Feedback Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    David Goldberg
    Edge Studio Staff

The Edge Studio Feedback Forum is the best place for you to post a recording and get feedback from the community! Record in your home studio, upload the file, and see what people think. This is a great place to get some advice on your technique, on your home studio, or to ask for people’s opinion on your reads. Remember, that this is a community forum, so please remain positive and encourage your peers in helpful ways. If Edge Studio feels that a user is too negative, or antagonizing other members of the community, they will have their posts deleted, and risk being banned from further communication. 

Stay positive, listen to each other, and have fun!

Viewing 3,145 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    SuperLuke
    Participant

Here’s the one that I think has the most noise reduction

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SuperLuke
    Participant

For recording purposes, mostly eliminating background noises, I am resubmitting my Wise Man character read for my demo.

Is this performance better?

Attachments:
      docr15
      Participant

Great voice characterization SuperLuke.  You seemed to change character a bit over the course of the read.  At first you sounded very strained, then you had an english, somewhat Winston Churchill sound then the last sentence lost all the gruffness and Churchill sound and it was just an english accent.

SuperLuke
        Participant

Thank you docr15 for your comment. Yes, me and my coach talked about “staying in character”. In the beginning I sort of sound like my young self. Then I was doing my best to sound like much time has passed and that I was older. When my voice sounds strained, I was following his advice by “constricting my throat” as I speak to have sound like an old textured, withered, and wise man. At the very end, I had to breathe and let go of my throat as I spoke.

All feedback is welcome! How was the recording quality? Any advice on how to sound older, staying in character, without constricting my throat too much as I perform?

SuperLuke
    Participant

Wise man and hope script; for character demo. My coach wants me to sound like a gruff, rough textured old wizard who wants to remind his friends about the strength of “hope”. I’m really trying to eliminate problems in my home studio. Feedback needed.

Lawless marauders spread pain and suffering as the sky burns. But we must never abandon Hope. We must look to the light in ourselves and each other. That light will become the dawn of a new civilization.

Attachments:
      mkell755
      Participant

SuperLuke – really liked the grit in your voice, and I was completely picturing the scene – dark and forboding in my mind. Very good!

bergtravis
      Participant

There is a little white noise in the background. Other than that it sounds good!

SuperLuke
    Participant

You did a good job with this recording. Sounded like a real commercial. Although, I thought when you said “ESPN” and “ABC”, I thought you were forcing the words out while trying to make sure you enunciated everything correctly.

docr15
      Participant

Thanks SuperLuke!

docr15
    Participant

Re-posting this since the website update.  This is homework for my Commercial Demo prep.  Thanks for any and all comments!

“The following is a special presentation of ESPN on ABC… home of the Citi BCS National Championship.”

docr15
      Participant

Ooops, mis-clicked and sent the wrong file.

Re-posting this since the website update.  This is homework for my Commercial Demo prep.  Thanks for any and all comments!

“The following is a special presentation of ESPN on ABC… home of the Citi BCS National Championship.”

Attachments:
        GJS
        Participant

I didn’t have as much of an issue with your “ESPN” OR “ABC,” I think it sounds great! My only suggestion would be one extra beat before “Home of . . . because the who’s presenting it flows great, but the “what?” oh, “Home of the Citi . . . ” etc., I just would have taken the quick extra beat and hit “Home” a little harder. But it’s very, very good as it is.

isabrandon30
        Participant

WOW!  That sounded really good!  I think you did a good job in making the networks stand out. And your pacing was perfect for this type of work!  Good luck with your Demo!

Tammy
    Participant

Please review and provide constructive criticism. Thank you!

County Center Homes
    Welcome to a Classic Home Town located in the Center of Prince William County.

Come see how classic hometown living can be part of your modern lifestyle. County Center combines superb amenities with a friendly neighborhood atmosphere, creating a warm and inviting community designed to bring people together. Relax with friends around the swimming pool, enjoy playtime at the tot lots, meet up with friends in the Pocket Parks or on the Village Green. You can also take advantage of the walking and bike paths, tennis and multi-purpose courts, community retail center, farmers market, and even a community amphitheater. County Center. Classic Hometown. Modern Lifestyles.

Attachments:
      dam1571
      Participant

County Center Homes – Really nice voice. Smooth delivery.

kfvoice
      Participant

Lovely voice! A nice warm tone. Crisp and clear. Makes me want to visit! Great job!

isabrandon30
      Participant

I think you chose a great tone for this read.  It really suited the copy well.  Inflections especially towards the end were nice and clear.  Good Job!

docr15
      Participant

Tammy, nice performance for your County Center Homes script!  Great recording quality.  My only comment would be that it seemed to sound rushed, perhaps you edited the spaces between sentences too tightly?  Still, a great-sounding voice!  Nicely done.

jonathan.anderson
      Edge Studio Staff

Hi! Jonathan Anderson, Director of Education at Edge here. Congrats on being the first person to upload to our brand new feedback forum! You may want to try to re-upload your audio file, as we couldn’t get it to play anything.

SuperLuke
        Participant

I enjoyed the performance read of this county center homes presentation

AndreaC
          Participant

I really love the warmth in your voice! Very clear, and you create a sense of honesty and connection that I aspire to! Thank you!

StevenMBrun
          Participant

NIce post [url=”https://google.com/”%5Dgoogle%5B/url%5D

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by StevenMBrun.
Viewing 3,145 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.