Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    rustylj63
    Participant

Hey All,

I have a couple reads here and would love your feedback. Tell me the truth please 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Gill
      Participant

Rusty,
      Nice relaxed reads. I like your tone, and emphasis, the pace is good for both. I heard a little buzzing as you spoke but I think that is more audio.

Gill
    Participant

Hi everyone, would appreciate your feedback on my reads, pace, tone, etc… I’m still a-little congested please ignore thanks!

Attachments:
      IlikeGlen
      Participant

hi Gill I really like your natural sound and tone
      be careful with pronunciations because you said medalla like the beer instead of medulla

rustylj63
      Participant

Hi Gill,
      Great voice. I completely understand the congestion… I’ve been struggling with it since October. I liked your reads, but I have to ask… did you edit some spacing out of them? It sounds like you are jumping from one phrase to the next with no spaces in a few places. I can definitely hear the smile in your voice! 🙂

Gill
        Participant

Yes, that is my bad editing, I’m working on it thanks for the feedback!

svenbot5000
    Participant

Hello! I have am trying to get back into the game after a long hiatus so I feel like some practice and feedback is necessary. I did one take of this and would like to know what you notice about it! Just looking for performance feedback, I was not in my usual recording spot so please do not mind any audio issues. Thank you and have a great day!

How do you get clean?
    At RiseWell we believe oral hygiene should be natural and safe, without nasty toxins.
    Our natural mineral flavours will have you feeling fresh all day.
    Your teeth will not only feel healthier but also look visibly whiter.
    RiseWell mineral toothpaste – as effective as a chemical clean, without nasty toxins.
    Time for a mineral clean, time to RiseWell.

Attachments:
      mikemcgann
      Participant

I think your voice matched the script well, but I would watch for pacing ( a little fast ) as well as mouth noise and plosives. You may just have to balance the right distance from the mic as well as staying hydrated.

Maybe also play with a few versions of the “How do you get clean?” I may have not emphasized the “DO” but more on the “you.”

You mentioned that you’re not in your usual recording space, but I thought the environment actually sounded pretty good.

rustylj63
      Participant

I agree with what Curtis said. I wonder if maybe it might benefit from slowing down just a touch. Definitely some mouth noises. Sounded good.

Wltrcurtis
      Participant

I liked the energy of the read. You were pretty clear and well paced. I liked the emphasis at certain parts of the recording. There was a bit of mouth noise but overall good read. Hope this helped.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Wltrcurtis.
    brendiginette
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Uploading two scripts for review. I am a but congested in my sinuses, so please ignore that aspect of the recording.

I would love your feedback on these reads! Thank you!

Attachments:
    Wltrcurtis
    Participant

Uploading another read for review. All advice and critique is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
      rustylj63
      Participant

Hi Walter, I agree with Gill’s note about the pace. It sounds too slow I think.

Gill
      Participant

I like your tone, noticed your change in inflection, I think the pace could be a little faster.

Robertb
    Participant

Thank you.

DillonP
    Participant

Hello everyone, right now I am considering getting my demos made in the next month. And right now I am wanting to get prepared for what is to come. I have a Commercial and Narration piece out and would consider some feed back if possible regarding my annunciation and celerity in my speaking.

Attachments:
      Wltrcurtis
      Participant

I really liked the energy and character you put into the Ancient Mysteries read. The 9-Planets recording could be slowed down and I think that would improve the pacing. Generally speaking, I think you were pretty clear in both. Hope this helped.

brendiginette
      Participant

Hi Dillon,

The clarity of your speech and the enunciation of words was great. It was very clear and easy to understand.

I loved the personality you brought to the Ancient Mysteries piece. However, it did sound a bit read-y. Maybe sounding more conversational and less robotic would improve the read?

For the 9-Planets script, it might be improved if it sounded more engaging. Again, to my ear it sounded like you were reading it and did not sound natural.

Other than that, great work!

Wltrcurtis
    Participant

Hi Everyone, Looking for feedback on a new narration read. Appreciate all input. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      DillonP
      Participant

That was really good, and it was spot on and clear. From the dialogue I think it should be more upbeat. If you smile more while recording it would vastly improve and get the audience more attached. Other then that I think it was a good piece, Keep at it!

Robertb
    Participant

Hi Lindsay,

You have good articulation and variety in your energy/tempo. That was especially on display with the piece on plastics. Really felt like you were connecting with kids as you went along. You also have the ability to treat the script like a short story with a beginning middle and end. That’s something my coach said to look for and you really have that going with that one.

The depreciation copy was good and hit home for me because I’m in need of new laptop and I felt like you were educating me on why mine has slowed down so much over time. You were balanced and appropriately “instructional” in your approach.

I liked the park piece as well, though perhaps the pacing dipped a bit midway? Only say that because your energy perked up towards to the end and I felt was a great close. Don’t mean to say that it wasn’t a good read, just that I found myself really noticing the end which was bright and gave me the feeling of setting of on a nice walk.

Robertb
    Participant

Rusty,

Your voice reminded me of Brian Tracy, the sales and self help figure. Your voice sounds like someone who is knowledgeable about sales processes. As I listened I felt like you were speaking to a group of fellow sales professionals. I would say to continue to look for variety in your intonation. All in all, I think you are headed in the right direction.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.