Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Provocaleric
    Participant

Amelia Earhart
    Amelia Earhart dared to go where no one had gone before. The public adored the pioneering pilot. And news reels of the day captured her every move. Yet the private side of Amelia would always remain an enigma.

House with Nobody Home
    Whenever I walk to Suffern along the Erie track
    I go by a poor old farmhouse with its shingles broken and black.
    I suppose I’ve passed it a hundred times, but I always stop for a minute
    And look at the house, the tragic house, the house with nobody in it.

Provocaleric
    Participant

Dear lovely Edge Artists,

As so many of us in here are getting are demos ready, please give me a hand and I will do the same for you if you would please take a listen to a couple of reads I borrowed from from the Edge script library

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      manchilda
      Participant

Strong read on Amelia Earhart, though it possibly sounded a little too cheerful as well. It seems you have a happy sounding voice based upon the other comment!

RoxyMel
      Participant

Hi! As far as the house with nobody in it goes, I like this.the middle part is particularly strong. I may have though the end was possibly a little too cheerful sounding for the meaning I interpreted.

Provocaleric
    Participant

Hello Ray,
    You have a clear tone with good pacing but I would like to see a little more energy in your reads. Maybe a little brighter tone to add to your already friendly read. Thank you for letting me review your work. Please feel free to review mine as well, thank you Ray

raymazebarnes
    Participant

Good evening,

I am uploading a few things that I have worked on over the past few weeks. Would love to get your feedback as I am looking to record my demo in the near future.

Attachments:
    chloeblackstone
    Participant

Hi y’all! I would appreciate any feedback on this virtual campus tour video copy I’m considering for my narration demo. What could I do to improve this read? Thanks in advanced for listening!

-Chloe

“The Rutgers New Brunswick Campus, on the banks of the Raritan river, is located in Central New Jersey. One hour from New York City, Philadelphia, the Jersey Shore and Ski Resorts! The 22,00 acre Rutgers Community includes 5 residential campuses with a variety of settings, from Farmland, to a traditional northeastern college setting with historic ivy covered stone halls. Students enjoy green lawns, campus quads, and vibrant student centers. plus, a college town with boutiques, shops, four-star restaurants, hotels, and a theater district just a short walk away.”

Attachments:
      KMcClintock
      Participant

Hey Chloe,

I like how friendly you sound in your read and you speak really well, I understood everything you said. For improvement you could speed up the read a little bit and maybe be talking to someone like you are giving a tour to potential students and you’re excited to share information about the campus. Hope this helps!

Roman Saienni
    Participant

Happy Tuesday everyone…
    Here a couple scripts I’ve been working on for homework.
    I’d appreciate your critiques. Thanks for listening.

Roman

Attachments:
      Roman Saienni
      Participant

Sorry everyone… i’m reposting the files.
      I just noticed that settings were off and my levels were low.
      thanks again for listening,
      Roman

Attachments:
        Provocaleric
        Participant

HI Roman,
        I like your friendly tone and clear diction on all your reads! If I had to criticize anything assuming we are not being too critical on the actual audio, I would say your levels on the 1st two reads were still low and you could use a little more guy next door in your flow and musicality. Good luck to you and never stop getting better!

Roman Saienni
          Participant

Thanks so much! I appreciate your comments.

Best,
          Roman

JAE Factor
    Participant

Hello All,

There are some practice scripts I found through the library that I’m using to practice and sharpen my skills. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Provocaleric
      Participant

Hi Jae,
      I agree with everything Chloe said lol, but I do want to say your voice has certain lively clarity that makes me want to listen, so keep at it and you’re on your way to awesome instructional reads

JAE Factor
        Participant

Thank you for the compliment Provocaleric.

chloeblackstone
      Participant

Nice reads! I enjoyed listening. You have a voice that really suits the copy you chose. For “Making Candy,” you sound really clear and well-paced. I would pay attention to the pitch at the end of each sentence – you’re pitching down a lot. If you vary the end pitch, it will sound more attention grabbing.

For Tesla, I loved this read. I would slow down though, I noticed some words run into each other. Since it’s instructional you want the listener to really hear and process each word you’re saying so they don’t have to listen a second time.

For Creating a New E-mail, this is longer copy, but take your time reading it and don’t rush it. I would also recommend vary the pitches a little as well. Your voice really sounds great with this copy though! Very nice read.

JAE Factor
        Participant

Chloe, thank you for your feedback. I will work on varying my pitches and tweak my pacing on longer copies. I appreciate the compliments. Thank you!

KMcClintock
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Here are two pieces of homework, any feedback would be appreciated.
    Ace Brand: Ace Brand Lawn and Garden Supplies are made with a satisfaction guarantee. Because all the talk in the world doesn’t matter if you can’t back it up. Ace Brand.
    Special K Red Berries: Putting strawberries in cereal wasn’t our idea. Putting them in the box was. With slices of real strawberries and crunchy sweet flakes, looking good never tasted so good. Special K Red Berries.

Thank you,

Kendall

Attachments:
      chloeblackstone
      Participant

Hi Kendall! I liked how in both of your reads, you do a really good job of varying pitch in each sentence so they kept my attention throughout. My main tip would be to slow down and focus on enunciating each and every word. For example, to my ear, the words “lawn and garden supplies” blended together. Same with the opening line for special k “putting strawberries.” Overall, great energy in both!

KMcClintock
        Participant

Thank you Chloe! Great advice too, I will work on my enunciation and slowing down!

maxspitz
    Participant

Hey Yall!
    Posting some HWs for narration. Would really appreciate any kind of feedback or comments yall have!

Thanks,
    Max

Business Software
    Your online business is growing. That’s a good thing. But as orders increase, so do the bottlenecks in business processes. To keep growing, you need to do a better job at managing inventory, processing & fulfilling orders and keeping your customers happy – all while expanding into new channels.

Financial Engines
    Financial Engines provides investors with honest, personalized advice and portfolio management. Available online, on paper, and by phone, our advice is accessible to all and unique to each investor’s goals and financial circumstances.
We serve millions of retirement plan participants through leading employers and financial institutions. Using proprietary advice technology, proven financial methodology, and the expertise of our investment team, we offer objective advice you can trust.

Attachments:
      ilene.echavarria
      Participant

Hi Max! These are sooo good and clean! I love your voice. On “Business Software,” my suggestion would be to read the second half a bit warmer. The read felt cold here.

maxspitz
        Participant

Ilene,

Thanks so much for your kinds words and feedback! After re-listening again I totally hear what you’re talking about needing more warmth. I’ll keep that in mind moving forward.

Thanks again!
        Max

ekairush04
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    These are my two practice scripts. Would love any feedback on them. Thank you in advance. >ER

In This House
    In this house
    There is no mess
    No gossiping, nothing negative, and definitely no stress
    Never mind what happened in the past
    Putting focus there only makes it last
    In this house we ONLY dream
    It’s why we make the perfect team
    Only speak of all the good to come
    Move to the beat of Our own drums
    In this house it’s just like me
    We practice the dreams we desire to be
    Now in this house the things you see
    Are all the dreams that were in ME.

Cosmos

Welcome to the planet earth. A place of blue nitrogen skies, oceans of liquid water, cool forests, soft meadows; A world positively rippling with life. From the cosmic perspective, it is, for the moment, unique. The only world on which we know with certainty that the matter of the cosmos has become alive, and aware. There must be many such worlds scattered through space, but our search for them begins here, with the accumulated wisdom of the men and women of our species, acquired at great cost, over a million years.

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.