Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    waninick
    Participant

Hey gang…!

Doing a little practice these days. Since it has been a while, thought I would see how you think I am doing.

Amendment3
    In states across America,
    Voters decide gambling issues.
    Floridians once had that power, too.
    With Amendment 3, we will again.
    Amendment 3 restores control of gambling to voters
    Not politicians
    Not gambling lobbyists
    YOU
    That’s why gambling lobbyists are spending millions falsely attacking Amendment 3
    They don’t want voters in charge
    Florida’s top newspapers agree
    Put the power in the hands of the voters
    By voting YES to Amendment 3

Voting Record
    Election season is here.
    Remember, who you vote for is secret
    But whether you vote is public information
    Your friends, family, and neighbors can look up your voting record
    This year, whether by mail, early, or on Nov 2nd
    Be sure to Make a Plan to Vote!
    And after the election your voting record will be updated based on your participation on Nov 2nd
    So, Vote, on or by Nov 2nd.

I know the room is in the mix a lot more than I would like, so ignore that…!

Thanks for your time.

TimG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      RoxyMel
      Participant

These both sound quite professional to me. Your voice sounds sincere, the pace seems good and your intonations seem very appropriate. Also the music seems to accentuate nicely.

waninick
    Participant

Hey gang…!

Doing a little practice these days. Since it has been a while, thought I would see how you think I am doing.

Amendment3
    In states across America,
    Voters decide gambling issues.
    Floridians once had that power, too.
    With Amendment 3, we will again.
    Amendment 3 restores control of gambling to voters
    Not politicians
    Not gambling lobbyists
    YOU
    That’s why gambling lobbyists are spending millions falsely attacking Amendment 3
    They don’t want voters in charge
    Florida’s top newspapers agree
    Put the power in the hands of the voters
    By voting YES to Amendment 3

Voting Record
    Election season is here.
    Remember, who you vote for is secret
    But whether you vote is public information
    Your friends, family, and neighbors can look up your voting record
    This year, whether by mail, early, or on Nov 2nd
    Be sure to Make a Plan to Vote!
    And after the election your voting record will be updated based on your participation on Nov 2nd
    So, Vote, on or by Nov 2nd.

I know the room is in the mix a lot more than I would like, so ignore that…!

Thanks for your time.

TimG

CHRISTOPHER WHITING
    Participant

He everyone, I just finished another round of homework and welcome any and all feedback. Thank you in advance!

Aetna/US Healthcare
    No matter where we live–when it comes to something as important as health care–we all want the best. That’s why AETNA and US HEALTHCARE have joined forces to create a partnership that will set a new standard for quality and caring. AETNA and US HEALTHCARE. Raising the standard for your town, for your family, and for you.

Beavers
    The b****r builds its lodge out of intertangled twigs and sticks; as freezing weather nears, they plaster their lodge with mud, making a concrete layer that no predator can break through. During the early nineteenth century, the b****r pelt was the single most valuable commodity; the pelt being used for robes, coats, clothing trims, and top hats. (FWIW, the forum automatically starred out “eave” lol)

American Airlines
    Welcome aboard American Airlines coast-to-coast service. We’ll be happy to do everything possible to make your flight with us a most pleasurable experience. We’ll provide you with all the information you need to know about your flight, your destination, and the equipment on which you are currently flying. In addition, we are proud to present our American Airlines feature film presentation, for our transcontinental passengers. We’d like you now to remove the plastic insert found directly in front of you in the seat back pocket. Please review the safety information during the flight for your own protection, in the unlikely event of an in-flight emergency.

Attachments:
      nettipo1
      Participant

Hi Christopher,
      Your voice is so nice to listen to. I enjoyed all three, but especially the American Airlines most of all. The Beavers read could probably be less announcery…I guess it would be the right tone if you are giving a guided tour of a b****r habitat, but I think it might need a different kind of tone if it was a tv documentary. Anyway, you definitely are on point with your reads.

Sheila Harris
    Participant

Hi, just uploading two scripts for feedback. Thanks in advance!

Sandals
    Somewhere in the Caribbean, there are 5-star luxury resorts where it’s all-inclusive, all the time. Sandals, where love is all you need. Because everything else is included. Call 1-800-Sandals.

Honey Bunches of Oats
    It’s amazing! I never thought one cereal would make my whole family stay for breakfast. HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS. There’s never been a cereal like it. With big corn flakes and crunchy bunches of oats. Finally … a cereal my whole family loves.

Attachments:
      Evette75
      Participant

nice work, Sheila. I did sense a hint of pause during the Sandals read at the 5-star luxury part that made the flow a little interrupted. The Honey Bunches read had good energy, like how you emphasized the keys components of ad.

Esandyii
    Participant

Homework submission for Art Bruder.

ES

Attachments:
      TimberTykes
      Participant

Hello!

You did a great job with this! Your voice is a solid choice for this narration piece, and perhaps even a comfy audiobook.

Everything seems well paced, as well. I’ve no complaints here. Great work!

Esandyii
    Participant

Homework submissions for Art Bruder.
    ES

Attachments:
    AyalC93
    Participant

Hi all. Just dropping 2 more bits of commercial homework. Would love some feedback. Thanks!

Jimmy Deans TV Spot – Food and Beverage
    Make any morning of the week feel like the weekend with the Jimmy Deans simple scrambles breakfast cup. Eggs, sausage, bacon n’ cheese all included in one simple cup.

The Zebra – Car Insurance
    Wendel lives in a bounce house. But he doesn’t wanna bounce around the internet to save on car insurance. So he uses the Zebra app to compare the top companies. Save an average of $440 on car insurance. Compare and save at TheZebra.com

Attachments:
    Nekole
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

Please review my scripts and provide me with any helpful feedback. Thank you and I appreciate your time!

Attachments:
    Evette75
    Participant

Hi Community – adding some sample recordings, please provide feedback.

Secret –
    Fresh & Aluminum Free. Sevret Aluminum Free helps ELIMINATE ODOR. Secret believes odor should be one less thing to sweat! Our ALUMINUM FREE formula helps ELIMINATE ODOR instead of just masking it with 3X MORE ODOR FIGHTERS And it’s FREE OF parabens, dyes and talc.

Things We’re Talking About This Week – from a magazine
    Everything bagel ice cream challenges taste buds – Jeni’s Splendid revealed a breakfast-inspired new flavor featuring garlic and onions with sesame and poppy seeds in cream cheese ice cream.

Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade’s Shady Baby gets her own book – The couple wrote a children’s book featuring their little Instagram star, 2-year-old daughter Kaavia James – aka the adorably opinionated Shady Baby.

Attachments:
    EdSoliz
    Participant

My last three homework assignments, feedback would be much appreciated!

American Lung Assocation
    For a kid with asthma, the joys of childhood quickly become living nightmares. A playful kitten, a cuddly puppy, a bouquet of flowers, all are potential triggers for terrifying attacks. Don’t let Asthma rob another childhood. Call 1800 Lung, USA. The American Lung Association.

Lexus
    This is not a time for business as usual.
    Unless your business as usual has always been about putting people first.
    Find out how your Lexus dealer can service your individual needs.

BASF
    At BASF, we don’t make the cooler, we make it cooler. We don’t make the jeans, we make them bluer. We don’t make the toys, we make them tougher. At BASF, we don’t make a lot of the products you buy. We make a lot of the products you buy better. BASF.

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.