Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    nicolance
    Participant

I have uploaded sample of scientific explainer narration – I found it tough to be conversational with this material, swaying toward instructional. What do you think? And I can hear the mouth clicks – was not hydrated enough! Thanks, Lance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DillonP
    Participant

Here is a new commercial and Narration piece I just worked on in preparations for my future involvement in the industry. I would really appreciate the feedback which could help with what I may need to work on for future recordings.

Attachments:
      JoyceVOA
      Participant

LNI – I didn’t hear any emotion until the last sentence. The beginning sounded like a read.

JoyceVOA
    Participant

Hi everyone! I would really appreciate your feedback on these samples. If you could please provide feedback on any/all of these items, that would be very helpful: my overall tone, cadence, pronunciations, pace and if my readings sound conversational. Thank you!!

Attachments:
      iSynge
      Participant

Hi Joyce – I’m sorry to say that while your voice does sound really good, the amount of glitches in the recording made it kind of unlistenable. I’m sure that’s not your fault, but judging from the feedback I’m seeing you get from someone else on a different recording, it seems you must have some kind of issue with your audio.

iSynge
    Participant

Got another couple of recordings I would love to get feedback on. Thanks!

Attachments:
      Gill
      Participant

Hi
      These were good reads overall
      Allstate: The pace could be slower in the middle to give more essences to the script it sounds raced. There’s a lot of “Your” in this read which could benefit from variations.
      Sesame Place: Pace is good, this read could have more energy when describing the theme park. Be mindful of your diction with “life and taxi.”
      Hope this helps!

JoyceVOA
    Participant

Hi everyone! I would really appreciate your feedback on these samples. If you could please provide feedback on any/all of these items, that would be very helpful: my overall tone, cadence, pronunciations, pace and if my readings sound conversational or not. Thank you!!

Attachments:
      DillonP
      Participant

You have a really great voice, and the way that you did the Macys take, sounded colorful and singing a bit. As for the Dove one I think it was a technical error with that one on, during which had some glitches. I think it was because of the recording issue and not you, because I think you were perfect in every way with Macys and I am sure it’s the same thing with dove if that error where fixed. Just keep up the good work.

Carita
    Participant

ierxyzz great job on both read, great enthusiasm/ Good Work!

Carita
    Participant

MMyers24 Loved both of your reads! Great work!

nicolance
    Participant

Dear Everyone – Corporate human resources explainer video – my goal was to sound like the experienced mentor sitting next to you having a friendly conversation. What do you think? Thanks! Lance

Attachments:
      Gill
      Participant

This is a great read Lance. Your tone and pace makes the read flow nicely. I would say towards the end where you have a list of things to just add some more variations as you hit each of them. Also, when you said training and educational opportunities it sounded combined so try them separately and see how different that sounds.

Elise Duke
    Participant

Hi everyone! I would really appreciate your feedback on these samples. If you could please provide feedback on any/all of these items, that would be very helpful: my overall tone, cadence, pronunciations, pace and if my readings sound conversational or not. Thank you!!

Attachments:
      JoyceVOA
      Participant

JIF – Overall good read. I could hear the emotion in the beginning. Then it became a little choppy. Your pace was good.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by JoyceVOA.
      Carita
      Participant

Hi Eduke54 I like the NY Times read the best . It had a lot of great energy! Keep up the good work.

HeatherDT
    Participant

Good Evening Everyone! Hope you all had a good holiday weekend.
    Please forgive that this is a bit lengthy, but it comprises of the clips that I will likely use for my demo reel. Nothing is final. My focus is narration.
    I am struggling a bit still to find enough range in my voice and still sound like myself. I look forward to any feedback provided.
    Many thanks,
    Heather

Attachments:
Viewing 3,148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.