Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    Carita
    Participant

Hello Everyone! Looking for feedback and tips on these two pieces. Thank you. Carita

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
      JoyceVOA
      Participant

Carita you scared me! Your voice sounds so much like mine. Wow! I listened to JOY. I thought your pace and tone were excellent. I heard your emotion in the beginning. It sounded like you were smiling. Then you voice sounded more technical. You ended with a smile. Good job!

Unity
    Participant

Resubmitting file

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

It was a good performance. Sounded echoey in the background though.

Unity
    Participant

Hello. As a Voice Over novice I’m posting to receive feedback on the attached samples. your time and feedback is most appreciated.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Unity.
    Attachments:
    iSynge
    Participant

Hey all! This is my first set of recordings after getting my new voice booth set up, so I’m eager for feedback on how things sound. From my point of view, they sound a lot better, but I would appreciate an outside perspective.

Attachments:
      ArtB
      Participant

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by ArtB.
      SuperLuke
      Participant

Very good performance. Practice pacing, in case a client tells you to speed up the commercial read(s).

mmyers24
    Participant

Good Morning Everyone. This is so exciting. I am fairly new to the forum and would love to receive some feedback on my recordings from my fellow peers, Your opinions mean a lot to me and will not be taken in vain. I chose two different spots. One soft and the other more upbeat. Thank you so much in advance.

Dove
    My life is not bound by being a woman. I’m interested in what I think is important.
    I hardly ever do the girly thing. I don’t go around thinking I look beautiful, but I think I am beautiful.
    I like my skin to be soft. So, I wash with DOVE. I’m happy with my skin and my life.

Native
    Most natural deodorants smell like pit checks and potpourri
    But not Native, our 24 hour freshness last from board meetings to bicep curls to bed time
    So all you smell is confidence and coconut.
    Native

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by mmyers24.
    Attachments:
      mir19800
      Participant

Good reads on both. You sound as if you were connected to the copies. Good pace and tone.

Gill
      Participant

You did a great job on both of these reads. I liked the way you made both reads your own.Your pace is good and your flow is smooth. Your voice gives the scripts richness and energy. Nice job!

mmyers24
        Participant

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my reads and for the beautiful feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Carita
      Participant

Great Work!

mmyers24
        Participant

Thank you so much!!!!

Carita
      Participant

Great Work!

ierxyzz
    Participant

Hi everyone! I recently began commercial coaching with edge. This is my first crack with the home studio. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Attachments:
      nicolance
      Participant

dear ierxyzz – technically – your home studio recording sounds clean and at good volume. Your McD read is wonderful – sounds just like people speak in conversation – you are a natural! Diction in a couple of spots can be helped by slowing down with tough words or phrasing like arabica beans . . .keep us the good work – this is really good work! You did not seem as “connected” in the Crocker spot . . .from the words, sounds more like an ad voiced by a motherly sounding woman. Find another spot that supports your voice and style. Lance

SuperLuke
      Participant

Good job with this performance. I hear honest enthusiasm in your voice, especially at the end.
      Keep up the good work!

mmyers24
      Participant

Hi ierxyzz, I enjoyed your reads, especially the McDonalds, it was fun, great tempo and flowed all the way through from beginning to end. You have a great voice.

Lauren A
    Participant

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting. I’ve just started coaching in narration, and part of my homework is to post here. I would appreciate some feedback!

Attachments:
      JoyceVOA
      Participant

Hi Lauren. I enjoyed all of your reads. It almost sounded like different people. I thought your pace and tone was very good. I heard a few pauses that could have been shorter but you did really well with the non-english words. Your energy was good all the way through.

mmyers24
      Participant

Hi Lauren, You have such a great voice. I enjoyed all three of your reads. Cosmos was my favorite because I love the feeling you put into it all throughout. It flowed nicely. Just watch out for some of the words getting lost in the airy whispering parts if that makes sense. (I too am working on this). Sanjo was great as well, I loved the flow when you first started, however I noticed that you sped up a little towards the middle but overall it was a really good read. I enjoyed all three. Nice work!

Lauren A
        Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Andrea
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m working on my narration demo and on accent reduction, aiming for SAE. It would be awesome if you could listen to this piece and tell me what you think my home state is. Any feedback on performance is greatly appreciated as well 🙂

The script is for a short video about beavers.

Thank you!

Lumberjack, surveyor, builder, engineer. It’s all in a day’s work for a b****r. They’ve got the tools and the know-how to create a brand new ecosystem – one log at a time. When they build, everyone shares the reward. A b****r pond is a wildlife magnet. It’s the place to find a mate and raise a family; to hunt; or to fight for survival. In the centre of the action, the engineer keeps the whole thing running. Building a dam, that’s just part of the job. These guys will face down predators, voyage into the unknown, and battle the full force of nature. All to create their little slice of paradise.

Attachments:
      SuperLuke
      Participant

Very nice performance.

Andrea
        Participant

Thanks for your feedback, SuperLuke. Much appreciated!

NishaG
    Participant

Hello everyone! Just looking to get some creative feedback on these two pieces. I am not working from a professional studio, so NO technical feedback, please. Thank you!

Attachments:
      Andrea
      Participant

Hi Nisha, nice! I liked both of your reads, especially Nature’s Recyclers. I could feel the energy in your voice. In Motivation-Meditation, I liked how you varied the tempo, but I think you went a bit too high in pitch after “As you feel scared.” You could take out the pauses before “akin to” and “so far” and maybe you could make the last sentence sound friendlier.

rustylj63
        Participant

Hi Nisha,
        I liked both of your reads. Your tempo is good and your voice is, for the most part, clear and sharp. There were a couple of words in “Nature’s Recyclers” that I think got muddled a little, but both reads sounded good!

rustylj63
    Participant

Because its been a couple of weeks since I’ve posted here I thought I’d drop a couple more recordings for y’all to beat me up with. Please disregard any background noise or echo, I’m not in my studio. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Andrea
      Participant

Hi rustylj, I think your voice is great for both pieces, but I feel like you’re a bit too serious in both, especially in Hungary’s Food Scene. Maybe try to add a smile and see if that lightens up the tone a bit? Imagine that you’re talking to a friend and telling them a fun fact about Hungary.

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.