Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    latyesemca
    Participant

This was a real tongue twister and I feel pretty proud of myself with this one!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    latyesemca
    Participant

Hope y’all like cleaning supplies!

Attachments:
    latyesemca
    Participant

it’s been a while since I’ve posted any takes from the commerical homework I’ve been given. any and all feedback is much appreciated! I may be a little rusty hehe. Here’s one to bring back the days of vacations~

Attachments:
    alayne_chappell
    Participant

Hello all! I really appreciate any feedback on these two reads. I’m still quite new to vo, so any advice is appreciated! I’m working on connecting more with the listener and being more conversational in narration reads, and maintaining a slower pace with fewer unnecessary pauses. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

I love the breaths. I’ve attempted book narration and found the editing to be difficult. Eventually started using a clicker to help me edit out mistakes. I always overthought my breathing. Found the whole thing to be headache inducing. But you are made for it. Loved your natural delivery. Really enjoyed the breathing. Very comforting.

Alexander Wright
      Participant

The narration sounds good. I am also new and not too familiar with narration, but in terms of pauses and breaths, is that something you can do in narration using audio tools to silence breaths and such when possible? That’s the only thing that stood out

monibr16
    Participant

Hi guys! Here’s another possible commercial for my reel, please let me know where I can improve or tweek.
    Thank you

Revlon Super Lustrous
    Give me a color. It empowers me. Let it be unforgettable, just like me. Revlon super lustrous lipstick. Super smooth, super rich. Now in 91 lustrous shades. Live boldly.

Attachments:
      latyesemca
      Participant

I agree with everyone else, the tone could do a little changing up to seperate between the first person and the brand. It’s on the softer side as well and a little slow for my taste. But the clarity was great!

jennbowers
      Participant

I agree with Brian that there should be a shift in tone. I feel the first person part needs to convey the confidence/empowerment that color gives you. Your tone is great in the second half.

Brian Evans
      Participant

Really nice work! I like how it’s in the first person until “Revlon.” Maybe there could be a shift in tone at that point? Not sure if that would be good or not for your reel.

Brian Evans
    Participant

Hi! I would appreciate your feedback on this spot. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

Really well done. Your delivery is strong without being severe. Knowledge without pomposity. Really nice voice. Very commanding.

monibr16
      Participant

Wow, this was great. Pacing was awesome and you didnt hit your T’s hard. Very nice.

monibr16
    Participant

Hi everyone, I hope your enjoying your holiday! When you have time any and all feedback would be apprecited. Im tweeking my choices for reel. So let me know if they work for my voices, and anyways I can improve my delivery.Scripts below. Thank you!

Gabbys perfect dollhouse
    Using your imagination, is the perfect way to create a world of fun with your friends. Gabby’s perfect dollhouse is a proud sponsor of Disney junior.
    Additional sets and accessories sold separately. Batteries not included.

Coffee mate
    (Yawn) There it is, my best friend in the morning. All I need is the rich and delicious taste of coffee mate to help me be me, every morning. Coffee mate. Coffee’s perfect mate.

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

What a smooth and lovely sound you have. I really enjoyed the coffee spot. You really captured that early morning first cup sound. Keep em coming.

monibr16
        Participant

What a compliment! Thank you so much for the feeback earthbul!

monibr16
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    It’s been a while but im trying to finalize my reel selections. So how dowes this one sound voice wise, energy and all that? just not technically because I don’t have the best equipment.
    Thank you, Monique

Attachments:
      Artist7
      Participant

Hi, Monibr16! This is a very good read! Your tone and energy are both appropriate for the read. My only con would be the sibilance after the words “fits,” “cups,” and “straps.” May want to smooth out the hisses on those “s” sounds.

monibr16
        Participant

Thank you so much artist, that helps a lot!

Earthbul
    Participant

Any and all feedback welcomed and appreciated 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Earthbul.
    Attachments:
      Brian Evans
      Participant

Hi Earthbul! I really like the tone of your voice for this material. There is enough informal speech to convey the message and still plenty of details to make everything clear. Just a couple technical notes: The sound level comes in and out at the very beginning and at the end–“So you want…” sounds like it’s fading in and “…radical thinkers.” sounds like it’s fading out; and the music comes in a bit quiet for my ear and there isn’t a shift in your read (and/or a slight pause) when it starts so I wasn’t sure if it was intentional. But again, you’re voice is spot on for this.

Artist7
    Participant

Hi, everyone-I’d appreciate feedback on these two short commercial reads. Thanks so much!

Attachments:
      monibr16
      Participant

Hey artist7 you had two VERY good takes. Each painting the correct picture with your energy. Crest was upbeat and positive. I could hear the smile in your voice. Where ambien delivered a calm and peacful tone that suited the medical product.

The only not I’d give would be for the crest commercial hit the d in “wider” more. It kind of sounded like you were saying “whiter”. But other thank that they sound great.

Artist7
        Participant

Hi, Monibr16! I appreciate you taking the time to listen and provide great feedback!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.