc brand bags have a unique interlocking zipper to lock in freshness in a way no other bag can. When it comes out this fresh, you know it went in a Ziploc bag. Ziploc. We’ve got a lock on freshness.

Intuition
    Now there’s a solution to the soap-opera of shaving. Introducing Intuition. The only all-in-one razor that lathers and shaves in one easy step. You’ll never need shave gel, soap or body wash again, because Intuition’s triple blades are surrounded by a unique Skin Conditioning Solid. With just water, it smooths and soothes to give you soft, smooth, touchable skin with every shave. Shaving’s never been so simple.

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

Good recording quality. But while listening to the ziploc commercial, I could hear a lot of pauses. And it felt like it was too slow. You may want to work on pacing yourself a little faster, to sound more dynamic for the commercial performance. Make yourself more desirable to your audience.

hope this critique helps

suecat
        Participant

Thank you so much SuperLuke! So grateful you listened and commented. I accept any and all of the help one can give! I will pay more attention to my pace! I’m loving this profession — it’s keeping me on my toes! Thanks again for listening and especially for your critique!

tamara37
    Participant

Hello everyone! I am newbie and would appreciate any feedback on the attached unedited script recordings 🙂

Attachments:
      suecat
      Participant

Hey Tamara, You don’t sound like a newbie! You have a very lovely voice. All 3 performances were conversational. You actually make my hold time on the phone a delightful! Your smile shown through on the JC Penny read! Great job!

AndrewHunter
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m glad I came across this support group online. I didn’t know where to turn to for feedback. I’m inexperienced with the voice-acting, and I’m told all the time I have some type of announcer voice. Anyways I figured I’d give it a shot and see where this goes.

What does everyone think of these scripts found on here? Thanks a bunch for your feedback!

Attachments:
      JM Saunders
      Participant

The four recordings you posted really show your range, but I will admit I liked the American Airlines and Alamo ones best, I think because they sound like your natural voice. For the American Airlines one, I would suggest you work a little more to convey confidence and reassurance in your voice (since that’s what airline customers are ultimately looking for, I think). I liked the “fun” tone in your voice for the Alamo one, really went with the words of the script.

SuperLuke
        Participant

I agree with JM Saunders about the American Airline recording sounding more like your regular voice. It sounds more realistic and believable than your “Theif” recording. In the voiceover world, we aim to sound realistic and believable.

AndrewHunter
          Participant

Thank you JM Saunders and SuperLuke for your feedback! I will be more mindful to sound more authentic and not try too hard. I’ll also keep in mind the confidence factor in my voice.

Lilbelle1487
    Participant

Working on my commercial conversational read going into my demo. I need to hear feedback on my breathing and flow of conversation. Is my tone changing and can you hear the intent? Would love to hear as much feedback as possible, Thanks 😀 Scripts from Edges Library. Also, If you have heard me before. I have new equipment and I need to know if its hard to hear or any sound quality issues.

Crayola Markers
    Crayola Color Wonder Markers color only on special paper. So your kids can express their creativity more often…in more places…with less mess. Crayola Color Wonder. It starts with Crayola.

Popeye’s Chicken
    Got a cravin’ for Cajun? Come along for some New Orleans style fried chicken, cajun battered fries, and buttermilk biscuits. Love that chicken at Popeye’s.

Attachments:
      Notetaker32
      Participant

Hey! Thanks for sharing your talent. I haven’t heard your previous recordings, but it was definitely softer than other recordings I’ve listened to here. I just had to adjust my speakers higher and it was fine.

Your voice has a nice quality. I noticed a few breaks where a conversation with a friend wouldn’t have them. For example, between “markers” and “color” or “chicken” and “at Popeye’s”. As you smooth it out more, it will feel like I’m talking to my next-door neighbor!

Bill Mahoney
      Participant

Hello… You have a very relatable voice – one that will serve you well soon. It appears you are being very careful in your read. It is a good read, but you can take it to another level. I listened to your recording a few times, and all I thought, was you were saying the words, but only partially owning the script. That is not a negative, as we all do that from time to time. If you were saying these exact script words to a friend, the words would just fall off your lips, because you wouldn’t be thinking about it. You would just be talking. Picture someone you trust when reading this again, and you will see a big difference. Also, don’t push the “Less mess” part – your voice actually got louder. It seems like a short statement like that should be emphasized, but it should be a flowing emphasis – nat an increased modulation. Overall, your talent level is infinite. Keep working on your craft, and you will be unstoppable.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.