Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    RBenesVO
    Participant

Requesting feedback if you have the time. Thank you.

HERE ARE SOME QUICK AND EASY STEPS TO PROVIDE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT WORK:

Step 1 : Start with a smile: Smiling immediately puts the customer at ease and signals that you are ready and able to help.
    Step 2: Treat customers with empathy & understanding: Customers want to know that you understand their situation and their special circumstances.
    Step 3: Respond promptly & accurately: Let customers know when they can expect results. Always do the job right the first time.
    Step 4: Be reliable: Show your customers that you can deliver their requested goods or services on time.

Official Alaska Vacation Planning Video
    This Official Alaska Vacation Planning Video is filled with plenty of breathtaking scenes. But more important, it’s loaded with all the information you need for planning a trip to Alaska. Like when to go, what to wear, and what to see. So if you’ve got Alaska on your mind, you’re going to love this video. Let’s begin with snow sports. This is definitely the place. For cross-country and down-hill skiing. For snow boarding, tobogganing, and even ice fishing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nik
    Participant

Hi..I would appreciate any feedback on this Nike ad.
    Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
      RBenesVO
      Participant

Sounds really good. The added crowd effect works but perhaps should be silenced after you mention in the locker there is nothing but silence. Lastly, possibly punch Nike a bit more at the end after the final question. Overall very nice.

Nik
        Participant

Thank you for that feedback:)

Progency
    Participant

A name of Professional Realtors. Progency is a real estate firm that provides expert guidance at finding a home or investment property in Rawalpindi and Islamabad – Pakistan. It guides you through the process to help you achieve your dreams!

Progency is a well-reputed real estate company. We have been working for many years to provide our clients with the best of the services. Our services include Consultancy, Real Estate Brokerage, Project Management, Project Marketing and Construction. We develop a concrete strategy to help you achieve your dream destination. Various projects are being worked upon including Gold Avenue, Blue World City and Builders Mall.

As per findings of the World Bank, real estate constitutes about 60% to 70% of the country’s total economic size. The findings make it evident that real estate plays a crucial role in shaping and directing the economy of a state. Overall, real estate is a growing sector in Pakistan even though a bit of slowdown has been observed since 2017 due to political instability and uncertain financial situation. However, hopes are high for the coming times. In ease of doing business reports, Pakistan ranked 108 in 2020 which was 136 in the previous year. It shows the signs of improvement as well as increased chances of foreign direct investment (FDI). Whether national or international, investors tend to invest in the real estate sector to a great extent because of its huge turnover. In Pakistan, there are many excellent real estate companies working to facilitate the investors. Progency is a real estate company working hard to provide services related to real estate consultancy, brokerage, project management and marketing, and construction.

Realty Square is an international level real estate company which provides services related to architecture, building and development. If you are thinking of investing in the real estate sector you can always contact us for initial consultancy services as well as brokerage, construction, marketing services in the later phases of development.

Attachments:
    mike_levelton
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Getting started on working on my narration demo course.

Was hoping I could get some feedback on some test scripts I have.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      RBenesVO
      Participant

On Cineplex. Good read, you could separate “to it’s” at 0:05 as they bleed together. At 0:18 you could remove much of the pause before “promise career growth”. Good read though.

Wes@1972
    Participant

And 3rd a scripture narration. One of my issues has been tempo and pacing, so I’m working hard to correct that!

Attachments:
    Wes@1972
    Participant

This is my second VO post and is a biographical narration.

Attachments:
      RBenesVO
      Participant

Good read. Washington at 0:23 sounded a bit different from when you used it at the end. Only other minor critique would be there is a possible change in pitch between some sentences. Almost where you may have taken a breath, cut it out in editing, but the up pitch from a fresh breathe was still there. Again, hardly noticeable.

Wes@1972
        Participant

Thank you for the constructive feedback! One area I need to work on is my editing and breathing, so definitely very helpful.

Wes@1972
    Participant

Hi this is Wes! I’ve been out of the loop for a while. This is my first attempt at VO narration scripts.
    This is 1 of 3 homework scripts. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Attachments:
      ilene.echavarria
      Participant

Hi Wes! Your voice is definitely suited for narration. This was a nice read, but I would slow down the pace a bit. Make it a bit more conversational.

Wes@1972
        Participant

Hi Ilene, thank you so much for your feedback! It’s very useful as I prepare for my upcoming narration demo.

airbear57
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Would love some feedback on these practice scripts!

Downy Light: Want your clothes to smell freshly washed all day without heavy perfumes? Now they can with Downy light in wash freshness boosters. Just pour a cap full of beads into your washing machine before each load to give your laundry a light scent that lasts longer than detergent alone. With no heavy perfumes or dyes. Finally a light scent that lasts all day. New Downy Light available in 4 naturally inspired scents.

Nespresso Vertuo: Nespresso Vertuo. Redefining coffee with one touch precision brewing technology. A smooth crema for an exceptional coffee every day. Nespresso Vertuo. what coffee is meant to be.

Thanks so much!

Attachments:
      michaelflemingvoice
      Participant

First things first. I know I will be hearing your voice in commercials in the future. You’ve got the raw goods.

