Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    James
    Participant

I played about with this one. I’m not happy with it personally. Added some music from Looperman (credit to user:Rasputin), and EQ’d my voice to sound like an old movie. I don’t think my voice is a good match for this kind if voice work lol. The script was generated by ChatGPT.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Barndi
      Participant

I’m new to the VO world so take my response w a grain of salt but I thought it sounded great! Maybe it’s the background music you expertly chose but I can totally picture the battle-weary, cynical detective. =)

Angela Doyle
        Participant

I totally agree!

James
        Participant

Thank you for the kind words! I’m very critical of my work, and I do mean with everything. But your input does mean a lot!

anpascua
    Participant

Hello Everyone! I’m new to voice over and not working from a professional home studio yet. I’m working on narration scripts. I appreciate any feedback on the following:
    1. Does my read sound conversational?
    2. How is my diction?
    3. Working on my pace – how is it?
    4. Am I reading my copy with a good flow or do I sound choppy?

Thank you all for your help and time. Have a great day on purpose!

Attachments:
      Angela Doyle
      Participant

There definitely is an echo in both. I’d clean things up a bit and remove the breaths. It might be me, but they’re a bit distracting.

James
      Participant

The delivery is great on both of them! You have a high noise floor and a bit of an echo, a little acoustical padding will cure this. This is really good. With a good warm up before your next practice script, your speech will sound even sharper. It’s an issue I have personally. Over all, great start!

James
    Participant

I have an east Texas accent and I’m working on making it less noticeable. I also have a mumble issue. Where can I improve on this?

Attachments:
      Brmassey
      Participant

Whew! What a tongue twister. Was this for a commercial read or just a way to warm up? I would say if for a commercial or narration, definitely slow down a bit and don’t forget to enunciate–you lost the “t” in hot. I can’t even tell you have a Texas accent. 🙂

James
        Participant

Thank you! Yes it was for a warm up, so I was pushing to read it faster then a normal script simply because it was a tongue twister lol I now hear the missing T.

DillonP
    Participant

It has been quite sometime since I posted anything on here. I was hoping with these new recordings I could get some feedback on how well I am doing and what improvements that I need to have done. They are both commercial and narration recordings that I just had gotten done with and to see how well they are. Thank you.

Attachments:
      Barndi
      Participant

I think the product is pronounced ex-CE-drin, if I’m remembering correctly from old TV commercials. =)

James
      Participant

Those sounded very good to me! I’d say play around with the emotion and see what comes of it. Do some mouth exercises as well, it does help a good deal. Over all, I liked them!

rotationmanager
    Participant

Nurse Practitioner (NP) Clinical Rotations| Clinical Rotation Schedule | Student Clinical Placements; When scheduling a nursing student or nurse practitioner, schools and clinical sites need a centralized platform. Our student placement scheduling tool allows you to oversee nursing student rotations, view background checks and more.

Attachments:
    Artist7
    Participant

Hi, everyone! I would really appreciate some feedback on these two commercial reads. Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
      Angela Doyle
      Participant

I like your voice, but with Ancient Mysteries, I felt that there were quite a number of ups and downs in the read. It was a bit singsong-y and felt almost like you were reading a children’s book while I was looking for a lower, more mysterious read given the title.

Good job on Pawncast.

MattSchonberg
    Participant

Hey all! These are my last two Narration reads going into my final class. Any feedback would be welcome as always.

Attachments:
      Angela Doyle
      Participant

Brevard College–your tone felt more jovial than I would think an informational spot on a higher educational institution would need. I liked how your read was very clear.

waninick
    Participant

Just a little something I threw together yesterday.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments:
      Brmassey
      Participant

Your voice is great for this type of read–playful and authoritative! I would say watch your enunciation “jolted” kinda sounded a bit mumbled and you trailed off on “Leaf” at the end so be mindful to really drive home those “money” words!

Brandyhart610
    Participant

May I have feedback directly related to the sound? Is this clos(er) to industry standard volume when you listen? Thank you all, I appreciate it!

Attachments:
      Brandyhart610
      Participant

Still working on sound. Is this more clear? Attached.

Attachments:
    Talia Hankin
    Participant

Hi! I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback on these two commercial reads. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments:
      Earthbul
      Participant

Great inflection, nice cuts with great sound quality. You’re voice is perfect for this type of read. Great work.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.