In Nespresso, just about every sentence was a downward side. It made you sound bored. Contrast that with the Downy that had so much more variety and musicality in your delivery, which made you sound fun and friendly. I’d try it again reading the Nespresso with Downy inflections.

With the Downy, I’d really think about where the pauses are and why. Maybe fewer pauses would help it flow and solidify your friendliness. Also, try ending it with a smile and shrug.

Your voice is beautiful. Keep up the hard work!

airbear57
        Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will definitely keep these things in mind when I read through these scripts again 🙂

Sylvanie
    Participant

Hello Everyone, Looking for feedback on my practice scripts below. As always, very much appreciated.

BOYS & GIRLS CLUB

Put this card in the hands of a child and there’ll be no room for a gun. A needle. Or a knife. It’s only a piece of paper, but that little membership card has helped keep millions of kids off drugs, out of gangs and in school. To learn how you can help the Boys & Girls Clubs, call 1-800-854-Club. Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The POSITIVE Place For Kids.

BURT’S BEES

You asked me to define myself? What should I say? I’m complicated. I’m complex. I’m a boss. And beautiful. I’m all these things and a million things more. But one thing I’m not? I’m not synthetic. So why would I use beauty products that are? Introducing new Burt’s Bees Beauty. A full line of natural cosmetics that make you feel your beautiful best. Because of how they’re made, not in spite of it. Burt’s Bees.

Attachments:
      chloeblackstone
      Participant

Hi everyone! I love hearing what you all are working on, I’m gonna sit down and leave some more feedback this afternoon.

In the meantime I would love any feedback on this In-Show Narration sample I’m considering for my narration demo. I know my vocals aren’t in great shape, but I wonder if my voice suits this copy, and what I could do to improve this read. Thanks in advanced!

– Chloe

“Cool waters. Hot sun. And fresh mountain breezes whispering on the wind. Think lake front living is only for the rich? Think again! Today we’re on the hunt for a bargain to renovate in lake country Wisconsin. This area is all about lake living, with more than 140 lakes in the county, lake country is a booming year round destination for people who love to boat, fish and do just about anything under the sun. Homes in this lake community can sell for more than a million dollars. But our bargain hunters are looking to buy a lakefront home for 450 thousand dollars.”

Attachments:
    michaelflemingvoice
    Participant

Homework #1 I have 9 scripts here, and I thank you for your time and effort in advance. What do you hear? Any suggestions on sub-genres that I fit nicely?
    Corporate Training
    Welcome to the Life underwriting and rating module. In this module we will dig deeper into the rating classes and underwriting process of life insurance. As an authorized representative of New World Life insurance, you are an important part of the underwriting process.

Museum Audio Guide
    In foot combat, two opponents face each other on the ground. Imagine a wrestling match, but with weapons and with no horse to get you out of danger’s way. What would be the best armor to protect you? It would have to cover your entire body, yet be flexible enough to respond to your every move.

Explainer Video
    In the first half of Paul’s letter to the believers in Ephesus, Paul explores the story of the Gospel, how all history came to its c****x in Jesus and in his creation of this multi-ethnic community of his followers.

How-to Video
    You are constructing multi-level buildings on the glorious island and the first player to reach a certain level wins. You have only two things to do each turn: move a builder and build up. The first player to get a builder on top of a 3-story structure wins, and they must climb to it via a 1 and then 2-story building.

Travel Guide Video
    Vera and Garrucha, two neighboring towns in the hills of Almeria. An excellent example of touristic development in a traditionally agricultural region. Vera rises from the river basin onto a plain surrounded by farms and orchards. Garrucha has been transformed from a humble fishing port to a pillar of tourism.

Telephony
    We appreciate your patience as our representatives continue to assist other customers. Did you know that you can find answers to common questions on our website? Just log on with your user ID and click on the FAQs link on the right-hand side.

Golf Course Overview
    The opening hole at Victoria National starts off with a moderate par 4, with only two left-side fairway bunkers guarding the opening tee shot. A straightaway with no water hazards in sight from the back tee, it’s a design you don’t see often from Fazio.

E-learning
    Giraffes are the tallest animals on earth, but did you know that giraffes sleep while standing? And they keep their eyes wide open. When a giraffe is born, it starts its life by falling 7 feet down to the ground.

Documentary/podcast
    You could say that the late 1800s saw the birth of the celebrity. Sure people had been famous before. Many gained fame for writing books, like Mary Shelley, and robbing banks, like Jessie James. But around the turn of the century, people began to excitedly follow celebrity movements and appearances in the papers like never before.

Attachments:
      ilene.echavarria
      Participant

Hi Michael! These are great reads. You have clear diction and enunciation, and love how you highlighted key words and maintained a great pace in all of these. My only note would be on “E-learning.” I wish you had a bit more fun with that one like you did with “Travel Guide Video.” While your read was good, warm and relaxed, maybe could have read it a bit more playful since the audience seems to be kids based on the copy. But overall, these were great!

michaelflemingvoice
        Participant

¡Gracias! I really appreciate you taking the time! Also, I remember you from our Technique 101 class, and I’m very excited to see where VO takes you. I could tell you have talent even in the short reads we were doing. ¡Que dios te bendiga en tu rumbo!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.